Shola Ameobi

Greg

Just looking at the second goal: what was with his goal celebration? Almost begging Andy Carroll not to touch him!

He started pointing the sky as he got a bit closer to the corner flag. Think he wanted to do a SBR tribute thing but no-one else caught on.

Ah-hah! Looked like he just didn't want to get the lurgy.

I was thrilled for him yesterday. He played in games last year with an injury, which Viduka, Martins and Owen wouldn't have, and had some bottle to take that penalty against Sunderland. He's an easy scapegoat and it was great to see him do well yesterday

Just looking at the second goal: what was with his goal celebration? Almost begging Andy Carroll not to touch him!

He started pointing the sky as he got a bit closer to the corner flag. Think he wanted to do a SBR tribute thing but no-one else caught on.

He dedicated the win/hat-trick to Bobby after the match, didn't he?

Only seen the replay once but I think he was pointing to his black armband. Nice to see the two finger (almost shushing/smoking gun) celebration from the Champions League era too!

I think he was trying to recreate that celebration he used to do under Robson along with Dyer and a few others.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8003/010278643712400x.jpg

"I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool. I also know not to hotlink from the official site, and I've never even heard of N-O."

"Sorry. I also just used the same link as the other picture in this thread without giving it any thought. Will never EVER happen again."

Sholas headers were quality on Saturday as was his Penalty. With quality balls into the area we should be able to bury teams in this division - in fact if we had have done it last season we wouldn't even be in the CCC.

I think this is the season where Shola will finally show us his true level and that is a great CCC Striker but that's it. People need to get off his back really as he is probably the best striker we have.

He's a great CCC striker? :lol: His record is 9 games, having only made any sort of impact (or scored) in one of them (helll of an impact, fair enough)

Fair point, but based on the fact Shola has scored at Champions League, England U21, and Premiership levels -  I don't think he'll prove to be a disappointment in this division...

Shola will disappoint because he's inconsistent and injury prone. His ability counts for nothing when he can play a blinder one week and be anonymous and constantly offside the next.

Actually, I'd say he's pretty consistent, consistently shit.

Why are our fans so fickle?

Everyone was slagging him off last week.

I wasn't slagging him off last week! I was genuinely struck by how hard he was working and how hungry he appeared to be to do well. Yes he was still doing those silly things only he can do, but his effort seemed miles better than it has been for a while. Maybe it is the fact that he knew he was the number 1 striker now no matter what.

With the level of effort he was putting in, at least some good things were always going to happen for him in this league. He has played a part in every single goal we have scored this season so far.

Good for him.

Guest The Libertine

i still stand by my opinion that he should have been sold/released many years ago. he was clearly not good enough when he needed to be and still wont be if we go back up.

i still stand by my opinion that he should have been sold/released many years ago. he was clearly not good enough when he needed to be and still wont be if we go back up.

Exactly. At least Allardyce and Keegan had the sense to realise this. Not sure why those before and after haven't though.