Guest sicko2ndbest

Krul

Simpson  Coloccini  Williamson  Enrique

Guthrie  Tiote  Barton

R.Taylor                                      Jonas

Nolan

:snod:

What the fuck is that :lol:

Where's the knobheeds who reckon Guthrie should start ahead of Barton on a regular basis?

Guthrie was an absolute non entity today, he should have been hooked at half time. I'm convinced Guthrie is a very very average player.

Where's the knobheeds who reckon Guthrie should start ahead of Barton on a regular basis?

Guthrie was an absolute non entity today, he should have been hooked at half time. I'm convinced Guthrie is a very very average player.

Guthrie is a Championship player at best, Barton is a stupid kunt but good Premiership player

Guthrie has a heart the size of a walnut. Been saying this for ages and he's done nowt to prove me wrong. Barton has had bad games as well as good ones but he never hides.

Guthrie has a heart the size of a walnut. Been saying this for ages and he's done nowt to prove me wrong. Barton has had bad games as well as good ones but he never hides.

Liverpool away under Shearer? Or has that disappeared from your memory

How did he hide? Before he got sent off he was our best player that day. Always showed for the ball.

Guest firetotheworks

How the fuck can you be 'very, very average'? It makes no sense.  :lol:

Guthrie was the only one doing anything in the first half. People are blinded by their hatred at times.

Guthrie does one of two things when he has the ball on the wing:

1. Bombs the ball forward hoping it hits Carroll/Shola, but 95% it doesnt.

2. Passes backwards.

Now that i think about it, thats our entire team.

How did he hide? Before he got sent off he was our best player that day. Always showed for the ball.

Disagree completely and his 'tackle' was beyond cowardly that day.  Left his team-mates in the lurch for the rest of that game, and also the next 3, at our most important time in recent history.  Big heart? No.

Disagree completely and his 'tackle' was beyond cowardly that day.  Left his team-mates in the lurch for the rest of that game, and also the next 3, at our most important time in recent history.  Big heart? No.

Who played better than him that game?

Guest schmuck

Buy a new dictionary. Being reckless, daft, stupid or whatever you want to call it is nothing like the same thing. The only way it would have been cowardly would be if he purposely got himself suspended because he didn't want to play the remaining games, and surely you don't think that

Buy a new dictionary. Being reckless, daft, stupid or whatever you want to call it is nothing like the same thing. The only way it would have been cowardly would be if he purposely got himself suspended because he didn't want to play the remaining games, and surely you don't think that

Barton's tackle was a deliberate foul, he knew exactly what he doing...  lashing out in frustration isn't a good example of having 'big heart'. 

I'm surprised anyone would disagree.

Who played better than him that game?

Nobody.

Couldn't see that this had been posted elsewhere:

Morten Gamst Pedersen has accepted a personal apology from Joey Barton and insisted he has no problem with the Newcastle midfielder.

Barton is serving a three-match ban after punching Blackburn's Pedersen in the stomach during Rovers' 2-1 victory at St James' Park last week.

It is the latest in a string of controversial moments during Barton's career but Pedersen spoke up for the 28-year-old, who issued an apology before phoning the Norwegian on Friday.

Pedersen said in the Lancashire Telegraph: "I couldn't answer the phone at that moment but he left a nice message on my answering machine and I called him up the minute we had finished our team meeting.

"Joey shows that there is more to him than what came out on the pitch the other day, and I really appreciate it. It's not everyone who has the courage to call to apologise after such an episode, but Joey did without hesitation.

"Both me and Joey are professional and fully agree to put this behind us, and that we can laugh about the whole thing next time we meet."

Fair play to Pedersen to be honest. Glad they can both draw a line under it and move on.

Always hated that cunt. Still fair play to him, a lot of players would have made a bigger deal out of it. He also said in an interview this summer that St. James' Park and Anfield were his favorite grounds to play at and he was really happy that we had got promoted.

Unlike the bloke in your avatar, who's fighting heart beats so hard he was left on the bench.

Barton was our best player that game.

Unlike the bloke in your avatar, who's fighting heart beats so hard he was left on the bench.

Barton was our best player that game.

It is bizzare that someone with Michael Owen as their Avatar would have a pop at any other player in the relegation season?! hmmm

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Classy reaction from Pederson.

Aye, sort of diffused the situation a little with that reaction. Papers could have a field day with any other reaction. I know its a crappy thing to say, but I feel sorry for Barton if he really does find it hard to keep in control of emotions. If he could get that sorted, he'd have half a chance with refs and the media.

This season, before this incident, he was taking the first long steps towards 'redemption'. He might not have been recalled up to the England squad again, and he might not have even won over the respect and belief of anyone outside of SJP, but he was starting the process. His efforts on the field had improved, and whereas some of his passing was stray, he was at least trying to be creative and proactive in a somewhat static team.

Classy reaction from Pederson.

Aye, sort of diffused the situation a little with that reaction. Papers could have a field day with any other reaction. I know its a crappy thing to say, but I feel sorry for Barton if he really does find it hard to keep in control of emotions. If he could get that sorted, he'd have half a chance with refs and the media.

This season, before this incident, he was taking the first long steps towards 'redemption'. He might not have been recalled up to the England squad again, and he might not have even won over the respect and belief of anyone outside of SJP, but he was starting the process. His efforts on the field had improved, and whereas some of his passing was stray, he was at least trying to be creative and proactive in a somewhat static team.

I don't think this incident undoes his progress though, needs to be understood in a wider context. Yes, it was out of order, but it was fairly minor.

Also, it was on the pitch, which for Barton is a big step forward.