Barnes attacks culture of racism that has slammed door on a 'lost generation'

NG32

Brazil, one of the most multicultural nations on earth, has not got(or ever had, as far as I know) a black manager - you can bet your life that had a black guy like Pele proved to be a top class manager, they would have appointed him.

Apart from the fact that you're almost certainly wrong no black club managers in Brazil? Prove it what the fuck is this supposed to prove?

They're even racist in Brazil so it's OK to be racist in the UK?

Them nig-nogs is too stupid to be managers?

Try engaging your brain before posting.

He didn't say there were no black club managers in Brazil. Also, it seems to read pretty obviously that he's saying had there been a top class black manager in Brazil they'd have appointed him. The point is that there haven't been any black managers coming through that are good enough. Whether you agree with that point is a different matter, you've completely misrepresented his post though.

Well, the discussion was about club managers here, so if he's not saying that there are none in Brazil then his "argument" is extra irrelevant. There might be loads, no?

No, the debate's about managers. I'm sure there are a fair few in Brazil, but merlin's point, to my understanding, was that not one of them has been good enough to be elevated to national coach status and if they'd been good enough they would have been. To disagree with that is fine, but to paint him as a racist is pretty poor form.

If he's so corncerned about the plight of his fellow black men, why did he give Jason McAteer of all people a job?

There must have been hundreds of black people more deserving than that cretin.

Or was Barnes too scared of employing someone smart that might overshadow him?

Brazil, one of the most multicultural nations on earth, has not got(or ever had, as far as I know) a black manager - you can bet your life that had a black guy like Pele proved to be a top class manager, they would have appointed him.

Apart from the fact that you're almost certainly wrong no black club managers in Brazil? Prove it what the fuck is this supposed to prove?

He didn't say there were no black club managers in Brazil. Also, it seems to read pretty obviously that he's saying had there been a top class black manager in Brazil they'd have appointed him. The point is that there haven't been any black managers coming through that are good enough. Whether you agree with that point is a different matter, you've completely misrepresented his post though.

Well, the discussion was about club managers here, so if he's not saying that there are none in Brazil then his "argument" is extra irrelevant. There might be loads, no?

No, the debate's about managers. I'm sure there are a fair few in Brazil, but merlin's point, to my understanding, was that not one of them has been good enough to be elevated to national coach status and if they'd been good enough they would have been. To disagree with that is fine, but to paint him as a racist is pretty poor form.

So, there have been no black managers of the Brazilian national team.

I ask again, what is that supposed to prove?

I have suggested two possible interpretations of Merlin's post. Perhaps he can tell us himself exactly what he was saying that was different.

Apart from the fact that you're almost certainly wrong – no black club managers in Brazil? Prove it – what the fuck is this supposed to prove?

:lol:

Ridiculous post.

Apart from the fact that you're almost certainly wrong – no black club managers in Brazil? Prove it – what the fuck is this supposed to prove?

:lol:

Ridiculous post.

So what do YOU think is proved by there having been no black Brazilian manager? What relevance does it have to the situation of black club managers in Britain? What, in short, is Merlin on about?

And as for "multicultural Brazil":

The idea that it's a "racial democracy'' has long been one of Brazil's most cherished myths. But ... Although Afro-Brazilians make up nearly half the population of 170 million, they make up 63 percent of the nation's poor and less than 16 percent of graduating university students last year, according to government figures.

The illiteracy rate for Afro-Brazilians is 26 percent, compared to 10 percent for whites. In the job market, things aren't much better. A black man earns on average 48 percent less than his white counterpart in the same job, according to the Sao Paulo State Socio-Economic Research Foundation, which monitors labor statistics.

Although racial discrimination is a crime, help-wanted ads often require ``good appearance'' - which is widely taken as code for white. ``Poverty in Brazil has a color,'' read an opinion article this week in the financial daily Gazeta Mercantil, considered Brazil's Wall Street Journal. ``From the racial viewpoint, Brazil and the USA are different - there, whites and blacks are equal but live separately; here, they are together but unequal.''

While soccer player Pele and pop star Gilberto Gil may be Brazil's multiracial face to the world, outside of sports and entertainment Afro-Brazilians find few opportunities. In Congress, only 12 of the 513 members of the Chamber of Deputies and two of the 81 senators are of African ancestry. None of Cardoso's cabinet ministers is black, and Afro-Brazilians are rare in top corporate or financial posts... A recent survey revealed that only 12 of the University of Brasilia's 1,400 professors and 80 of its 18,216 undergraduate students are Afro-Brazilians...

http://aad.english.ucsb.edu/docs/muello1.html

Merlin hasn't attempted to 'prove' anything. In fact he's made a post that's broadly in line with most others in this thread; that rather than being victims of racism the evidence suggests that black managers so far simply haven't been deemed good enough.

Fuck knows how that makes him or his post racist.

Guest Heneage

Jean Tigana was f***ing s***. 

Wait, he was black.  By s***, I meant f***ing amazing.

AHEM

Tigana won promotion for Fulham and a Turkish cup for Besiktas, their first in 8 years.

Guest Heneage

Jean Tigana was f***ing s***. 

Wait, he was black.  By s***, I meant f***ing amazing.

AHEM

Tigana won promotion for Fulham and a Turkish cup for Besiktas, their first in 8 years.

Phil Brown won promotion.

You said Tigana was shit for Fulham, he got them promoted, and won a case for wrongful dismissal, you probably can't see it though, with your racist glasses on and everything.

Kezman is touchy about racism, you know what the Italians are like for this sort of stuff. I think English clubs record of appointing black managers out strips the other countries European professional club easily.

Check out France multicultural world cup winning squad & let me know which of the blacks & whites that are retired are managing now:

1 GK Bernard Lama

2 DF Vincent Candela

3 DF Bixente Lizarazu

4 MF Patrick Vieira

5 DF Laurent Blanc

6 FW Youri Djorkaeff

7 MF Didier Deschamps

8 DF Marcel Desailly

9 FW Stéphane Guivarc'h

10 MF Zinedine Zidane

11 MF Robert Pirès

12 FW Thierry Henry

13 MF Bernard Diomède

14 MF Alain Boghossian

15 DF Lilian Thuram

16 GK Fabien Barthez

17 MF Emmanuel Petit

18 DF Frank Leboeuf

19 MF Christian Karembeu

20 FW David Trézéguet

21 FW Christophe Dugarry

22 GK Lionel Charbonnier

Of those retired black french players how many are actually qualified and applying for jobs as managers...?

...and how many wanted to take up coaching and managing?

Maybe there aren't more black players who actually want to become a coach or a manager? Who knows? :dontknow:

Of those retired black french players how many are actually qualified and applying for jobs as managers?

That is a unknown for us, unless you can use your journalistic powers of research & tell us? But we can with a little time  work out how many white or black chaps have taken up advantages of the doors that opened for being a WC winner.

Merlin hasn't attempted to 'prove' anything. In fact he's made a post that's broadly in line with most others in this thread; that rather than being victims of racism the evidence suggests that black managers so far simply haven't been deemed good enough.

f*** knows how that makes him or his post racist.

Dave(and plenty of others)have hit the spot that I was making - I will NOT respond any further to Mr Mandias' post - he isn't worth it.......

Guest Heneage

Of those retired black french players how many are actually qualified and applying for jobs as managers...?

...and how many wanted to take up coaching and managing?

Maybe there aren't more black players who actually want to become a coach or a manager? Who knows? :dontknow:

That was sort of my point....

If there aren't black players wanting to manage how can you expect there to be a lot of black managers.

Where did I mention Fulham in my original post?

RACIST!??!?!?

You said he was s***...

I've lost you now.  You're just being silly.

You said Jean Tigana was shit, I say he was not.

So, there have been no black managers of the Brazilian national team.

I ask again, what is that supposed to prove?

I have suggested two possible interpretations of Merlin's post. Perhaps he can tell us himself exactly what he was saying that was different.

Whatever his post was about, at least he didn't ludicrously mis-interpret a point and try to unfairly paint someone as a racist before ironically finishing with "Try engaging your brain before posting".