Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

At the end of the day, we can only speculate as we don't know the actual details of what Barton is demanding, and what the club are willing to offer him.

So we can't really lay any blame towards anybody until we actually know what's been going on.

I wouldn't be surprised if his agent is doing this to try and force the club's hand.

Although I do expect to see something in the press from Llambias the mysterious club insider in the next few days, saying Barton has made obscene demands.

On that last point, I expect you're right but it's already started - journalists already tweeting 'a source' who says he's turning down a very lucrative deal... the implication being it's not enough for richie rich.

Call me insane, but I'm still more likely to believe a 'club source'/journo talk than I am that of a sleezeball like Willie Mc-cunt.

I think this is a good sign from the board. We shouldn't be held to ransom by anyone. If Barton wants to play for us "for the rest of his career" as quoted, then he will sign. Willie McKay is basically just stirring here. If he's a money man, we should think about bringing in Charlie Adam --> Good replacement IMO.

If himself and Jose go, is that the club finally rid of everything to do with Fat Sam?

Smith *shudder*

Ah shit aye. I just pretend he doesn't exist and if I see him assume it's an optical illusion or something.

---

That kids face is lost on me like.

It's a game of both sides playing hard ball, and I reckon the club will win. Just like they did with regards to Taylor's contract and like they did with HBA's transfer.

His agent will tot off, scout around for interest, realise Barton isn't getting a dream move to Arsenal/Man U/Chelsea/Everton/Wolves for 60k a week and he'll come back and sign the deal. Job done.

It's a game of both sides playing hard ball, and I reckon the club will win. Just like they did with regards to Taylor's contract and like they did with HBA's transfer.

His agent will tot off, scout around for interest, realise Barton isn't getting a dream move to Arsenal/Man U/Chelsea/Everton/Wolves for 60k a week and he'll come back and sign the deal. Job done.

I agree. FWIW I think the fact that the club has stood firm will increase the chances of both Nolan and Barton staying. Neither are likely to play for a club of this stature if they move and if Nolan realises that there isn't going to be any leverage via Barton's deal being tied in to his own, there's more likely to be a compromise.

People seem to forget that JB's agent is Mckay, he's an old hand at this shite. People are anxious to see if the club are going to spend the Carroll money so he's come out early doors and has said this stuff about him not being offered the contract he wants, before we see if they spend the money. This gives people a chance to bash Ashley and the club and is an attempt pressurise them to renew on his terms. I'm not panicking just yet, I still think he'll renew.

Guest thenorthumbrian

I agree. FWIW I think the fact that the club has stood firm will increase the chances of both Nolan and Barton staying. Neither are likely to play for a club of this stature if they move and if Nolan realises that there isn't going to be any leverage via Barton's deal being tied in to his own, there's more likely to be a compromise.

I am not sure what the stature of Newcastle United is these days.

We have a good stadium and large support but it takes more than that to produce a top club. as we all know.

So far we have lost Carroll and Enrique and Barton look like they could soon follow.

And I have no faith in the FCB and Partridge to replace our better players, if they do go, with replacements

who are at least as good if not better.

I am not sure what the stature of Newcastle United is these days.

We have a good stadium and large support but it takes more than that to produce a top club. as we all know.

So far we have lost Carroll and Enrique and Barton look like they could soon follow.

And I have no faith in the FCB and Partridge to replace our better players, if they do go, with replacements

who are at least as good if not better.

We lost Carroll and will probably lose Enrique because they are good enough to attract attention from the top clubs. Now we might not be able to compete with Liverpool for players but the sort of clubs which will be interested in Barton and Nolan will be a step down IMO.

People seem to forget that JB's agent is Mckay, he's an old hand at this shite. People are anxious to see if the club are going to spend the Carroll money so he's come out early doors and has said this stuff about him not being offered the contract he wants, before we see if they spend the money. This gives people a chance to bash Ashley and the club and is an attempt pressurise them to renew on his terms. I'm not panicking just yet, I still think he'll renew.

:thup:

Guest Stephen927

Eh whats the thread title all about, his agent is off next summer? Lucky bastard, he going abroad?

Exepct Willie McKay, I think the problem is that two worlds is colliding, so to speak.

Barton signed his contract pre Ashley and it´s obvious the wages he, Smith and Colo etc are way over that limit. New players wont get that kined of money. If they want more we want get them. This is the main problem. Expect the idiot agent Wille McKay.

Just for your information, he didn't come pre-Ashley. Ashley's responsible for his contract, as well as Smith's and Colo's.

Why did he go around Shepherd's house and thank him for showing faith in him by signing him then?

‎5 - No player assisted more goals (5) or created more goalscoring chances (41) from set pieces in the PL in 2010/11 than Joey Barton. Bibs.

How many goals assists since Carroll left?

‎5 - No player assisted more goals (5) or created more goalscoring chances (41) from set pieces in the PL in 2010/11 than Joey Barton. Bibs.

doesnt say, did he take the corners for the Taylor goals?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

doesnt say, did he take the corners for the Taylor goals?

Raylor.

Barton's a good player but he's not someone we couldn't replace, he looked better in the first half of the season when his floated high balls were being met by Carroll's head but since he's gone his crosses have looked weaker, so to me I think Carroll's outstanding ability in the air often made Barton's balls better than what they were.

His passing ability is of a really high standard and he does run himself into the ground for the team, however someone like N'Zogbia would be quite a big step up in quality.

Guest Thump 1892

At the end of the day, we can only speculate as we don't know the actual details of what Barton is demanding, and what the club are willing to offer him.

So we can't really lay any blame towards anybody until we actually know what's been going on.

I wouldn't be surprised if his agent is doing this to try and force the club's hand.

Although I do expect to see something in the press from Llambias the mysterious club insider in the next few days, saying Barton has made obscene demands.

On that last point, I expect you're right but it's already started - journalists already tweeting 'a source' who says he's turning down a very lucrative deal... the implication being it's not enough for richie rich.

Call me insane, but I'm still more likely to believe a 'club source'/journo talk than I am that of a sleezeball like Willie Mc-c***.

This.

Honestly, McKay is your stereotypical football agent - cares more about his own pocket than the lad he's representing.

I'm not reading too much into it, especially not when we've single handedly kept his career afloat in the past couple of years.  I hate to say it but he owes us and he knows it.

Fucking hell. I guess this means he will be sold this summer then? Ridiculous man.

He'll either sign or be sold. The stuff about staying on no matter what is patently bollocks.

the club has stuck with him through some fair shite and us fans have championed him whilst the rest of english football (it would seem) and press have villianised and taunted him (rightfully so). I dont think he's desperate to get out of newcastle for that reason alone