Steven Taylor: I'm staying

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Heneage

I think Taylor is under-rated by the Southern press. £6m in a world where Johnson goes for 17m is utterly atrocious.

I honestly think Taylor and Smith are the two players we wouldn't sell unless we got silly money.

Everton would have to pay at least 10 for Taylor.

Especially if they're buying him with whatever huge amount of money City end up spunking on Lescott.

I think Taylor is under-rated by the Southern press. £6m in a world where Johnson goes for 17m is utterly atrocious.

Why does a transfer involving Everton and Newcastle involve the Southern press in regards to fees?

Guest Heneage

Why does a transfer involving Everton and Newcastle involve the Southern press in regards to fees?

Why do you always go looking for an argument?

The media have a lot of influence over a players value. He's seen as comedy Geordie defender, who looks like going for 6m when it should be double in the current market.

I honestly don't know why any potential buyer would be looking on with any glee, sure the wagebill will be down but you'd be left with a **** team with no chance of promotion.  What's the point?  :undecided:

There is no buyer?

I honestly don't know why any potential buyer would be looking on with any glee, sure the wagebill will be down but you'd be left with a **** team with no chance of promotion.  What's the point?  :undecided:

There is no buyer?

Perhaps, I'm sure there's a few even if they aren't willing to pay over £60m or whatever.

The media have a lot of influence over a players value. He's seen as comedy Geordie defender, who looks like going for 6m when it should be double in the current market.

Yeah but Crumpy Gunt said he heard it off his mate, and the press don't make up the fees anyway.  

Edit: ah soz, I see you're saying the media influence fees.  I guess that's true but only to a degree.

I agree with you that £6m would be low anyway: maybe he should be valued at upto about £10m at a push and Glenn Johnson was definitely overpriced but he is getting in the England team.  That makes a difference.  Doesn't matter what we think about valuations anyway cos he's worth whatever NUFC are willing to sell him for.

I'm not looking for anything. I don't agree with what you say, or buy into the countless conspiracy theories about the press hating our club more than every other club out there.

Do the press really put a valuation on a player which makes the entire football world sit up and listen?  No.  David Moyes would have his own valuation of what he is worth without looking at The Sun's fantasy football squad list.  Also Taylor is actually rated throughout the country.

Guest Heneage

I'm not saying they hate us, nor have I ever. I'm saying they often get lazy on their opinions, they won't watch a player they'll just draw figurative lines to make the start fit the end.

Last night confirmed to me what Wullie had said on here about Johnson, he's an average right back who played well in a poor Portsmouth side. He was made to look even worse by Ryan Babel, a one time good prospect that fails to get into the Liverpool side.

When he can go for £17m I fail to see why Steven Taylor isn't even close to £10m when he's been picked for England, captained the U21's and should be ahead of people like Calamity Jayne Dawson.

I'm not saying they hate us, nor have I ever. I'm saying they often get lazy on their opinions, they won't watch a player they'll just draw figurative lines to make the start fit the end.

Last night confirmed to me what Wullie had said on here about Johnson, he's an average right back who played well in a poor Portsmouth side. He was made to look even worse by Ryan Babel, a one time good prospect that fails to get into the Liverpool side.

When he can go for £17m I fail to see why Steven Taylor isn't even close to £10m when he's been picked for England, captained the U21's and should be ahead of people like Calamity Jayne Dawson.

The price doesn't matter when we see none of that money.

Guest Heneage

I could see Ashley giving Hughton 2m if we got 10 plus. Despite what people say Ashley looks like staying and will know he has to invest.

Selling Taylor would rip the heart out of the team as it really would signal no ambition to go straight back up. I'd say that Everton or anyone would need to double 6M for us to consider a sale. Financially (his wages) we don't need to sell him so why would we unless he made it clear he wanted to go?

I highly doubt this, simply down to where that leaves me as a Newcastle fan.

Selling the only academy player to have made it in a decade for a pittance fee; leaves me out of touch with the club (or the club out of touch with me) and I very much doubt I could go on supporting it.

I really don't need the misery of this club any more, it's no good for the soul.

Guest Heneage

Of the first team that started Saturday, he's the only one that I like. He doesn't go on like a twat such as Messieurs Carroll and Duff. He always gives his every effort unlike Ameobi. And he just seems a really decent lad.

I highly doubt this, simply down to where that leaves me as a Newcastle fan.

Selling the only academy player to have made it in a decade for a pittance fee; leaves me out of touch with the club (or the club out of touch with me) and I very much doubt I could go on supporting it.

I really don't need the misery of this club any more, it's no good for the soul.

Ameobi and Carroll man.  It will be like Shearer and Sir Les all over again with these 2 this season.