Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest bimpy474

He's had one good season in 6 years, calling him mediocre is a huge compliment to him.

FYP. But you're still wrong.

What's he wrong about?

Thought exactly the same here. :lol: What was the FYP all about?

No, not the spelling, what's he wrong about?

Chubbs has it spot on.

Guest bimpy474

Course he does. The first half of 2010-11 is his only good spell of football since 2006.

Pretty much, of course filled the rest of that time in with some lovely violence and charming behaviour.

Dicksplash of monumental size. Glad we are out of it.

Guest neesy111

Course he does. The first half of 2010-11 is his only good spell of football since 2006.

Correct, funnily enough the only time he was fit and not in prison for a good amount of time as well.

You forgot certain games in the 2nd half of that season, though.

So you agree, one good season?

He had some games under Big Sam after he recovered from his injury, he had good games (those 8 games) under KK of courese.

In general, it was one good season if take it all in contention, yes.

One less arsehole living the UK now at least.

Probably contributed more to the public purse in a week than you and I will all year. :lol:

That's true.  Wonder how much the premiership pays in wages goes into the  public purse.  Has to be 100's billions (erm millions)

I'd be surprised if they pay their fair share. Lots of tax engineering at work, for sure.

Joey Barton is a good footballer, but a terrible human being. Sad thing that the first can so easily trump the second and he still gets paid millions.

Much harder to do here (I suspect it's more rife in Spain where your players pay under 30% still I believe?), the tax schemes arsenal and rangers used were illegal and arsenal had to pay a good amount to stop court action.

That tax break got abolished years ago, but since it wasn't retroactive some players still enjoy it (Kaká and Cronaldo, for example). It only applied to foreign players. But yeah, lots of cheating at work. Eto'o got done recently for tax evasion during his years in Spain, for example. And I'm sure there would be loads more if they really investigated it.

Regarding Barton, do OM know who are they signing? I'd be a bit more hesitant to sign a lucrative contract with a player with his history of issues everywhere he's been. The fact he's a racist violent thug notwithstanding.

Probably contributed more to the public purse in a week than you and I will all year. :lol:

That's true.  Wonder how much the premiership pays in wages goes into the  public purse.  Has to be 100's billions (erm millions)

I'd be surprised if they pay their fair share. Lots of tax engineering at work, for sure.

Joey Barton is a good footballer, but a terrible human being. Sad thing that the first can so easily trump the second and he still gets paid millions.

Much harder to do here (I suspect it's more rife in Spain where your players pay under 30% still I believe?), the tax schemes arsenal and rangers used were illegal and arsenal had to pay a good amount to stop court action.

That tax break got abolished years ago, but since it wasn't retroactive some players still enjoy it (Kaká and Cronaldo, for example). It only applied to foreign players. But yeah, lots of cheating at work. Eto'o got done recently for tax evasion during his years in Spain, for example. And I'm sure there would be loads more if they really investigated it.

Regarding Barton, do OM know who are they signing? I'd be a bit more hesitant to sign a lucrative contract with a player with his history of issues everywhere he's been. The fact he's a racist violent thug notwithstanding.

He's racist?

Guest bimpy474

He's racist?

No i dont think so, guess because his half brother who he didn't see much of was, and killed a young lad because the lad was black. 2+2 = 5.

Dabo, Etuhu, Gervinho, Diaby... he seems to have a history with black players. But yeah, you're probably right and I'm jumping to conclusions. He's a c*** nonetheless.

Diaby throttled him to be fair. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Dabo, Etuhu, Gervinho, Diaby... he seems to have a history with black players. But yeah, you're probably right and I'm jumping to conclusions. He's a cunt nonetheless.

He has had just as many as with white players. you're right though, he is a cunt.

We all know the history and character of Barton etc. but, in a way, isnt it nice seeing an English player go abroad? I'd rather it someone better, but its just refreshing to see him go abroad rather than to another QPR type (and we all know that he would have probably got a half-decent club despite his most recent problems)

Guest neesy111

They should investigate more players, could help to beef up the dry pit that is your countries public finances.

We all know the history and character of Barton etc. but, in a way, isnt it nice seeing an English player go abroad? I'd rather it someone better, but its just refreshing to see him go abroad rather than to another QPR type (and we all know that he would have probably got a half-decent club despite his most recent problems)

I think more players should do it. Matt Derbyshire did ok in Greece didn't he and got to play Champions League football, that wouldn't have happened if he stayed home. Ok, I don't think its worked out for him since his return but still.

Joe Cole has come out of his French experience on a positive note, he has had playing time and there was even a suggestion he could have made the England squad.

But over my life time of watching football too few British players have gone abroad. There have been some real success stories as well.