Dave you thread bumping c*nt.

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Stephen927

This all seems to be coming from Talksport at the moment, which let's be honest, is about as close to reality as a Harry Potter book. Won't believe a word of it till there's a more reliable source.

That's not to say I'm not crapping in my pants right now.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did walk away (in general, not now in particular). He's not the kind of guy to take any crap, expecting a transfer kitty of £15-20 on top of what he makes from sales is hardly unreasonable given he's supposed to be mounting a title challenge, and it's not as if he'll struggle to find a new job.

He acts as if he has never had a penny to spend, when he has spent and wasted fortunes.

More than Manchester United have spent in the same time period.

Really?

Over the past 5 years, not including this transfer window, Liverpool have spent £24m more than Man United.

They have indeed. Not that that says much at all. Do you remember the squad we had 5 years ago and the one they had? Fergie has only had to fine-tune his squad for over 10 years.

So Benetiz can't complain when he has been given a fair amount in comparison to his competitors.

What fair amount is this?

He has spent £224m in 5 years. Perhaps if he didn't waste his money on a overrated right back or on tosh like Dossena and Keane he might go places in the league.

This all seems to be coming from Talksport at the moment, which let's be honest, is about as close to reality as a Harry Potter book. Won't believe a word of it till there's a more reliable source.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did walk away (in general, not now in particular). He's not the kind of guy to take any crap, expecting a transfer kitty of £15-20 on top of what he makes from sales is hardly unreasonable given he's supposed to be mounting a title challenge, and it's not as if he'll struggle to find a new job.

He acts as if he has never had a penny to spend, when he has spent and wasted fortunes.

Really?

Over the past 5 years, not including this transfer window, Liverpool have spent £24m more than Man United.

They have indeed. Not that that says much at all. Do you remember the squad we had 5 years ago and the one they had? Fergie has only had to fine-tune his squad for over 10 years.

So Benetiz can't complain when he has been given a fair amount in comparison to his competitors.

He has spent £224m in 5 years. Perhaps if he didn't waste his money on a overrated right back or on tosh like Dossena and Keane he might go places in the league.

And his gross spend is still less than that of Chelsea, Man City and Spurs. Sunderland and NUFC spent £150m and £120m gross respectively over the same time frame.

We've gone from fighting against you for fourth to fighting Man Utd and Chelsea for first. I'd love to know what standards you're judging Rafa by here.

Guest Phil K

Talksport and half of Merseyside reckon he has. I wouldn't know though. I hope he has coz I'd love them c***s to drop like a stone.

Would delight me, TBH - I rate Benitez, and if Liverpuddle "drop like a stone" (they won't) we'd may begin to see that one of the national rag journo's favourite teams' fans aren't as "fiercely loyal - through hell and high water" (you know - the OPPOSITE of what they keep attacking us for) as they keep intoning.

Sadly, I think it's all bullsh*t - after all he's in thew process of signing someone else at this minute anyway.

he was giving a post match conference on sky last night...kind of leads me to believe he hadn't walked..:p

wouldn't surprise me if he did go, the american owners at liverpool are up to all sorts of dodgy stuff with finances and loans...

Really?

And his gross spend is still less than that of Chelsea, Man City and Spurs. Sunderland and NUFC spent £150m and £120m gross respectively over the same time frame.

We've gone from fighting against you for fourth to fighting Man Utd and Chelsea for first. I'd love to know what standards you're judging Rafa by here.

I keep hearing that you're the greatest team in the world though. Why do you need to spend more money?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Its alreet, the club's debt will catch up with them soon enough. Especially if they crash out of the Champions League or have a poor league season.

Its alreet, the club's debt will catch up with them soon enough. Especially if they crash out of the Champions League or have a poor league season.

I think H&G would sell the club if they couldn't service the debt.

I think Man Utd and Arsenal would be in a spot of bother, too, if they missed out on CL footie. The CL is worth a metric ton of cash.

I think Man Utd and Arsenal would be in a spot of bother, too, if they missed out on CL footie. The CL is worth a metric ton of cash.

they would want to sell the club but it is easier said than done.

Arsenal could survive without Champions League money, fact, it's been said on many occasions from people at different levels of the club.

they would want to sell the club but it is easier said than done.

Selling is easy. Getting the price they want is hard. Anyone offers £500m, H&G will bite their hand off, but if push comes to shove, they'll accept a lot less.

Arsenal could survive without Champions League money, fact, it's been said on many occasions from people at different levels of the club.

Survive, of course, but it would put a big crimp on transfers. Given Wenger's spendthrift ways, it'd affect Arsenal the least on theory. In practice, it'd probably come down to holding on to players first and foremost.

• 8 years later...

Sir Alex has to defend his title with a minus 50m budget, Arsenal minus 15m, Chelsea haven't spent tons as they have in the past. He should get on with it.

:lol: