Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest neesy111

Enrique said worse, wasnt transfer listed. Simple as.

They want his wages gone. At best theyre majorly fucking with the teams morale & signing another player unproven in the prem for one who already is.

That best is not very good.

:kinnear:

Guest bimpy474

Adrian Durham talking sense, wow.

Wot's ee sayin'?

I dont believe what i'm hearing, Barton didn't like the fact he wasn't allowed to take free kicks and set pieces agaisnt Leeds and thats what set him off Sunday.

did he really say that?!

Yes.

I didn't hear the part at the end.

Durham said the bit about the set pieces, Mckay said its about passion in his reply, there talking about the set-pieces now on talksport, someone texted that Cabaye were better.

How much have you seen of Cabaye?

Enough to know he can already take better free kicks, better corners and pass the ball better than Barton.

I'm laughing at this. No-one knows yet how Cabaye is going to do, as the lads is unproven. I'll say not (and feel safe in saying it) that as good as he could be, he won't replace Nolan's goal threat. As for Ben Arfa, he hasn't played 5 games for us yet so he needs a run too to see if he can adapt to the PL. And again, the squad is currently weaker than the one that started last season. Why can't some people see the bigger picture rather than focusing their ire on Barton?

Why can't some people focus on the positive aspects instead of always jumping on the negatives? Don't get me wrong, I think the board are doing a terrible job and have done ever since they took over, but I don't think our transfer activity has been too bad so far this summer, as long as we haven't seen the last of the new players to join us.

thanks for putting it simply but having '3 players instead of 2 and therefore we'll be better' is a little bit too simple dont you think?

Again, that's not quite the whole argument of mine there is it?

Stéphane Guivarc'h won the world cup, was top goal scorer in france two years running and also top goal scorer in the UEFA cup, what's your point ?

Some players do well over here, some don't. What's your point? Maybe the problem here is people thinking negatively, instead of thinking 'maybe he'll be great, the signs so far are promising...'

It seems far easier for some to pin their hopes on Cabaye, while forgetting the key contributions made by others last season. He's using twitter, hang him! I'd sooner see the three at the top swinging

What's wrong with feeling hopeful about the new season? The fact he is using Twitter doesn't bother me, but he needs to think about the consequences if he is going to. I'm more concerned with his genuine ability. He certainly isn't the player he tells French football magazines he is.

what's the whole argument?

As a whole Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Marveuax will be 'better' than Nolan and Barton?

one is coming back from a career threatening injury, two have never played in the uk, one has a horrendous injury record and they've got what? 5 premiership games between them?

They want his wages gone. At best theyre majorly f***ing with the teams morale & signing another player unproven in the prem for one who already is.

Thought he did ok tbh

On issue, the entirety of our creative/goalscoring force has been moved on since January. Replaced with players that have never played in the Premiership, who may take time to adapt if at all, and one who didn't speak more than 5 words of English before signing.

Relegationometer ->>>

If I was a club signing Barton, it would definitely be on the condition that he stops using Twitter.

Why? There won't be any trouble if the owner of his new club is a bit better than Mike Ashley.

Barton would never go to Man Utd as he knows he wouldn't get near the first team and, unlike Owen, isn't a despicable cunt who would just be happy to sit on the bench collecting his money.

Not that I'd think they'd go for him.

I'd be stunned/disgusted if he went to a top 4 team and we didn't get a fee

Same, I would hope that if a decent club came in we would milk them for some money. Doubt Ashley would be keen to give a rival a major asset for nothing. Not that his decisions are always logical like.

Guest bimpy474

If I was a club signing Barton, it would definitely be on the condition that he stops using Twitter.

Why? There won't be any trouble if the owner of his new club is a bit better than Mike Ashley.

Owners at Man City were ok yet he caused all kinds of trouble.

True, as long as you can guarantee to keep Joey perfectly happy at all times there'll be no trouble from him at all.

???

Also keep him away from cigars and make him train in isolation.

Guest neesy111

His ego will need filling, so he'll go in a tantrum at some point.  Maybe poke a cigar in someones eye perhaps?

They want his wages gone. At best theyre majorly f***ing with the teams morale & signing another player unproven in the prem for one who already is.

:kinnear:

How are you in any position to use :kinnear: when all you ever seem to do is swear at footballers on twitter for no apparent reason.

If there was ever a smiley that would entirely sum up your internet escapades it would be :kinnear: that man.

what's the whole argument?

As a whole Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Marveuax will be 'better' than Nolan and Barton?

one is coming back from a career threatening injury, two have never played in the uk, one has a horrendous injury record and they've got what? 5 premiership games between them?

Which one has the horrendous injury record?

Huge over reactions on here.

Barnetta is far more pacy and tricky anyway.

Scraping the barrell here like arent we? Theres not gurantee's we'll sign Barnetta and even so, Barnetta simply isnt as good as Barton, nor will he such an integral part of the team as Barton is/was.

No employers keep all their employees happy all the time though. You know you have to handle him with kid gloves or walk in the next morning to reports of him tweeting about how "all the #helmets up top are ruining this proud and great football club with it's long history #NYredbulls"