Shola Ameobi

Greg

He is out for 8 weeks?

Shola's fitness record is pretty shocking really. He rarely manages to chirp how he's finally playing without any niggles and he's struck down with another long lay off. Should just keep his mouth shut tbh.

Guest Christian Cage

Shola is a class act at this level, as are all our players

Nicky Butt and Geremi are finished at any level.

Definitaly not Nicky Butt, he has a decent season last year, he isnt fit yet, so how you can come out with that statment is beyond me.

Geremi had a poor game v Leicester, but he was playing out of position, he will still do a job in CM

Definitaly not Nicky Butt, he has a decent season last year, he isnt fit yet, so how you can come out with that statment is beyond me.

Geremi had a poor game v Leicester, but he was playing out of position, he will still do a job in CM

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/25705.gif

Thats honestly the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. If you honestly believe that, you should stop watching football mate; its not for you.

Thats honestly the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. If you honestly believe that, you should stop watching football mate; its not for you.

No-one had a great season and Butt did manage to have a few good matches in between making stand-out howlers.

Answering like that though, just makes you look like a twat. If Nolan looks good in this league then Butt can too.

No-one had a great season and Butt did manage to have a few good matches in between making stand-out howlers.

Answering like that though, just makes you look like a twat. If Nolan looks good in this league then Butt can too.

When did I say he couldn't have a good season this year? Anyone who thinks Butt had a decent season last year is an idiot of the highest order. In terms of playing staff, he was the one most responsible for our relegation. He was our worst player last year so if he had a decent season, so did everyone in the squad. And if everyone in the squad had a decent season, how the fuck did we relegated??

Nicky Butt is a fuckin fraud. Simple as that. He doesn't do anything effectively. He can't even play the defensive midfield role effectively and he's played it for 15 years. He should just be holding his position and playing the ball simple like Smith does. Instead he runs forward with the ball, tries a ridiculous pass and is then miles out of position. He also gives away more stupid fouls than anyone else and was directly responsible for 3 defeats last year because of this IIRC.

I'll happily act like a twat to anyone who thinks Nicky Butt is a good player or had a good season last year. If he is a first choice this year, we'll not get promoted. We'll get anywhere near. The first half against Huddersfield should tell anyone that.

When did I say he couldn't have a good season this year? Anyone who thinks Butt had a decent season last year is an idiot of the highest order. In terms of playing staff, he was the one most responsible for our relegation. He was our worst player last year so if he had a decent season, so did everyone in the squad. And if everyone in the squad had a decent season, how the fuck did we relegated??

Nicky Butt is a fuckin fraud. Simple as that. He doesn't do anything effectively. He can't even play the defensive midfield role effectively and he's played it for 15 years. He should just be holding his position and playing the ball simple like Smith does. Instead he runs forward with the ball, tries a ridiculous pass and is then miles out of position. He also gives away more stupid fouls than anyone else and was directly responsible for 3 defeats last year because of this IIRC.

I'll happily act like a twat to anyone who thinks Nicky Butt is a good player or had a good season last year. If he is a first choice this year, we'll not get promoted. We'll get anywhere near. The first half against Huddersfield should tell anyone that.

I think he's one of the most honest players that we have got.

He's not a "fraud", but it's painfully painfully obvious to everyone that isn't an NUFC staff member that his legs have gone and he simply isn't up to it anymore. His brain still works and you can see what he wants to do, just he can't anymore.

I did say before the season he would be useful this season as a squad player only, someone who comes off the bench for the last 20 minutes and helps close a game down.

I would base a percentage of the reason for his many abject performances last season on the fact he played 90 minutes week in, week out. Not up to it.

And that would be why the guy is a fraud. Everyone says he's professional and experienced but its bollocks. Does no-one remember his strop at Birmingham. Or his pathetic performance in the FA Cup Semi. Or his stupid tackle against Hull that gave away a pen and the identical stupid tackle v Everton weeks later. That's experience for you. The guy is honestly a total waste of space and if he was an honest player, he would realise he's shit and not have forced us to give him a new contract last year by enacting a clause in his previous contract.

And that would be why the guy is a fraud. Everyone says he's professional and experienced but its bollocks. Does no-one remember his strop at Birmingham. Or his pathetic performance in the FA Cup Semi. Or his stupid tackle against Hull that gave away a pen and the identical stupid tackle v Everton weeks later. That's experience for you. The guy is honestly a total waste of space and if he was an honest player, he would realise he's shit and not have forced us to give him a new contract last year by enacting a clause in his previous contract.

Aye righto then.

Another one who didnt pay attention in comprehension class.

I said no-one had a decent season, so all of that was just ranting wank.

Butt was as woeful as everyone else who looks good this year.

He's not a "fraud", but it's painfully painfully obvious to everyone that isn't an NUFC staff member that his legs have gone and he simply isn't up to it anymore. His brain still works and you can see what he wants to do, just he can't anymore.

I did say before the season he would be useful this season as a squad player only, someone who comes off the bench for the last 20 minutes and helps close a game down.

I would base a percentage of the reason for his many abject performances last season on the fact he played 90 minutes week in, week out. Not up to it.

His brain doesn't work though. Against Huddersfield we had exactly the same problem we did against Leicester. They had a striker that was winning everything in the air. Smith realised this like a good holding midfielder and picked up Howard leaving our centre halves free. Butt did nothing against Huddersfield apart from produce his useful hopeless passing display. He provided no support for the kids at centre half.

Last year against Liverpool at home is the prime example of why Butt is shite. As a holding midfielder, he should know that the area between defence and midfield is key and he should have patrolled that area to shut down Gerrard. Instead he repeatedly pressed the ball to pressure Alonso and Mascherano and Gerrard had all the space in the world.

As a holding midfielder, being positionally bad as well as being unable to pass or tackle means you're not up to it. If he had any sort of brain, he would adapt his game in the same way Hamann or Tugay did. He should have worked on his passing when his legs went. But he hasn't. Thats because his brain is not up to it and thats why he's a fraud. Because everyone thinks he's experienced and intelligent, when in reality its bollocks. The only experience he has is an armchair ride next to Keane or Scholes.

I paid attention in comprehension class. You said I sounded a twat for saying Butt had a decent season was the most ridiculous statement I'd ever heard. That statement was made by another and you defended it when I said it was bollocks. So the rent was based on that. Comprehend?

I paid attention in comprehension class. You said I sounded a twat for saying Butt had a decent season was the most ridiculous statement I'd ever heard. That statement was made by another and you defended it when I said it was bollocks. So the rent was based on that. Comprehend?

What a moron. "Answering like that though, just makes you look like a twat"

It wasnt what you were saying, it was how you were saying it. I'd recommend remedial class.