Steven Taylor: I'm staying

Crumpy Gunt

FFS what is it with people on here?

Aye it's not like we've been relegated or anything. Get some perspective people ffs.

I bit again.

What I mean is this morning = really positive - this evening = slit wrists.

Its hard to keep up with the latest mood on this forum.

Feel free to fuck off and not come back. :thup:

Aye it's not like we've been relegated or anything. Get some perspective people ffs.

I bit again.

Believe it or not, things changing often does result in a mood change. fucking hell man :lol:

Fair point, I'm surprised you're think he shouldn't be criticised should he leave though. I don't see why he couldn't just roll he sleeves up and get on with the challenge at hand, then reconsider his future in January or May if circumstances remain similar. England in the near future is a no go tbh.

Same as Shay Given, whose chance to go to a club going places came up and I don't blame him for grabbing it when he knew it might have gone by the summer. People mocked him "haha you're out the UEFA Cup, what a mug" well now we're in the Championship and Given will have a Premiership winners medal within three years so who's laughing?

If we start to struggle in the CCC, and there's every chance, Taylor's stock will fall and he might not have a club as big as Everton come in for him again. Like Bassong, like Beye, I think he'd stay if the club wasn't being run into the ground but it is and why should he sacrifice his big opportunity to play for a club which is actively attempting to destroy itself?

For years he's promoted himself as Mr Newcastle United, he now has a chance to prove it somewhat.

If he believes he's good enough to play for England, surely he believes the top teams will still be in for him in a year when he's had an excellent season in the championship.

Given was nearly 33 when he left, Taylor is 23. Disagree massively with the bit in bold btw, absolutely no chance whatsoever of that happening.

I bit again.

Aye it's a proper headfuck, you'd think people's moods were affected by what was happening at Newcastle or something.

Fair point, I'm surprised you're think he shouldn't be criticised should he leave though. I don't see why he couldn't just roll he sleeves up and get on with the challenge at hand, then reconsider his future in January or May if circumstances remain similar. England in the near future is a no go tbh.

Same as Shay Given, whose chance to go to a club going places came up and I don't blame him for grabbing it when he knew it might have gone by the summer. People mocked him "haha you're out the UEFA Cup, what a mug" well now we're in the Championship and Given will have a Premiership winners medal within three years so who's laughing?

If we start to struggle in the CCC, and there's every chance, Taylor's stock will fall and he might not have a club as big as Everton come in for him again. Like Bassong, like Beye, I think he'd stay if the club wasn't being run into the ground but it is and why should he sacrifice his big opportunity to play for a club which is actively attempting to destroy itself?

For years he's promoted himself as Mr Newcastle United, he now has a chance to prove it somewhat.

If he believes he's good enough to play for England, surely he believes the top teams will still be in for him in a year when he's had an excellent season in the championship.

Given was nearly 33 when he left, Taylor is 23. Disagree massively with the bit in bold btw, absolutely no chance whatsoever of that happening.

He might well believe that - he doesn't know it though. He also doesn't know what else is going to happen between now and September 1st - if Ashley continues to asset strip, it might not matter how excellent Taylor is, if he's playing with the bairns and we're getting walloped every week, he's not going to be subject of bids from anyone in the Premiership.

As for the bit in bold, that's a ludicrous comment to make. No chance whatsoever? They've got unlimited funds man! Did you say the same about Chelsea?

Its all based on how likely Taylor thinks it is for us to be promoted, if he has any reason to doubt that (And there are loads) then he's going to see staying here as a waste of a year in comparison to a move to a side that regularly gets into Europe.

Its a very simple choice at this stage. Our prospects dont look good with Ashley here & he's still here.

I bit again.

Believe it or not, things changing often does result in a mood change. fucking hell man :lol:

Haha, beat me to it there, mad thing to say.

He might well believe that - he doesn't know it though. He also doesn't know what else is going to happen between now and September 1st - if Ashley continues to asset strip, it might not matter how excellent Taylor is, if he's playing with the bairns and we're getting walloped every week, he's not going to be subject of bids from anyone in the Premiership.

As for the bit in bold, that's a ludicrous comment to make. No chance whatsoever? They've got unlimited funds man! Did you say the same about Chelsea?

Chelsea had an infintely better manager tbh and the spine of the team already in place. City need to find their Terry and Lampard, players with that ability and mentality don't grow on trees, no matter how much cash you chuck around.

It's not that I don't think City have a chance to win the league btw, I just think that by the time they're in that position, Given will have been replaced by a better keeper.

Its all based on how likely Taylor thinks it is for us to be promoted, if he has any reason to doubt that (And there are loads) then he's going to see staying here as a waste of a year in comparison to a move to a side that regularly gets into Europe.

Its a very simple choice at this stage. Our prospects dont look good with Ashley here & he's still here.

Spot on.

Taylor might think he's got half a chance of breaking into the England squad this year if he does well for Everton in the Premiership and in Europe.

In a World Cup year, he's not going to get anywhere near the squad in the Championship.

Fuckkkkkkkkkk Taylor is the one player that I want us to keep at all costs, He is key to any promotion challenge!! Despite not being the complete polished article as a defender, he has looked real class at this level, and seems to motivate others around him, something we really lack at times.

He's expected to be involved on Saturday. Won't believe he's going till he's not in the squad for a game. Don't think he'll go. Everton can f*** off.

haven't read the full thread but i've just got back from Dudley club where i went to the NUSC roadshow,  don't know what time this news broke but John Gibson said at about 9pm that Taylor had travelled down to Merseyside for talks,  then laid into Llambias for having the audacity to go on radio and say there would be no more selling when he knew Taylor was heading  for talks!!

He's expected to be involved on Saturday. Won't believe he's going till he's not in the squad for a game. Don't think he'll go. Everton can f*** off.

haven't read the full thread but i've just got back from Dudley club where i went to the NUSC roadshow,  don't know what time this news broke but John Gibson said at about 9pm that Taylor had travelled down to Merseyside for talks,  then laid into Llambias for having the audacity to go on radio and say there would be no more selling when he knew Taylor was heading  for talks!!

:facepalm:

This is fucking gash.

Not because its a suprise that these players are leaving, just the timing. Why have we waited so long for this firesale? It was inevitable, but they have built up our hopes of players staying by holding the transfers off so long.

We are in a world of trouble now. Colo will leave next.

Colo and Kadar and Palace fills me with dread.

Won't be looking forward to silly season deadline day this year.

Mike is.

http://esigns.com/stock%20pics/everything-must-go-sale-YELLOW.jpg

fucking hell man Wullie. Have a fucking word...

It's more of a clearance than a sale.