Eight points better off...

Optimistic Nut

The last time we got promoted from this division I think we won our first 10 games. I don't think we finished champions even then ridiculous though that now seems.

of course we did.

To anyone who hasn't seen that season review, buy it or i'll make you a copy, brilliant season.

Wouldn't mind being two points worse off 92-93 after 11 games

This - there is no comparison between the situation of the club in 92-93 and today ; we started 92-93 in a settled situation both on AND off the field with a popular manager, motivated players and a settled board under a good Chairman. Nobody needs reminding how different things are today, with at least 3 players in the frame for a move if the right offer comes along and the club's future up in the air....

If indeed we are only 2 points worse off than we were after 11 matches in 92-93 , that will be the time to start some CAUTIOUS optimism...

Incidentally, we DID finish as Champions in 92-93 AND with a record points' goals total at that time.

Have some people forgotten that game with Leicester on May 9 1993, when we topped it all off by being presented with the Trophy and won 7-1 !????

The last time we got promoted from this division I think we won our first 10 games. I don't think we finished champions even then ridiculous though that now seems.

of course we did.

To anyone who hasn't seen that season review, buy it or i'll make you a copy, brilliant season.

Where can I buy these online? I'm in the USA and just updated my blu-ray player to allow dvd's from any region to be played. I've found 2002 to the present, but nothing earlier. They are pretty damn expensive too.

Guest Roger Kint

:dowie: :facepalm:

Guest Stephen927

Wow.

This.

How anyone can think we didn't win the league in 92/93 is beyond me.

Absolutely beyond me.

hells teeth, yes we did we actually won 11 out of 11, then lost to Grimsby at home with a stupid long rang effort from a lad called Jobson or Dobson.

Dave Bessent was in goal and had a canny game

Guest Stephen927

This.

How anyone can think we didn't win the league in 92/93 is beyond me.

Absolutely beyond me.

The year Sky took over football too, no excuses. I can forgive people getting things wrong before 1992, because football wasn't really real then, but after that it's just sickening.