Shola Ameobi

Greg

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=newcastle-s-steven-taylor-i-m-staying-put%26method=full%26objectid=21634692%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

Toon fans are hoping Shola Ameobi makes a speedy recovery from a foot injury.

The striker is playing with new-found confidence which former boss Glenn Roeder puts down to caretaker manager Chris Hughton.

Roeder said: " Shola needs to know that his manager believes in him. Sir Bobby Robson and Sven Goran Eriksson did. And so did I. Now that form and confidence is back under Chris Hughton and so are the goals.''

Can someone please explain that Roeder quote to me? :dowie:

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=newcastle-s-steven-taylor-i-m-staying-put%26method=full%26objectid=21634692%26siteid=93463-name_page.html

The striker is playing with new-found confidence which former boss Glenn Roeder puts down to caretaker manager Chris Hughton.

Roeder said: " Shola needs to know that his manager believes in him. Sir Bobby Robson and Sven Goran Eriksson did. And so did I. Now that form and confidence is back under Chris Hughton and so are the goals.''

You don't remember when Shola was knocking the goals in for England? I think we won the World Cup, didn't we?

Guest neesy111

You don't remember when Shola was knocking the goals in for England? I think we won the World Cup, didn't we?

i remember shola being touted for england at one point, maybe sven was saying to him once he got into form he could get into england set-up?

Guest neesy111

How many goals did Shola score under Roeder anyway? He had a bad hip, was out for surgery... wasn't he? What the fuck is Roeder talking about?

Edit: And I can say with some honesty and much regret that I was a Roeder apologist.

during the spell after souness, shola did brillant under roeder

The Sven thing came at the start of Robson's last season. Sven was saying he was looking at Shola for the friendly with Ukraine, came on at Boro on the opening day on the left wing and looked like Pele, but injured his hip and missed out on the squad.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

He took a painkiller injection in his foot so he could go out to Tiger Too, should miss the game though

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3071/shameobie.jpg

Haha, awesome, Shola isn't even injured though, the football league chairman banned him to give the others a sporting chance.

However i'm going to take photoshop off you.

Guest Christian Cage

Shola is a class act at this level, as are all our players

not a good start mate

I don't care if people don't like it, its the truth, this league is awful and the players are not much better, we should be thankfull for what we have.