Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Nolan and Barton's future is under doubt here then I'd be happy to keep Guthrie. He's still young and has got talent, even if he doesn't make the most of it. He's done well enough as a back up player. If we lose Nolan or Barton then we could maybe give Guthrie a better contract.

Wouldn't mind him going on loan for a season to team coming up from championship, would easily get into QPR's midfield, maybe if possible be able to be recalled.

With a consistent run of games in the prem and a decent fitness programme, he might be able to cut the sloppiness out of his game and become a decent player.

But we will never see if he can do it if he is stuck on the bench only getting the odd game due to player injuries.

Although, at the same time we cant risk giving him a starting role in our first team.

Guest neesy111

Get rid, horrible player.  If we are gonna have 5th/6th choices then I would they be younger players who have some talent.

• 4 weeks later...

Always liked him. Decent squad player.

He's quietly impressed in his last couple of appearances. Was great against Man U.

This.

Would take a straight swap for Roger Johnson though! Wouldn't even mind if we gave them a million or so on top, granted they would.

Always liked him. Decent squad player.

He's quietly impressed in his last couple of appearances. Was great against Man U.

My thoughts on him really and when you look at other back up options to Tiote and Cabaye, it doesn't look great IMO. 

We've got Smith who's a liability and by all accounts is on about 8 times more than him. 

Gosling who I've never seen play centre mid, who's coming back from a terrible injury.

Barton, who will probably leave and apparently can't play centre mid according to most on here.

Then what, play Raylor or Perch in there  ???

Tiote will no doubt pick up a few suspensions and is away for the ACN at the end of Jan, Cabaye might not hit the gorund running either.  I'd get rid of Smith and keep the rest TBH.  If we signed this Matuidi, then maybe I could see Guthrie leaving, seems a bit expensive though for a player who wouldn't necessarily be first choice.  Would rather we spent money in other areas first.

Need to be adding to the squad not one in one out, seems daft to sell when we know he can do a job for us in a pinch and he'll be on a low wage anyway.

He's quite skilful as people say, and there's nothing wrong with his attitude and determination.

On the other hand, he just doesn't look strong enough or athletic enough for the very top division. He's easily muscled off the ball and has difficulty imposing himself.

He'll have a good, long career in the game, but he won't hit the heights IMO.

I think 2M-3m as he is English, plays for (ahem!) a Prem side and he is as good as quite a few average midfielders about....

The fact that he is on his last year of contract makes me think that he is very susceptible to be transferred by the fat guffa!

He's 4th choice here as it stands behind Tiote, Cabaye & Gosling, there'll no doubt be one more added to that, if Birmingham offer £1m I'd just take it. Doesn't seem much but that plus the wages would pretty much pay the academy lads' wages for a season. He'd play maybe 5-6 games, really not worth keeping.