Eight points better off...

Optimistic Nut

Guest Stephen927

This not ring a bell with anybody

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44360000/jpg/_44360561_keegantitle_pa.jpg

Nah, runners up that year.

Guest Phil K

I don't think we're playing well at all - but just able to get away with a helluva lot more in this league.

As long as Ashley DOESN'T do what I EXPECT him to do before Aug 31, I think we have a good chance of going straight back up.

We need a few more IN not a few more OUT.

The last time we got promoted from this division I think we won our first 10 games. I don't think we finished champions even then ridiculous though that now seems.

eh i was at every game, im certain we won the league,

Guest Stephen927

The last time we got promoted from this division I think we won our first 10 games. I don't think we finished champions even then ridiculous though that now seems.

We did...

We did...

i knew that just wanted to brag about seeing it all.

theres nothing in football like a promotion season, this one could be fantastic.

Guest Phil K

We won that league (known as Div 1 then) at Grimsby a couple of games before the end.

Finishing with the 7-1 win over Leicester.

Kevin. :fwap:

:smitten:

Never forget runnung across Grimsbys pitch and Putting my arms round Kev , tears in my eyes, telling him,..fucking brilliant kev... he just laughed, ' aye son'. he couldnt hide his delight either.

theres nothing in football like a promotion season, this one could be fantastic.

It wont be as good as that last one though. There was just something about it, a buzz, that I dont think will ever be re-created

It wont be as good as that last one though. There was just something about it, a buzz, that I dont think will ever be re-created

it was a special time.

If we can sort out the leardership, this could also be, we have a new generation of fans, who havent experienced a relegation, and the joy of the revival of a promtion campaign. with the posibilty of 50k crowds, and the bigger numbers you can take away, Im looking fwd to this season, more than i have since Bobby.....

but we need to get back in 1.

hells teeth, yes we did we actually won 11 out of 11, then lost to Grimsby at home with a stupid long rang effort from a lad called Jobson or Dobson.

Dave Bessent was in goal and had a canny game

From the top of my head it was Jim Dobbin and it was at home as well. Also, Beasant not Bessent - overrated.

I was at every match as well cp40, the best footballing memories of my life were contained in that season.....

...mackems singing where's your record gone at 1-1, then Liam'O stepped up....

....filling half of the Peterbrough ground with about 9,000 of us in the record breaking run...

...Notts County away watching a lad take 5 steps at a time, hurdle the ad hoarding and jump into Peacock's arms after his goal (one of our most underrated players ever, was wor Gav)...

.....dodge a good kicking at Miwawl..and somgside in the CC Cup....

....watching the Anglo-Italian cup game at Grimsby eating fish and chips on the terrace with literally another 20 people and offering giving Quinny a chip when he scored...

...being first in the queue and camping overnight for FA cup Blackburn ticket (spoke to John Hall who came to see us and KK)

...returning to Grimsby on that Tuesday night to watch us win it...

and THAT Leicester game (revenge for the disgraceful scenes down at Filbert St the season before which Bill Borrows the fucking twat blamed us for, Man City supporting cock end)...at which, I believe the Andy Cole made it's full debut.

That was a complete one off, memories that could not be recreated - any young'uns reading this create your memories and treasure them, I was 16 then and loved it.

hells teeth, yes we did we actually won 11 out of 11, then lost to Grimsby at home with a stupid long rang effort from a lad called Jobson or Dobson.

From the top of my head it was Jim Dobbin and it was at home as well. Also, Beasant not Bessent - overrated.

I was at every match as well cp40, the best footballing memories of my life were contained in that season.....

Im on the famous photo of the goal

....filling half of the Peterbrough ground with about 9,000 of us in the record breaking run...

watched from halway up the floodlight while Gimp was dying at the back of the stand

...Notts County away watching a lad take 5 steps at a time, hurdle the ad hoarding and jump into Peacock's arms after his goal (one of our most underrated players ever, was wor Gav)...

just an absolutly brilliant away day,

....dodge a good kicking at Miwawl..and somgside in the CC Cup....

My lass at the tiime got bitten by a police dog at the tube station

....watching the Anglo-Italian cup game at Grimsby eating fish and chips on the terrace with literally another 20 people and offering giving Quinny a chip when he scored...

...being first in the queue and camping overnight for FA cup Blackburn ticket (spoke to John Hall who came to see us and KK)

was sitting outside the east stand with deck chairs + cans when the pubs emptied and mayhem ensued, looked like Deck chair hell the next morning, skips full of smashed chairs, quite funny.

great memories, on the pitch with my 30ft CHAMPIONS banner

and THAT Leicester game (revenge for the disgraceful scenes down at Filbert St the season before which Bill Borrows the fucking twat blamed us for, Man City supporting cock end)...at which, I believe the Andy Cole made it's full debut.

6-0 at half time man, we were a good side .

That was a complete one off, memories that could not be recreated - any young'uns reading this create your memories and treasure them, I was 16 then and loved it.

I would have been 25, and it was my last season as a free man,  moved in with my pregnant lass during the first season in the Prem...life would never be the same again, great days.

Im on the famous photo of the goal

watched from halway up the floodlight while Gimp was dying at the back of the stand

just an absolutly brilliant away day,

....dodge a good kicking at Miwawl..and somgside in the CC Cup....

My lass at the tiime got bitten by a police dog at the tube station

was sitting outside the east stand with deck chairs + cans when the pubs emptied and mayhem ensued, looked like Deck chair hell the next morning, skips full of smashed chairs, quite funny.

great memories, on the pitch with my 30ft CHAMPIONS banner

and THAT Leicester game (revenge for the disgraceful scenes down at Filbert St the season before which Bill Borrows the f***ing t*** blamed us for, Man City supporting cock end)...at which, I believe the Andy Cole made it's full debut.

6-0 at half time man, we were a good side .

I would have been 25, and it was my last season as a free man,  moved in with my pregnant lass during the first season in the Prem...life would never be the same again, great days.

Shame I'm in Australia or I would have asked to meet for a pint as the lads I spent that time with don't get to the matches any more.

I've still got one of the lightbulbs from The Baseball ground from the 4-1 defeat in the nearly relegation season and Clarkies shirt when he threw it into the crowd against Leicester.

Had some good times after that, but you're right once the missus and kids come along, things change....

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Ha ha, I remember that. Peacock's legs nearly buckled under the weight.

• 3 weeks later...