Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wraith was on the train back from Sunderland last week next to my mates. They said all he did was boast about how he was texting Joey.

Anyway, alot of people who write for fanzines are gobshites. Him with the long hair who does True Faith is always moaning about idiots on message forums talking shite. Sorry pal, just because your view is in a fuckin fanzine doesn't make it any more valid than the view of anyone from here. Fanzine folk seem to think they're something better, a cut above.

Guest dogbeak

At the end of the day the club is bigger than average footballers like Nolan and Barton and will still be around long after they're retired and dead.

I'm far more disappointed with the Enrique and Carroll sales, because they're the kind of players you can build a team around for 10 years or so.

enrique aside, once carroll had gone the utility of nolan and barton were both reduced - deep cross, knock down and tap-in was an effective (if limited strategy), but once one part had left the others were left swinging in the wind a little. so i'm not massively concerned with our midfield strength, though we are going to have to play a different game (for better or for worse). striker is, of course, an issue.

we may still need some "personalities" to step up, but i'm not writing off the potential for that to happen. at least amongst the players coming through there's a few that have been here a good few years and should hopefully understand what the club is about.

It is easy to replace Nolan and Barton, maybe Carroll and Enrique as well... "on paper" but it isn't easy to replace their effectiveness. Cabaye, Marveaux and Obertan have a lot to deliver. We are playing with fire by kicking out players that are or at least were working. These are the kind of players you build around not over write.

Pardew has a hell of a job to do, he has to get this right from scratch, that is a big ask. We've been average to poor in pre-season and the first 3 games. We don't have anything about us, our attacking is pretty poor and we're little other than a set piece team.

Ah. We really need a good solid home win on Sunday, just put my mind at rest.

Pardew needs a left back and a striker there's no question about that. But if we've performed badly then a lot of it has been down to his long ball tactics which don't fit the players we have brought into the club. So far results have been good so we can say the ends justify them means. The jury is still out for me on Pardew though, I'll be interested to see if he makes the required changes necessary once we've got a proper left back in.

I've got my fingers crossed that our long ball stuff is caused by our fullbacks not being good enough to generate a vibrant wing and our strikers offering nothing to hold up, play off or link the midfield. Cabaye has also been playing too deep to penetrate (LOL) anything from the middle.

Still early doors. It's after 10 games we should have a perfect tactical insight I think.

I'll be generous and say it's because of our limited full backs Pardew is playing the long ball game as a tactic rather than he doesn't have a clue how to set up a passing team. If I was a manager for example, the first thing I'd do was tell my goalkeeper to throw the ball to the full backs to start a move rather than hoof it down the pitch to two big twats I'd selected specifically to play the long ball game.

I don't know where this notion of pardew being a long merchant has come fom he built decent fluid attacking and passing teams at West Ham and Reading.

Didn't he actually talk about that being a priority when he started with us? I lose track given every new manager talks up the attractive crowd pleasing football.

It's not a notion it's an observation of the three games we've played. The goalkeeper and the defenders are hoofing the ball long towards a big centre forward, it's not up for debate it's happening. Like I said, I'll be generous and put that down to us having no decent full backs so maybe this is a temporary tactic until we get players in who we can trust to bring the ball out.

Guest dogbeak

i'm with tron on this, we've played some miserable looking football so far (results aside, obviously). considering the farce of pre-season, i'd think there's still work to do towards getting everyone integrated into the team, as it looks like we're groping towards a new style of play without particularly knowing what it is yet.

There will be a lot of pressure on him. It looks like he's being paid a lot more than his team-mates and he'll be expected to deliver. Normally I think he likes an underdog status so this will be a challenge.

Becoming a parent might help. Having someone more important than Joey Barton to think about may be just what he needs.

Hate to say it, but Merson actually made a good point there about Barton and his temperament. Interesting to see what would happen if Barton starts berating his team mates, the likes of Taraabt, when they get their ass inevitably handed to them a couple of times this season.

Hate to say it, but Merson actually made a good point there about Barton and his temperament. Interesting to see what would happen if Barton starts berating his team mates, the likes of Taraabt, when they get their ass inevitably handed to them a couple of times this season.

He also said Steven Gerrard is the best midfielder in the country.

He also said Steven Gerrard is the best midfielder in the country.

:lol: I did say I hate to say that he made a good point. It feels wrong saying that Paul Merson has made an interesting comment in his 'punditry'.

can we never ever mention Wraith again

He apparently reads this board. So aslong as it's him being slated then fantastic.

Does he ? wow, ok then.

Steve your a monumental cunt, shut the fuck up you chronic bollock headed cunt.

THAT'S WRAITHIST!

That didn't get the laugh it deserved. :lol:

J_Enrique3 José Enrique

@Joey7Barton ha, congratulation on move. I say it would happen!

Obviously been saying different things to colleagues than he has to us fans

Barton or Enrique?

Barton

Eh, and how did you come to that conclusion by reading that tweet? Serious question btw. (Considering it would be the real Enrique)

J_Enrique3 José Enrique

@Joey7Barton ha, congratulation on move. I say it would happen!

Obviously been saying different things to colleagues than he has to us fans

Barton or Enrique?

Barton

Eh, and how did you come to that conclusion by reading that tweet? Serious question btw. (Considering it would be the real Enrique)

Assuming it was Enrique, it sounds like something that would result from a 'I can't wait to get to another club' conversation.

Just my take on it.

Guest bimpy474

Luke Young signs for QPR, SWP to follow?  This ambition Joey?

We signed HBA and Tiote after promotion ffs  :troll:

Young and SWP both over 30 too, not a long term plan like.

Funny to watch the joey barton show on football focus this morning. Coincidental how they happened to be at QPR yesterday on the day he signed. Apparently there were other clubs in for him but he would not say who they were.

Funny to watch the joey barton show on football focus this morning. Coincidental how they happened to be at QPR yesterday on the day he signed. Apparently there were other clubs in for him but he would not say who they were.

Sunderland were one of them say the Chron, Bruce tried to get him before the derby cheeky twat

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/27/joey-barton-why-i-turned-down-sunderland-move-72703-29312579/

If qpr were the pick of them Id guesmost were championship clubs

If qpr were the pick of them Id guesmost were championship clubs

depends, could have been the likes of Stoke or Villa but they wouldn't pay him the wage he wanted