Total Sport

Guest BBC Total Sport

Guest BBC Total Sport

Right, second attempt (!) to tell you about a new sports show on BBC Newcastle this season with former Newcastle defender Steve Howey.

Total Sport is on air every weeknight between 17:30 and 19:30 with Howey, former Sunderland striker Marco Gabbiadini and BBC Newcastle's Simon Pryde.

Each night, we have the latest news and views from Newcastle and Sunderland, we also focus on Gateshead FC, non-league football, the Newcastle Falcons and Durham CCC and take a look at the rest of the day's sports news.

We take calls, texts and emails from listeners too - you can call us on 0191 232 65 65, text on 07786 200 954 or email at any time - [email protected]. We're also on Facebook, and you can become a fan by searching for 'BBC Newcastle Total Sport'. You can listen again to any show on the BBC iPlayer.

Shorter than usual show tomorrow (Wednesday) night - we finish at 7, then build up to commentary of the Sheffield Wednesday match. But we'd love to hear your thoughts ahead of the game tomorrow night - so feel free to get in touch with the programme.

We'll also try to answer any questions/comments on here.

Cheers,

Matt from Total Sport

Guest johnson293

Its on Radio Newcastle - and presume also available online (UK).

Not a bad show, apart from Simon Pryde and that mackem tw@t Gabbiadini!

At leats its better than listening to Slaven on the Leg-ends!

I listened in one night last week - seems OK. Prefer the Legends though - better craic (for me) Problem is with Radio Newcastle when they've had phone-in's in the past - calls are vetted before they get to air. Is this show any different?

Guest BBC Total Sport

Is this available on the Wireless or something fantasticly newfangled like the website? 

Yes! You can listen live to every show on the BBC Tyne or BBC Wear website. There is also a 'listen again' feature if you miss a show.

Matt

(BBC guidelines say I have to sign off each post with my name - apologies if it you find it annoying)

Guest BBC Total Sport

I listened in one night last week - seems OK. Prefer the Legends though - better craic (for me) Problem is with Radio Newcastle when they've had phone-in's in the past - calls are vetted before they get to air. Is this show any different?

We speak to the callers and find out what points they want to make before we put them on air.

But, we're happy to put most people on - as long as they have something decent to say!

Matt

Guest BBC Total Sport

Can we listen to it abroad? If not, why not, since i can listen to drivel on radio 1 if i want.

Yes mate, you can listen live or listen again to Total Sport anywhere in the world.

Matt

Can we listen to it abroad? If not, why not, since i can listen to drivel on radio 1 if i want.

Yes mate, you can listen live or listen again to Total Sport anywhere in the world.

Matt

Will give it a listen then, better not be shite.

Guest BBC Total Sport

We've got Graham Roberts from the Fanbase 410 consortium coming on the show live just after ten to six tonight (in about 10 minutes) - well worth a listen.

You can hear it on 95.4 FM in the North East, DAB digital radio, or anywhere in the world on the BBC Tyne website.

We're also after people's thoughts about last night's win - you can call on 0191 232 65 65, text on 07786 200 954 or email [email protected]

Cheers,

Matt from Total Sport

We've got Graham Roberts from the Fanbase 410 consortium coming on the show live just after ten to six tonight (in about 10 minutes) - well worth a listen.

You can hear it on 95.4 FM in the North East, DAB digital radio, or anywhere in the world on the BBC Tyne website.

We're also after people's thoughts about last night's win - you can call on 0191 232 65 65, text on 07786 200 954 or email [email protected]

Cheers,

Matt from Total Sport

i think roberts is doing this under ashleys direction, to try and bluff the other buyers.

Llambias is on now (What a cock).

Says they're unrealistic in terms of timeline - and are "way behind".

Moat negotiations described as "there or thereabouts" and "hopeful".

Guest BBC Total Sport

If you missed them earlier (or want to hear them again), you can listen to the interviews with Roberts and Llambias on the BBC iPlayer.

Go to the BBC Tyne website and click on the "listen again" button and select Total Sport.

Roberts is about 20 minutes in, Llambias is roughly 35 minutes in.

Matt from Total Sport