Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The club CANNOT sustain the current wagebill in the Championship. Getting rid of these people on mega-wages is imperative.

:thup:

Especially when they're shit. Fuck me, is everyone going to say we should keep Alan Smith too after one good performance?

Yes, I KNOW there are no signs of anyone coming in, but the facts are:

1. These players are too expensive.

2. These players are rubbish.

They're fair points but who's DD's back up? Lua Lua? A kid with only a few first team games for Doncaster.

The more Fat Twat "balances the books" the further down the league we'll slide.

And the less change he has of selling us... but none of his decisions make any sense.

Guest Wally_McFool

The club CANNOT sustain the current wagebill in the Championship. Getting rid of these people on mega-wages is imperative.

Not arguing with that, but the club cant carry on selling people and not bring any fucker in to replace them either, not unless they want to get relegated again.

Oh, wait a minute!

If we'd stayed in the Premiership or even had the takeover complete with a manager in charge I'd be jumping around in hysterics at this.  Nobody on here thought we'd be able to sell him for £1m never mind £4m!

However because we're in the Championship with a want away owner and no manager I'm in two minds.  He's obviously one of our better players and IMO will do well in the Championship.  On the other hand he's on £65k a week with 3 years left on his contract and I doubt we'd be able to get rid of him next season, in which case we're stuck paying up another £6.5m we owe him :(

I can't believe I'm saying this but its a difficult decision :kasper:

Especially when they're s***. f*** me, is everyone going to say we should keep Alan Smith too after one good performance?

They're fair points but who's DD's back up? Lua Lua? A kid with only a few first team games for Doncaster.

The more Fat t*** "balances the books" the further down the league we'll slide.

As things stand (no manager, no owner, no direction) we're not going to do anything anyway. We might as well get rid of the tossers bleeding the club dry for no return.

ok, and in the long term i couldn't agree more. But do you not think that Duff will do a decent job (and far better than anyone else) on the wing this season?

Rubbish, big wages I don't care the fact is ITS ALL WE FUCKING HAVE, Sell hi if we had a manager and an owner who was going to invest the money on new players, so far from a thign squad we have lost 7 playters and signed non.

Jusus man we just cannot afford to lose anymore WE JUST CAN'T.

Guest BooBoo

It's becoming frighteningly like the Ossie Ardiles era- the first team littered with promising kids who although many went on to have good careers (Clark, Elliott, Thompson, Howey etc) they were thoroughly ill equipped to deal with a whole season. The club just escaped relegation to Division 3 on the back of Keegans return and the addition of a few experienced players.

Rubbish, big wages I don't care the fact is ITS ALL WE f***ing HAVE, Sell hi if we had a manager and an owner who was going to invest the money on new players, so far from a thign squad we have lost 7 playters and signed non.

Jusus man we just cannot afford to lose anymore WE JUST CAN'T.

I agree, he's poor but sadly our best winger and the only one I trust to do his job, ie contributing and making goals. If it was Butt or Nolan i'd say absolutely

Especially when they're s***. f*** me, is everyone going to say we should keep Alan Smith too after one good performance?

As things stand (no manager, no owner, no direction) we're not going to do anything anyway. We might as well get rid of the tossers bleeding the club dry for no return.

ok, and in the long term i couldn't agree more. But do you not think that Duff will do a decent job (and far better than anyone else) on the wing this season?

It wouldn't surprise me if Duff disappears for most of the season after a half decent start. He's done it before plenty of times.

Guest Magpie007

the club can not afford the wage bill blah blah - he will tear this league apart and will create chances and score goals no chance of going back up if all we are worried about is the wage bill. If the fat twat took the offer on the table would not be his concern anway. Look foward to many years in the fizzy pop thats if we do not go down again.

It wouldn't surprise me if Duff disappears for most of the season after a half decent start. He's done it before plenty of times.

I don't remember him starting well once

A 'decent job' doesn't justify £60k per week or whatever. Not that I think he even offers that. I appreciate the worries people have about squad size but seriously - Duff has given us next to nothing since he joined. One goal against West Brom (in a thoroughly meh performance otherwise btw) doesn't change anything.

Guest Wally_McFool

What do you think Ashley wants?

I think Ashley wants to sell the players and get the club relegated again  ;D

the club can not afford the wage bill blah blah - he will tear this league apart and will create chances and score goals no chance of going back up if all we are worried about is the wage bill. If the fat twat took the offer on the table would not be his concern anway. Look foward to many years in the fizzy pop thats if we do not go down again.

Damien Duff. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you even watched him for the last few years in our strip?

Out of the current squad, there's no one I'd trust to place the ball in the back of the net when through one-on-one more than Damien Duff.

Sell Geremi - he's probably on the same wages.

Sell Butt - ditto.

There's worse players than Duff on those kind of wages.  We need players like Duff if we're to have ANY HOPE of being promoted again.

I don't remember him starting well once

He starts well in pre-season games usually, scoring hat-tricks at will. Then shitting his pants when the serious stuff starts.

We'd be selling the 12-15 goals that will get us back promoted.

Krul, Taylor, Enrique, Smith, Duff and Carroll are the six players we must definitely keep if we want to get promoted without having to fork out decent money on new players.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If it helps the wage bill, enables the sale to be pushed through, enables us to bring in a replacement i would definately push the deal through.

It is another 3mil + off the wage bill. 

Out of the current squad, there's no one I'd trust to place the ball in the back of the net when through one-on-one more than Damien Duff.

Sell Butt - ditto.

There's worse players than Duff on those kind of wages.  We need players like Duff if we're to have ANY HOPE of being promoted again.

The problem is nobody has put an offer in for Geremi or Butt. We knew relegation would mean losing our better players and being stuck with the shit ones.

Damien Duff. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you even watched him for the last few years in our strip?

To be fair we didn't play in the Championship for the last few years..

Sell Butt - ditto.

You're really basing that on his goal last week aren't you? You muse be...because whatever bloody goal has he scored :lol:

Guest BooBoo

Sell Butt - ditto.

True. The big earners like Colo, Guttierez, Butt and Nolan would all be in front of Duff if i was arranging an exit queue.