Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

If Jose Enrique leaves, it will be because he has been so exceptional, that better clubs have made thier interest known, and are willing to pay him a decent amount more than Newcastle are.

As simple as that. It happens in football.

It's not as simple as that, Enrique seems to have more ambition then the club.

Guest cr4igora

...But the decision to finally transfer list Barton is understood to have been factored by the following:

The refusal to shake the manager’s hand after being told he hadn’t been appointed captain at Leeds.

The potential to be a bad influence on younger players in the dressing room, with several of the squad still under 21.

The impression created on United’s new signings and future signings of the club, some of which could be in place soon.

A rant during the warm-up at Leeds, at half-time and at full-time following the 3-2 defeat.

Barton’s dismay over the decision to allow new boy Yohan Cabaye take all of the corners and free-kicks during the game against Leeds.

And finally the straw that broke the camel’s back with his remarks on Twitter, which caused unrest for the second weekend running within United ranks.

Pretty much everything I've been arguing then! Thanks Skirge and the Chronicle  :)

It's happening again... supporters are doing it again... We are ignoring how it got to this point and replacing it with a negative agenda spin on the individual.

These people believe what we do about the club, they make their demands and try and force the change the club needs. It doesn't happen, they cause a storm and leave, we turn it into a greed based thing.

It is like they cannot win with supporters, we don't want them to care and have an opinion we want them to shut up and suffer. Look at Shay Given, he left because Ashley decided to stay, Ashley had lied to him, promised spending and signings to take the club forward as he promised the fans, they didn't so Shay wanted away. Supporters turned that into f*** him, greedy b****** who is traitor.

They fight for what this club should have. Of course there will be an element of looking after themselves, this is their occupation and career.

Jose Enrique is now going to leave because the people he loved were sacked/sold and the club aren't spending any money to go anywhere. Supporters will come out and say bye then, f*** you, s*** body language, didn't care. Ignoring the reasons why he didn't care!

We are constantly being shafted and all that happens is we have a quick moan then turn a blind eye and get on with things.

If Jose Enrique leaves, it will be because he has been so exceptional, that better clubs have made thier interest known, and are willing to pay him a decent amount more than Newcastle are.

Not at all. Enrique has shown plenty of signs that he would stay if the club had ambition and hadn't flogged Hughton, Carroll, Nolan and now Barton.

What signs? Come on now. Lets be realistic.

He has become good enough for a top club, and his contract is running out. That's the most important factor IMO.

Mick,

Get the legal papers drafted and fax them straight to Thompson House. Publishing such a bunch of blatant lies must be grounds for a lawsuit!

No, you can claim they confirm everything you've said.

Can you guarantee we won't be getting any more players?

This seems to be the root of a lot of anger on here, but ultimately there is a month of the window to run, and the fact is the majority of clubs have done nothing this window, because things haven'treally kicked off yet.

I just don't see the point of getting so wound up over signings at this stage. There's no denying we've done pretty well so far in terms of new players.

Let's see what happens.

The majority of Premiership clubs have bought players in, I would say that we are somewhere in the middle of the clubs who have and haven't.  Also, we'll only know if we've done well when players start producing on the pitch.

Sunderland 10

Norwich          7

Fulham          5

Bolton          4

Liverpool          4

Newcastle          4

Chelsea          3

Man City          3

Man Utd          3

QPR                  3

Swansea          3

West Brom  3

Wolves          3

Arsenal          2

Aston Villa          2

Blackburn          2

Stoke          2

Tottenham  1

Wigan          1

Everton          0

* Great formatting there btw.  :frantic:

Or that he's clearly unhappy and won't sign another contract with us, so teams know he's available and won't cost very much.

Bad influence on younger squad members? hmmm such as Ranger no doubt.. yet on here with Rangers tweets we thought he had came to realise he was wasting his career and we put that down to Joey.

He has become good enough for a top club, and his contract is running out. That's the most important factor IMO.

I don't disagree with you, I just think he'd rather stay if he thought he could achieve what he wanted to here.

This seems to be the root of a lot of anger on here, but ultimately there is a month of the window to run, and the fact is the majority of clubs have done nothing this window, because things haven'treally kicked off yet.

I just don't see the point of getting so wound up over signings at this stage. There's no denying we've done pretty well so far in terms of new players.

Let's see what happens.

The majority of Premiership clubs have bought players in, I would say that we are somewhere in the middle of the clubs who have and haven't.  Also, we'll only know if we've done well when players start producing on the pitch.

Sunderland 10

Norwich           7

Fulham           5

Bolton           4

Liverpool           4

Newcastle           4

Chelsea           3

Man City           3

Man Utd           3

QPR                   3

Swansea           3

West Brom   3

Wolves           3

Arsenal           2

Aston Villa           2

Blackburn           2

Stoke           2

Tottenham   1

Wigan           1

Everton           0

The point is though, how many of those teams have sold 42M+ worth of players in the last 2 windows?

Let's see what happens.

The majority of Premiership clubs have bought players in, I would say that we are somewhere in the middle of the clubs who have and haven't.  Also, we'll only know if we've done well when players start producing on the pitch.

Sunderland 10

Norwich           7

Fulham           5

Bolton           4

Liverpool           4

Newcastle           4

Chelsea           3

Man City           3

Man Utd           3

QPR                   3

Swansea           3

West Brom   3

Wolves           3

Arsenal           2

Aston Villa           2

Blackburn           2

Stoke           2

Tottenham   1

Wigan           1

Everton           0

The point is though, how many of those teams have sold 42M+ worth of players in the last 2 windows?

I wasn't trying to prove a point. Just posted an admittedly shit table with the incoming transfers of each team.

Well what are these ambitions? And how realistic are they?

The guy has been exceptional, and tbh if clubs that are further along are showing interest, then him moving on tends to be what happens in football.

No different than Berbatov to Manu or even Torres to Chelsea.

It's happening again... supporters are doing it again... We are ignoring how it got to this point and replacing it with a negative agenda spin on the individual.

These people believe what we do about the club, they make their demands and try and force the change the club needs. It doesn't happen, they cause a storm and leave, we turn it into a greed based thing.

It is like they cannot win with supporters, we don't want them to care and have an opinion we want them to shut up and suffer. Look at Shay Given, he left because Ashley decided to stay, Ashley had lied to him, promised spending and signings to take the club forward as he promised the fans, they didn't so Shay wanted away. Supporters turned that into f*** him, greedy b****** who is traitor.

They fight for what this club should have. Of course there will be an element of looking after themselves, this is their occupation and career.

Jose Enrique is now going to leave because the people he loved were sacked/sold and the club aren't spending any money to go anywhere. Supporters will come out and say bye then, f*** you, s*** body language, didn't care. Ignoring the reasons why he didn't care!

We are constantly being shafted and all that happens is we have a quick moan then turn a blind eye and get on with things.

Not at all. Enrique has shown plenty of signs that he would stay if the club had ambition and hadn't flogged Hughton, Carroll, Nolan and now Barton.

What signs? Come on now. Lets be realistic.

Twitter hitting out at Hughton being sacked. The two times on twitter he hit out at the board, selling of players, not investing. Him saying Newcastle will never be a top 6 team operating like this.  Its pretty obvious he's pissed at the lack of ambition and the club being ran like cost cutting clowns. But of course you're just going to ignore that and say he has an agenda. The things Enrique says are the same things the supporters believe, he just isn't going to sacrifice his career being part of this absolute shite.

Simples.

If those people wanted to say alive, they wouldn't jump off the bridge, ie If Joey really wanted to stay he wouldn't keep going on twitter slagging his paymasters off and put them in the position were they effectively sack him.

My point is though that Barton isn't the problem at the club, he's a symptom.  In this instance he's causing his own problems but he isn't the only one who appears to be pissed off and the ones making the noises are all pointing to the people above them.  The common theme is that we have problems within the club and the people running it are lairs and that isn't going to go away if and when Barton leaves the club.

But have you seen the list of unhappy players?

Barton - mad cunt, been in prison, disruptive, upset at not getting his own way on just about everything. Had one good season and still isn't worth what he's being paid by us.

Ranger - gangsta, poor trainer, upset he doesn't get starts, talent and attitude suggests he's not even deserving to come off the bench.

Enrique - gone back on his word about discussing a new deal, wants away, stringing us along, wants world class signings were not in the position to bring in.

Nolan - wanted wages and contract length way beyond his talent and physical ability.

Carroll - wanted a new deal months after signing a 5 year contract. Another one with trouble written through him like a stick of Blackpool rock. Officially handed in a transfer request.

Zoggy - took a huff at being called the wrong name, handed in a transfer request due to this. Thought he was good enough for arsenal, signed for Wigan.

Given - took his 5th or 6th huff of his Newcastle career, refused to play for the club and went for the money. Turned out well for him.

I'm not not on ash eye side btw, but I'm certainly not on joeys either, or any of those players I mentioned above. I'm on the side of Newcastle United, the middle ground where none of those mentioned and the board lie, and never will.

Why the feck does everyone keep going on about its wrong to let him go on a free ?

He was leaving on a free anyway at the end of season, no contract being offered and no one wanted to buy him anyway, the teams are only interested in him as he for nothing, with everything thats happened it has got to be the right thing to part ways surely, for the sake of a couple million.

What you have to realise is people cannot look past their hatred for Ashley and Llambias in any single circumstance.

No matter what any individual does they will claim it is right as long as it is in opposition to Ashley.

Joey Barton and Willie McKay are clearly using this to their advantage in this situation.

I don't know when it became acceptable to rubbish your club and behave so badly because you don't think the owner is spending enough money, or giving contracts to your mates.

The owners have stated that this is how the club is going to be run. Support the team, and look forward to better days, whether that be a change in ownersip as some want, or a change in policy.

Interesting to note the window has a month to run still, but people have convinced themselves that no more players are coming in, and are being fueled by this rage.

What have Everton done this window? What of Villa? Did they not just get £36 million from the Downing and Young sales? Other than Zoggy, what?

Senseless behaviour.

This.

Sacking popular managers, renaming an historic stadium and slapping cheap advertisements over the history of the club has nothing to do with it at all.

Let's see what happens.

Sunderland 10

Norwich           7

Fulham           5

Bolton           4

Liverpool           4

Newcastle           4

Chelsea           3

Man City           3

Man Utd           3

QPR                   3

Swansea           3

West Brom   3

Wolves           3

Arsenal           2

Aston Villa           2

Blackburn           2

Stoke           2

Tottenham   1

Wigan           1

Everton           0

I wasn't trying to prove a point. Just posted an admittedly s*** table with the incoming transfers of each team.

Everton have sold 35 millions worth and only bought Zog.

Villa even. And they've bought Given as well.

Let's see what happens.

Sunderland 10

Norwich           7

Fulham           5

Bolton           4

Liverpool           4

Newcastle           4

Chelsea           3

Man City           3

Man Utd           3

QPR                   3

Swansea           3

West Brom   3

Wolves           3

Arsenal           2

Aston Villa           2

Blackburn           2

Stoke           2

Tottenham   1

Wigan           1

Everton           0

I wasn't trying to prove a point. Just posted an admittedly s*** table with the incoming transfers of each team.

Everton have sold 35 millions worth and only bought Zog.

Villa you mean?  They also spent over £20m on Bent in January and have spent considerably more than us over the last few years.

Well what are these ambitions? And how realistic are they?

The guy has been exceptional, and tbh if clubs that are further along are showing interest, then him moving on tends to be what happens in football.

No different than Berbatov to Manu or even Torres to Chelsea.

His ambitions were to be recognised by Spain and he doesn't think he'll get that here because our profile isn't high enough.  I don’t think that’s too unreasonable.

That doesn't go against what I was saying anyway, it shows that most clubs have got players in, even if we're slightly higher than average.  It's only 1 player making that difference.

That doesn't go against what I was saying anyway, it shows that most clubs have got players in, even if we're slightly higher than average.  It's only 1 player making that difference.

I know that. Just was interested in how many players each team has brought in that's all. Call it a courtesy table. :lol:

That article from Lee Ryder :mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

The article from Douglas in the Journal was brilliantly written though :thup:

This bit hit home especially:

While there is sense in United trying to peddle a player who has so disrupted a pre-season campaign, where does it leave them before the Arsenal game at St James’ Park a week on Saturday?

The answer has to be considerably weaker than they were last season, when a team underpinned by the nous and savvy of Nolan and Barton managed to kick, spit and scrap their way to 11th in the Premier League.

Team spirit was the key to that finish but despite talk of the bonds formed in America, the undercurrents of discontent are becoming ripples. Danny Simpson, for example, took to Twitter to claim he was “lost for words” at the Barton announcement.

:(