Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

If it's true he wouldn't sign unless he got a 4 year deal then we did the right thing in withdrawing the 3 year contract IMO. Him and Nolan tried to use each other as leverage for big money and now are on a wrecking mission because their bluff was called. It's footballs equivalent of a scorched earth policy.

To say Barton is isnt a good footballer is just stupid. He was one of our best performers last season, and has been for some years one of our most talented footballers in the squad. People are moaning about players not saying what they want etc(see M.Owen), but when players do rant like joey does you want him to keep his mouth shut. I dont know what happend behind the closed doors, but it seems like something has really upset him, Enrique, Ranger, and Nolan(Keegan before).

Why cant Mike Ashley just sell our club to some filty rich arabs...

Fair play to him if he ends up North London.

Fair's probably not the best term for it. If he wanted to go there he could just as easily have handed in a transfer request rather than opening a twitter account to spread s**** and lower the fee for the club that's tapping him up.

Care to explain why, if he was so desperate to go as is claimed, there was any need for the Twitter bollocks (or a transfer request), when the club were trying to sell him anyway?

I've asked this about 10 times in this thread and still not had a decent answer.

If we were so eager to sell, why we letting him go for free?

Barton has made it clear he would not be sold at any price.  He wanted to see out his contract or go for nothing.  I believe it was a matter of principal following the manner of Carroll's departure, whereby the pushed him into the corner of a transfer request (which I think he was a t*** for submitting).

The club therefore had a player who they would be forced to spend another £3m in wages on and who guaranteed a zero return.  As with EVERY decision made at the club, this one was made to save money.  Ashley's view is £3m is worth more than 30 odd appearances over the season from JB.

I've heard the argument that 'if he wanted to go where's the transfer request' thing, yet by the same token if we were so desperate to get rid, why didn't we transfer list him? I'm sure some club would have spent £2-3m on him now.

If it's true he wouldn't sign unless he got a 4 year deal then we did the right thing in withdrawing the 3 year contract IMO. Him and Nolan tried to use each other as leverage for big money and now are on a wrecking mission because their bluff was called. It's footballs equivalent of a scorched earth policy.

Don't know how people can ignore the players' part in this whole thing.

If your club offers you a deal you aren't happy with, fair enough, look for another club who'll give you what you want. But why be a twat about it in the media?

Fair play to him if he ends up North London.

Fair's probably not the best term for it. If he wanted to go there he could just as easily have handed in a transfer request rather than opening a twitter account to spread s**** and lower the fee for the club that's tapping him up.

Care to explain why, if he was so desperate to go as is claimed, there was any need for the Twitter bollocks (or a transfer request), when the club were trying to sell him anyway?

I've asked this about 10 times in this thread and still not had a decent answer.

If we were so eager to sell, why we letting him go for free?

Barton has made it clear he would not be sold at any price.  He wanted to see out his contract or go for nothing.  I believe it was a matter of principal following the manner of Carroll's departure, whereby the pushed him into the corner of a transfer request (which I think he was a t*** for submitting).

The club therefore had a player who they would be forced to spend another £3m in wages on and who guaranteed a zero return.  As with EVERY decision made at the club, this one was made to save money.  Ashley's view is £3m is worth more than 30 odd appearances over the season from JB.

I've heard the argument that 'if he wanted to go where's the transfer request' thing, yet by the same token if we were so desperate to get rid, why didn't we transfer list him? I'm sure some club would have spent £2-3m on him now.

Do clubs really need to see somebody on a "transfer list" (has a transfer list ever existed? What form does it take?) to know they're available from NUFC? :lol:

They're all available, all the time.

Don't know how people can ignore the players' part in this whole thing.

If your club offers you a deal you aren't happy with, fair enough, look for another club who'll give you what you want. But why be a twat about it in the media?

Perhaps because the club have fucked him about.

Perhaps because they lied.

Perhaps because they're complete cunts.

Wherever he goes, he'll get a great reception from NUFC fans next season. 100% guaranteed.

Whoever gets him, will get him at the best he's been for 4 years.

Someone's getting a bargain here.................if they can afford the agents fees!

Optimistic: I'm not sure a club would spend 2-3 mill on Barton after his twitter antics..He comes with a lot of baggage. Now we save money on wages, which could be used on financing the wages of Barton's replacement..Besides, we need a different kind of rm if we want the best out of BA..Barton drifts too much inside.

Guest BooBoo

Barton was excellent for the majority of last season and to say otherwise is just based upon a simple and silly dislike of him as a person.

Yes he was very underwhelming up until the start of 10/11 but he was a top performing player.

Optimistic: I'm not sure a club would spend 2-3 mill on Barton after his twitter antics..He comes with a lot of baggage. Now we save money on wages, which could be used on financing the wages of Barton's replacement..Besides, we need a different kind of rm if we want the best out of BA..Barton drifts too much inside.

Can I have a shot of whatever you've been injecting?

That's alreet then.

Guest VegasToon

Wherever he goes, he'll get a great reception from NUFC fans next season. 100% guaranteed.

Someone's getting a bargain here.................if they can afford the agents fees!

Not 100% sure of that.  I don't like what he is doing on twitter.  He is really making himself out to be an asshole.  He was looking for a free transfer and now he got it.

Not 100% sure of that.  I don't like what he is doing on twitter.  He is really making himself out to be an asshole.  He was looking for a free transfer and now he got it.

Care to have a wager on his reception?

As much as you like he'll get a belter.

Do you know what, as well as he played last season and as good as he is and as much as this team needs a player of his ability in, the way I look at his departure is this: One less cretin associated with my club. I'm sick and tired of the modern footballer and the modern game, you can keep the lot of it as far as I'm concerned. Looking at our squad there are a few players I admire ability wise but as people, to me they are all absolute parasites in one form or another who were any to leave like Barton, I just wouldn't care. As for the complete and utter fuck ups running our club and the puppet 'manager', they too can go and fuck themselves. Me, I car about that badge that reads Newcastle United and what it stands for and that only. Good riddance Barton. Ashley, Llambiase and Pardew your departures will come. As for the likes of Jose you too can fuck off. Mind, I wouldn't blame any player for wanting out. But please be fucking man about it, be honest, be genuine, cut the bull and politics. That's what pisses me off the hullabaloo of it all.

It's all well and good claiming the moral high ground in all of this but, unfortunately, morality and modern day football do not sit well together. It's also rather naive, unless you're advocating NUFC don't try to compete in the soiled and grubby multi million pound world of modern football, and are prepared to see us slide down the leagues. If that's the case you'd be better off supporting Gateshead or Blyth Spartans where the Corinthian spirit that you seem to hanker for still exists.

Ashley is showing once again that he is quite prepared to burn millions of pounds because he is incapable of effective man management, and/or unable or unwilling to employ people to run the club who are effective man managers.

We are, once again, the laughing stock of the football world.