Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

The only reason he's 1/5 on SkyBet is because the whole of RAWK has just put money onto it on the basis of 1 ITK.

Where did they get money from?  :shifty:

Scandinavians got shitloads of money.

Guest bimpy474

I was just ponting out the cup as a game he didn't play in which we won, i wasn't disagreeing with you , he is indeed far more important than given credit for, in a 3 man midfield, Tiote holding, Cabaye creating, he can bomb forward he will be a real threat and vital for us........ :snod:

Well Nolan bombing forward sounds nice in theory. In reality he's only usually in the penalty area at set pieces where he has time to get into position while the ball is dead.

True but if we are playing a different style, no Carroll means he doesn't have to be in and around him for the knockdowns, if we playing quick passing counter attacking football, he might get the licence to drift about, i've watched him for years and he is very good at finding space in and around the box.

I was just ponting out the cup as a game he didn't play in which we won, i wasn't disagreeing with you , he is indeed far more important than given credit for, in a 3 man midfield, Tiote holding, Cabaye creating, he can bomb forward he will be a real threat and vital for us........ :snod:

Well Nolan bombing forward sounds nice in theory. In reality he's only usually in the penalty area at set pieces where he has time to get into position while the ball is dead.

True but if we are playing a different style, no Carroll means he doesn't have to be in and around him for the knockdowns, if we playing quick passing counter attacking football, he might get the licence to drift about, i've watched him for years and he is very good at finding space in and around the box.

to play quick passing counter attack football firstly requires you to be quick in order to be able to hit on the counter. I can't recall a single goal where Nolan has raced even 10 yards never mind half the length of the pitch to score a goal.

Guest bimpy474

to play quick passing counter attack football firstly requires you to be quick in order to be able to hit on the counter. I can't recall a single goal where Nolan has raced even 10 yards never mind half the length of the pitch to score a goal.

Your putting it too simplistically if you dont mind me saying, not all the players in a team have to be speed merchants to play quick counter attacking football, Frank Lampard is not quick at all, but he pops up in and around the box because of timing, and Nolan has had that all his career, not as good as Lampard but still good, Bryan Robson was never fast but always had brilliant timing for goals, Nolan wouldn't have scored as many goals as he has if you didn't have knack of being in the right place at the right time.

Guest bimpy474

Lampard is very fit, quicker than most think and has better technique.

Agreed ;), quite underated by oppositions fans too, England thing i think clouds things for him with other fans.

I just think Nolan for all his faults in the right system and players around him will score 15 goals or so next season, i know he got 12 this season but as someone else pointed out, quite a few tap ins/close range shots after set-pieces/knockdowns but again that just shows he knows where to get himself and thats a fantastic assest to have.

If we play the way i think we will (4-3-3) as the more offensive of the 3 central midfielders, i just think it'll suit him perfectly, i know this isn't the best comparison but Cahill at Everton doesn't contribute to much in general play but he also just has that knack, headers from set-pieces aside, Cahill gets on the end things with clever runs and timing.

Agreed ;), quite underated by oppositions fans too, England thing i think clouds things for him with other fans.

I just think Nolan for all his faults in the right system and players around him will score 15 goals or so next season, i know he got 12 this season but as someone else pointed out, quite a few tap ins/close range shots after set-pieces/knockdowns but again that just shows he knows where to get himself and thats a fantastic assest to have.

If we play the way i think we will (4-3-3) as the more offensive of the 3 central midfielders, i just think it'll suit him perfectly, i know this isn't the best comparison but Cahill at Everton doesn't contribute to much in general play but he also just has that knack, headers from set-pieces aside, Cahill gets on the end things with clever runs and timing.

Whilst I'd not like to comment on what Cahill contributes to genral play, I can at least hazard a guess at saying he has the engine to get back and "busy" amongst the opposiiton midfield.

The best comparison I can make is asking you who you'd prefer Michael Owen up front or Bellamy?! Im sure most people will say Bellamy on a pure footballing basis due to his contibution to the whole dynamic of the team, whereas Owen has the same "knack" of being in the right place at the right time but contributing very little.

Guest bimpy474

Owen lost that knack years ago. He's not fit to kiss Bellamy's arse.

Very true yet one was winning the league and the other playing in the championship, hardly fair was it, Owen really is one jammy git...hope enjoys it in the MLS, thats where i bet he ends up, if ever a player was living on past glories.

Can I be bothered to disagree?! (About Owen not having the knack)

I'm sure he has a 1 in 3 ratio at Man Utd, which includes something like 33 sub appearences. He also had close to 1 in 2 and Newcastle United.

Basically what I'm saying is that Owen is nothing but "knack," he is also not fot to kiss Bellamys arse, which is kind of the point i was trying to make about Nolan.

We've offered a player who will be 29 years old at the start of the season, and who has had 1 good season for us since 2007, £50k p/w for 2 years (which is effectively 3 - he'll be 32 when his contract expires).

Add to this the fact that he was in jail whilst he played for us, where we still had to pay him his £65k p/w. We stuck by him, we helped him turn his life around and he repays us by telling us to fuck off?

That's fine Joey, it's up to you. But you aren't that great buddy, and we can replace you.

No player is bigger than the club, and cuntish footballers have been getting their way for far too long. About time they didn't get what they want, boohoo, they're only going to give me, a jail bird, £2.5m a year.

I'm sure he has a 1 in 3 ratio at Man Utd, which includes something like 33 sub appearences. He also had close to 1 in 2 and Newcastle United.

Basically what I'm saying is that Owen is nothing but "knack," he is also not fot to kiss Bellamys arse, which is kind of the point i was trying to make about Nolan.

Owen hasn't scored in a league start at Man U since he joined that putrid cancer of a club. If you want to be swayed by goals against Barnsley and that hattrick against a Wolfsburg side that for some reason forgot to play a defence, fine. Up to you.

Owen hasn't scored in a league start at Man U since he joined that putrid cancer of a club. If you want to be swayed by goals against Barnsley and that hattrick against a Wolfsburg side that for some reason forgot to play a defence, fine. Up to you.

How did he score these magic goals then?!

:mystery:

I think you're missing the point. Lampard is fast enough and has a good engine same as Cahill. Nolan is a fat slob who needs time to get in position at either end of the pitch. "Engine" is the key phrase here.

Guest bimpy474

I think you're missing the point. Lampard is fast enough and has a good engine same as Cahill. Nolan is a fat slob who needs time to get in position at either end of the pitch. "Engine" is the key phrase here.

Not quite, i'm a fat slob, compared to me he looks like a man made from bamboo........ ;D

Call it my spidey senses but you arent exactly enamored by super slim Kev........ :iamatwat:

Guest bimpy474

Is there anything that hasn't been discussed in this thread? :lol:

the state of the global economy?

FUBAR ?

They seem absolutely positive on RAWK that a fee has been agreed like.

wouldnt be surprised at all, they'll be trying to get the best out of carroll and think that copying what we did this season may go some way towards it. joey may be an everton fan but he's not exactly a conventional person is he.