Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Stephen927

The thing with Barton is, he's always spoken well in the papers, he's an intelligent lad. It was just the other day I was thinking he had turned the corner.

so tom huddlestone stamps on player at the weekend, fa overlook it, barton does something fa charge, its not that he doesn't deserve it but christ some consistency from the fa would be great

That's always the way with the FA

He deserves to be charged, this will do us harm.. Hughton wanting a contract and its tough enough without having  to prove he can control him.

We get enough bad press, him doing this kind of shit is the very last thing we need, he has found form BUT I would not be gutted to see him go IF he was replaced and not by some Championship shite.

If Gosling can show and fore fill his potential then bye bye Joey for me.

Hear hear. Surely there are average prem midfielders out there who won't be in danger of missing half the season through their own stupidity. There's a four page thread slating Cattermole for being a dick but Barton's no different, so there's no point defending him.

Guest Ridzuan

I dont know what to think of the guy after the incident. I thought he has really changed for good! He has been absolutely brilliant for us this season, so to do something like what he did was unacceptable, whatever his justification is. It was a stupid act & he was really fortunate to get away with it. But if the reports about the FA reviewing the footage is true, which might result in some sort of punishment for him, then I think it is unfair. The match is over. The referee didnt spot it, so why is there a need to review it?

they have announced they are charging him

OK, just got that info. If Barton is a smart, and I hope he is, he will plead guilty and accept the 3 match ban. Hopefully well get a proper right winger in January so that we can offload him. Honestly, I had enough of him already. We have given him too many chance already but it seems that he is still the same Joey Barton. If Chris Hughton came out and defend him, then I dont know what to say.

To say we should sell Barton for something like this is mental TBH.

It was an incident of average significance at best, I would say it was fairly minor. He will be punished by the FA (which is right, although I wish they would punish all the other violence in the game as well) and accept that.

I don't think it has much significance beyond that. I certainly don't think it means Barton is reverting to his old ways or anything like that.

Barton has until 6pm on Friday 12 November to reply to the charge and under The FA’s fast-track regulations may admit the charge and accept a standard three-match suspension.

He deserves to be charged, this will do us harm.. Hughton wanting a contract and its tough enough without having  to prove he can control him.

We get enough bad press, him doing this kind of s*** is the very last thing we need, he has found form BUT I would not be gutted to see him go IF he was replaced and not by some Championship s****.

Hear hear. Surely there are average prem midfielders out there who won't be in danger of missing half the season through their own stupidity. There's a four page thread slating Cattermole for being a dick but Barton's no different, so there's no point defending him.

silly comparison, how man on field incidents has barton been involved in? how many red cards has he had, legs has he broke... etc etc

It was an incident of average significance at best, I would say it was fairly minor. He will be punished by the FA (which is right, although I wish they would punish all the other violence in the game as well) and accept that.

I don't think it has much significance beyond that. I certainly don't think it means Barton is reverting to his old ways or anything like that.

most sensible post i've seen on this thread to be honest.

Fantasy Football. Going have to drop him, will he lose his game week points do you think?

Also, the FA are shite, Barton should have been punished but so should Huddlestone for a blatant stamp, double stands and hypocrisy. Mad.

We get enough bad press, him doing this kind of s*** is the very last thing we need, he has found form BUT I would not be gutted to see him go IF he was replaced and not by some Championship s****.

silly comparison, how man on field incidents has barton been involved in? how many red cards has he had, legs has he broke... etc etc

On or off the park it doesn't matter where it happens. Incidents like this will cost us. He was banned for 12 games and jailed for battering a teammate which is a bit more serious than a red card.

On or off the park it doesn't matter where it happens. Incidents like this will cost us. He was banned for 12 games and jailed for battering a teammate which is a bit more serious than a red card.

but his off-field problems appear to have been sorted, and they were his biggest downfall, he's tee-total and apparantly been in no bother at all for about 2-3 year.

his problems were allways off the field as he has never been 'rightly' known as a dirty player on it. We have to expect the odd red card or moment of madness though, as we have to with all players, especialy our more 'passionate' ones.

Pretty much agree with that. I'm pissed off with Barton for getting what looks like an inevitable ban when he's been playing well and creating goals.

He's obviously got previous but most of it is off the pitch. I don't think by any means that he's an angel on the pitch but imo he's not a  dirty player who is always looking to put one across an opposing player (and there are plenty of those). Although he's clearly in the wrong he's not even come close to decking Pedersen in this incident. He should get something for it and probably will. Footballers are highly competitive animals and it can and does spill over in the heat of a match - even the sainted Shearer had his dark moments.

Sell the one player who seem to find Carroll with his eyelids shut? smart

He hasn't made him self the flashiest players this season but he sure is one of our best out there at times.

He hit a t*** that deserved it, f*** the FA, i`m ridin with you Barton.

Barton to Carroll seems to be what Geremi was to Owen under Keegan.