Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Nice post. I for one never thought that Barton would turn his life around, but he seems to be well on the way to doing it. Massive respect to him for making such a change.

He didn't have a good game against Villa, but he's been playing great football this season.

Poor week, granted, but all those questioning his attitude, ability to captain the side etc need to go sit down and rewatch the second half of the Arsenal game. Some people have short/selective memories it would seem.

Precisely. Barton has an incredible season.

Poor week, granted, but all those questioning his attitude, ability to captain the side etc need to go sit down and rewatch the second half of the Arsenal game. Some people have short/selective memories it would seem.

good to very good, not incredible.

By his standards, since he's been with us, it's been an incredible season for him.

He's been arguably our best, and most consistent player.

By his standards, since he's been with us, it's been an incredible season for him.

i'd put tiote and colo in that mix aswell.

should we say leon best (using the same criteria of by his standards) has been incredible since new year ?

Guest toonlass

should we say leon best (using the same criteria of by his standards) has been incredible since new year ?

I think we would have been relegation certainties without Nolan, Barton and Tiote.

I think we would have been relegation certainties without Nolan, Barton and Tiote.

and colo.

Guest toonlass

and colo.

And Enrique.

TBH those 5 have been a massive boost to our team.

and colo.

And Enrique.

I think we would definitely have gone down without any football players. 

and colo.

And Enrique.

wimbledon survived long enough.

Guest toonlass

and colo.

And Enrique.

:lol:

and colo.

And Enrique.

:lol:

Sounded like he was getting into Rooney quite well at the end there.

5 Live talked some nonsense (or is it?) about his not really being used properly on the right.

He was good out there. It's just that his play on the right is limited now we have absolute shite up front.

Real battle between him and Rooney at times, good to see them both very controlled with any aggression.

5 Live talked some nonsense (or is it?) about his not really being used properly on the right.

He was good out there. It's just that his play on the right is limited now we have absolute shite up front.

Real battle between him and Rooney at times, good to see them both very controlled with any aggression.

Hmm, it's not like I'm even decided on whether he's better RW or CM, but the team seems to work better with him on the right.

Hmm, it's not like I'm even decided on whether he's better RW or CM, but the team seems to work better with him on the right.

He's much more effective at RM.