Steven Taylor: I'm staying

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Roger Kint

Just been mentioned in the newspaper report on SSN.

£8M.

The Daily Star though :kinnear:

It's in The Telegraph man.

Back page of the Star as well. Clearly in more than one paper man

Why are we all saying crap like I hope we get 10 million for him!! Why does it matter?! Its all going into Ashleys fat back pocket.  Not as if we are going to have these funds to spend!!

If we sell Taylor I think I would cry.  With him being at the club I feel like atleast hes a Geordie and understands and feels the pain we do.  If he goes I would just feel alone (only way I can describe)

I HATE ASHLEY!! SAT AGAINST READING LETS MAKE SOME NOISE !!!

Guest Roger Kint

Why are we all saying crap like I hope we get 10 million for him!! Why does it matter?! Its all going into Ashleys fat back pocket

If it helps you then fine, its utter tosh but never mind eh?

Guest Brazilianbob

I honestly think Taylor and Smith are the two players we wouldn't sell unless we got silly money.

Everton would have to pay at least 10 for Taylor.

Especially if they're buying him with whatever huge amount of money City end up spunking on Lescott.

Exactly!  We accept £6m for Taylor then Everton accept £20m + for Lescott.  We are just putting money in Evertons bank account if we accept £6m for Taylor.

Why are we all saying crap like I hope we get 10 million for him!! Why does it matter?! Its all going into Ashleys fat back pocket.  Not as if we are going to have these funds to spend!!

If we sell Taylor I think I would cry.  With him being at the club I feel like atleast hes a Geordie and understands and feels the pain we do.  If he goes I would just feel alone (only way I can describe)

I HATE ASHLEY!! SAT AGAINST READING LETS MAKE SOME NOISE !!!

Think he needs pelting for a full 90 mins with what everybody can find. Burgers, Drinks etc

Selling players is an inevitability of getting relegated. Sadly, that is the case and getting angry is pointless.

Selling most of your already paper-thin squad for below market value and not replacing them isn't inevitable though.  Well, it probably is for us, but not in general.

Who the fucking fuck do we have left now?

If we lose Taylor and Duff, we're going to struggle this season.

Nobody and for the money Ashley's prepared to spend we'll get gash in.

He is trying to stick 2 fingers up at us all for sure.

Go to the reading match, Protest, then never go back until he's out.

Hit him in the pocket, it's the only thing he understands.

Not many clubs with the wagebill and market value of ours have been relegated in recent history though. The only other was Leeds (and look what happened there).

Relegated clubs with big wage bills have to sell players to survive. That's the way it works. Anyone who thought we could keep that squad together is seriously deluded.

Guest Wally_McFool

Who the fucking fuck do we have left now?

Team for next weeks match with the new revolutionary 2-7-1 system   :coolsmiley:

Harper

Colo Enrique

Geremi Barton Butt Smith Nolan Guthrie Jonas

Carroll

Not many clubs with the wagebill and market value of ours have been relegated in recent history though. The only other was Leeds (and look what happened there).

Relegated clubs with big wage bills have to sell players to survive. That's the way it works. Anyone who thought we could keep that squad together is seriously deluded.

But why sell a local player, with a "low" wage and in a position we already are VERY thin? There are so many players we shoud get rid of before him.

Who the f***ing f*** do we have left now?

Nobody and for the money Ashley's prepared to spend we'll get gash in.

He is trying to stick 2 fingers up at us all for sure.

Go to the reading match, Protest, then never go back until he's out.

Hit him in the pocket, it's the only thing he understands.

Hit him in the cock and he'll understand quicker

Did people think we would escape selling players when we got relegated, ffs.

We dont have the money to keep them, especially when you have a duck egg like Ashley owning the club.

Guest BooBoo

Did people think we would escape selling players when we got relegated, ffs.

We dont have the money to keep them, especially when you have a duck egg like Ashley owning the club.

I think while we all expected some of the big players to go, i really didn't expect the entire first choice XI from last year (give or take) to be sold.

So far we've sold

Bassong.

Beye.

Thats it, the others were out of contract.

Any other half decent player is a sellable asset. This is what happens in a relegation, watch for more leaving.

Who the f***ing f*** do we have left now?

Team for next weeks match with the new revolutionary 2-7-1 system   :coolsmiley:

Harper

Colo Enrique

Geremi Barton Butt Smith Nolan Guthrie Jonas

Carroll

The following week I would be surprised to see Colo and Enrique even here...

Guest Roger Kint

So far we've sold

Bassong.

Beye.

Martins

Any other half decent player is a sellable asset. This is what happens in a relegation, watch for more leaving.

Totally agree. The only thing wrong in our case is not buying replacements while selling them.

So far we've sold

Bassong.

Beye.

Martins  :thup:

FYP

Forgot about him.

So far we've sold

Bassong.

Beye.

Martins

Totally agree. The only thing wrong in our case is not buying replacements while selling them.

Wellk yeah, If this had of happended at the end of last season and we brought people in to replace them then it would have been easier to accept but ashley pissed about trying to flogg us to anyone.  Totally neglected the 2 things that makes a football team/club, the PLAYING STAFF AND A MANAGER.