Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Is he going to be as effective though in a pacy side?

Of course. Just because we want to play with pace doesn't mean all 6 attackers need to be fast as fuck. It's not as if he's he cannot run either. Him sitting back dictating the play and starting things off could work wonders IMO.

People seem to forget that there were plenty of times Barton was our best player irrespective of the assists stats etc. If one of the new players proves to be better then fine but as things stand he's still a starter IMO.

I agree, but what if we play a different formation or something? Barton is exclusively right midfield these days.

Edit: Mind, I would like to see how he'd do in a 3 man midfield.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Of course. Just because we want to play with pace doesn't mean all 6 attackers need to be fast as fuck. It's not as if he's he cannot run either. Him sitting back dictating the play and starting things off could work wonders IMO.

That's what Cabaye is for.

People seem to forget that there were plenty of times Barton was our best player irrespective of the assists stats etc. If one of the new players proves to be better then fine but as things stand he's still a starter IMO.

I agree, but what if we play a different formation or something? Barton is exclusively right midfield these days.

Edit: Mind, I would like to see how he'd do in a 3 man midfield.

I hate to use this term in respect to proper football, but he could definitely do a job in a midfield three in a sort of quarterbackish role.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's completely ostracised if he's got his heart set on a Bosman in a years time. Training with the kids, not given  a number etc to let him 'know who's boss'. No-one's irreplaceable and no-one's safe. Least of all him, who's having little sly digs here and there at the blokes running the gaff.

Hope it doesn't happen but can't help but feel he'll be a little scouse pariah in the dressingroom.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's completely ostracised if he's got his heart set on a Bosman in a years time. Training with the kids, not given  a number etc to let him 'know who's boss'. No-one's irreplaceable and no-one's safe. Least of all him, who's having little sly digs here and there at the blokes running the gaff.

Hope it doesn't happen but can't help but feel he'll be a little scouse pariah in the dressingroom.

I don't think he will be completely took the p*ss out of, but I could see Mike requesting that he is not started for the first few games in August, in an attempt to coax him into handing in a transfer request before the window shuts.

If he doesn't leave this summer (big if) i've got a feeling he might end up staying. If he performs like he did last season again then surely they will look at it and see what a hard task they would have replacing him.

Why wouldn't he?

I just can't see him playing in the middle, and on the right he'll just slow us right down. Teams will just double up on whoever's down the left knowing that he's not going to hurt them, and with the midfield three it looks like we're aiming for then Cabaye will have the role of setting up attacks, picking out a pass, etc.

From his tweets it seems pretty clear that he values the old guard above the new arrivals. Joey would be an asset next season if he was prepared to be part of the new look Newcastle but he doesn't seem too sold on the club's view of the way forward which could be a problem. 

Guest geordienorway

As things stand I can see him playing in the middle if we go with a 3 man midfield, not sure if he'd start on the right over Marveaux.

You think Marveux can play in a midfield three? I'd imagine a place in the front three would be more appropiate considering his apparent lack of defensive qualities. A 4-3-3 requires more dynamic midfielders who aren't afraid of putting in a shift when the opposition is attacking. If Matuidi comes in then great, but I'd be comfortable playing Jonas on the left of that three as well.

As things stand I can see him playing in the middle if we go with a 3 man midfield, not sure if he'd start on the right over Marveaux.

You think Marveux can play in a midfield three? I'd imagine a place in the front three would be more appropiate considering his apparent lack of defensive qualities. A 4-3-3 requires more dynamic midfielders who aren't afraid of putting in a shift when the opposition is attacking. If Matuidi comes in then great, but I'd be comfortable playing Jonas on the left of that three as well.

I meant on the right of a 4-4-2, I'll edit it.

From his tweets it seems pretty clear that he values the old guard above the new arrivals. Joey would be an asset next season if he was prepared to be part of the new look Newcastle but he doesn't seem too sold on the club's view of the way forward which could be a problem. 

???

Examples?

???

Examples?

Yes, please. What a load of shit.

Joey's always been outspoken.  Nothing new about that. It may seem pretty clear to you. What is important is what what he says to the manager and the other players old and new.

???

Examples?

Try re-reading the threads on here, or the twitter threads. Or the newspapers for that matter. WTF?

He's stated publicly, several times how he wants to stay here. He's even been prepared to take a pay cut to do so.

Dont really like the idea of going to the Stadium of Light with only Colo and Jonas over the age of 27 (asuming we don't sell them as well) and a load of new french signings still finding their feet. 

Really hope Bartons still here and somewhere in the middle of the park for that game.

Although the same applies for the whole season really - Looking at the experience in the squad, I'd definitely make sure he was in the 1st 11 more often than not

???

Examples?

Try re-reading the threads on here, or the twitter threads. Or the newspapers for that matter. WTF?

I have him on my Twitter and have seen all of his updates. Some examples of what you allege please.

He's stated publicly, several times how he wants to stay here. He's even been prepared to take a pay cut to do so.

So you agree with what I said there? Cool.

???

Examples?

I have him on my Twitter and have seen all of his updates. Some examples of what you allege please.

He didn't seem too pleased when we signed Cabaye to be fair.

???

Examples?

Which part of what I have alleged do you want clarification on Your Honour?