Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Talks of lot of shit usually, but he's a bit right here (Lawro)

Lawro on Joey Barton

"One thing that is good for QPR is that Joey Barton is moving to Marseille. Barton seems to be living in a completely different world. He is very good with words but the hardest word for him appears to be sorry. There is only one common denominator with everything that has happened to Barton and that is him."

Talks of lot of s*** usually, but he's a bit right here (Lawro)

Lawro on Joey Barton

"One thing that is good for QPR is that Joey Barton is moving to Marseille. Barton seems to be living in a completely different world. He is very good with words but the hardest word for him appears to be sorry. There is only one common denominator with everything that has happened to Barton and that is him."

Does he then go on to say that he's lived his life like a candle in the wind?

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan

Barton in L'Equipe: #nufc will always be in my heart, City not as much. #nufc is the club I'm linked to #nufc went down, we went back up. The fans don't forget that. When players join for money it's not the same thing. We fought for the club. Me, Carroll, Gutierrez - we all stayed and brought the club back to the top. Barton also says he thinks Newcastle fans resemble Marseille fans for backing and atmosphere. Know #nufc fans not forgotten Velodrome 04.

He is an utter cunt, and a limited footballer. But I feel like we do have some kind of affiliation with him, genuinely think Newcastle means a lot to him. At the talk in he talked of living up here when he retires. Seriously hope he does well over there, he probably should have left England when he left us. Oh, and no matter how entertaining he is, he needs to delete Twitter.

Him in Ligue 1 will be carnage, the refs are much more card happy than they are in the Premier League, but if Marseille get him the ball in the right areas then the quality of delivery he can produce will suit Gignac, who Baup seems to prefer to the likes of Remy and the Ayew brothers.

In terms of his affection for us, that much was obvious in the derby win last year. He loved every minute of that. We showed faith in him and he re-payed us in our first season back with some superb play at times. He can be a bit of a mental case but he built a genuine rapport with the fans during his time with us. The likes of him and Nolan should be applauded for the job they did in stabilising the club, though Hughton obviously gets the greatest credit.

He spent his best times here, no question. We're the only club he has left who seems to have a soft spot for him imo.

Think we're the only club he's left that he has a soft spot for tbf, judging by the comments on his twitter a week or so ago about missing playing at St James Park, proper club, proper fans etc I think he said.

Nolan, don't even want to get talking about was he good or not, always gave 100% for us, scored some goals and was part of the team that established us as a proper premier league team. I'm sure he will get a great reception to be honest, and I'm sure he'll give our fans a great reception too.

I am glad he is not our problem anymore but I do have a soft spot for him.

I also went to a couple of talk-ins he did and he seemed to find something to say to everyone who queued up for autographs and photos and no-one was turned away.  It is not very often you see that happen.

I think Twitter is the worst thing for him as it has given him a platform to voice his opinions on everything and he seems to love/crave the attention he gets from it.  With us he seemed to keep his head and concentrate on the football whereas now he seems to have involved himself in so many other activities that it is almost impossible to ignore him.  He is a complicated person who never quite knows when enough is enough and so ends up crossing the line on too many occasions in both word and deed. 

I hope he does well in Marseilles - if he is doing well on the pitch, he will probably be better off it.

He is also right about our game there - one of the best atmospheres I have ever experienced - though that fire had us worried for a few minutes but also bemused by the lack of concern from all surrounding it.