Newcastle United 3 - 0 Reading - 15/08/09 - post match reaction from page 22

JH

Steven Taylor has such great attacking instincts. Should be a right back.

Regarding Ameobi, he still has his moments of complete cluelessness, but I haven't seen him work this hard in forever and that includes the first game.

Pretty pleased really. Started really well, went a bit dry in the middle, but last 10 minutes were class. Said it before, but a few signings in some key areas and a proper manager and I can really see us getting promoted.

It has to be said we would be nothing without Jonas. has to be the most effective ineffective player ever.

Everything goes through him and inevitably then puts us in decent positions.

oh come on shola is still crap, i mean yes he scored but he was still off target lol.   watch the replay,  he headed it and it hit the ground and bounced into the goal,  haha.    :kinnear:

If we get another LB in, Enrique could make a class LW. He's not amazing in defence but great going forward.

Award for biggest Knee jerk of the day

I hope I get a medal.

I've been thinking this for a while actually, especially after the way he played going forward against WBrom.

He was easily one of the best defensive left-backs in the Premiership last year.

Easily? :lol: No way.

Name me a few left-backs who are defensively better than Enrique then. Go on.

Evra, Cole and who else? Clichy? Weak. Aurelio? Shit. Baines, Shorey, Bridge? I'd take Enrique over any of 'em.

It has to be said we would be nothing without Jonas. has to be the most effective ineffective player ever.

exactly. We'd be completely useless without him and Enrique

Playing some really, really nice football - then some thoroughly shocking football. We need two buy a couple of wingers like - the main problem is that there's no balance. Barton doens't know where he's meant to be.

Lua Lua on asap tbh. Carroll and Enrique have been excellent... what an outstanding cross. Shola was utterly woeful aside from the goal.

Guest firetotheworks

I usually disagree with you. But that just might be the most perfect description of him Ive ever read.

oh come on shola is still crap, i mean yes he scored but he was still off target lol.   watch the replay,  he headed it and the it hit the ground and bounced into the goal,  haha.    :kinnear:

Planned it like that: see how it caught the keeper off guard.