Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Heneage

FWIW I know I'll be called an Ashley apologist but I'd say we've underpaid for all the players we've brought in.

FWIW I know I'll be called an Ashley apologist but I'd say we've underpaid for all the players we've brought in.

To get Marveaux, Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Ba in for £10m (?) in transfer fees is sensational business.

So we've been desperately waiting for this transfer window to come because we''re majorly in need of strengthening (after the last transfer window when we went into it needing a striker and came out of it havving sold one).  We've brought in four players, one of which is a child.  We've sold Nolan and Routledge and it looks like Barton and Enrique are pretty much out the door as well.  Which leaves us with... Oh, right, not enough players again.  But it's OK, Pardew hopes we might make one more signing.  

We've been slagging off Erdinc's agent, but in reality if he did advise his player to come here he'd want fucking sacked.

The fact that we are actively targeting this kind of player - who have either let their contracts run down, left on contract loopholes, or are known to play up and cause trouble if they don't get their own way - is just so staggeringly short-sighted.

who are you counting here HBA?  Ba?  Cabaye? Gosling? Marveaux?

other than HBA & Ba (harsh imo too) who else have we targetted that "play up and cause trouble"?

a player leaving on a free doesn't automatically make him a cunt

If Barton had been bullying younger players and Cabaye then he had to go. All depends on whether that is true though.

Although some may remember Barton having a dig at Cabaye for the crime of signing for the club, and you got the impression Cabaye had his card marked from day one.

To get Marveaux, Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Ba in for £10m (?) in transfer fees is sensational business.

And I'd be absolutely delighted if they were lining up with Barton, Nolan, Enrique and Carroll.

Guest Roger Kint

Anyone know what Freddie was saying?

The usual Shepherd guff. I would have done this, I would have done that. I would love to own NUFC again. Convinced Barton will end up at a top club etc. Basically sod all

Guest Heneage

Yeah exactly.

So I think to say the entire window has been a failure is going overboard I think. If we can get Barnetta and Erding in for Under £20m I'd be happy.

Yeah exactly.

So I think to say the entire window has been a failure is going overboard I think. If we can get Barnetta and Erding in for Under £20m I'd be happy.

:lol:

:troll: ??

If Barton had been bullying younger players and Cabaye then he had to go. All depends on whether that is true though.

I've not read the last ten or so pages. Where is that being suggested?

And I'd be absolutely delighted if they were lining up with Barton, Nolan, Enrique and Carroll.

Well, yes, obviously.

Guest Heneage

Yeah exactly.

:lol:

:troll: ??

Let a boy dream mate.  :lol:

Journal this morning I do believe had it

Lee Ryder's "article"

I don't think it was bullying, it was "a bad influence" that was mentioned, mind I think he could very easily be a bully.

Local press. Started end of last season apparently including a fight with another senior player. Depends on whether you believe it but there is evidence about Cabaye on Barton's Twitter.

Lee Ryder's "article"

Those bloody Ashley apologists, eh?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/07/18/joey-barton-is-perfect-role-model-beardsley-72703-29073078/#ixzz1Ts9JagAj

Such an awful influence on the young'uns he only had Beardsley singing his praises in the local press two weeks ago.

agreed, i'd say we're under-prepared for the season. which one's more important? (i know the window's still open but if we're talking purely in terms of the benefit of these deals)

Guest Heneage

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/07/18/joey-barton-is-perfect-role-model-beardsley-72703-29073078/#ixzz1Ts9JagAj

Such an awful influence on the young'uns he only had Beardsley singing his praises in the local press two weeks ago.

Err, you know Beardsley was also accussed of bullying youngsters . Birds of a feather and all that. :lol: