Matthew Kilgallon

BONTEMPI

Newcastle looking to land Sheffield United defender Matthew Kilgallon

Last modified 02:57 20/08/09 Mirror Football

Recommend

Newcastle United are lining up Sheffield United centre half Matthew Kilgallon - in case they have to sell Steven Taylor before the deadline.

England under-21 star Taylor is attracting major interest and may go if an auction starts to take the price to around £7 million.

And the managerless Geordies have made a serious inquiry for Kilgallon, whose contract is in its final year at their Championship rivals.

Kilgallon is already fancied by Scottish giants Celtic and seems sure to move rather than quit Bramall Lane on a free next summer - with the Toon's negotiators keen to buy at £2 million-plus to leave them with a big profit on the Taylor deal.

I wouldn't mind but he's my wifes half-brother and personally I don't rate him.

Guest Stephen927

Was Sheffield Uniteds player of the year last season.

Can't say I've seen enough of him recently to have much of an opinion.

Hughton being allowed to move for players then?

I personally think we need two centre-backs, regardless of whether Taylor goes or not. Campbell and Kilgallon would be good... haven't seen much of this lad but he's been highly rated at both Leeds and Sheff Utd.

Newcastle looking to land Sheffield United defender Matthew Kilgallon

Last modified 02:57 20/08/09 Mirror Football

Recommend

Newcastle United are lining up Sheffield United centre half Matthew Kilgallon - in case they have to sell Steven Taylor before the deadline.

England under-21 star Taylor is attracting major interest and may go if an auction starts to take the price to around £7 million.

And the managerless Geordies have made a serious inquiry for Kilgallon, whose contract is in its final year at their Championship rivals.

Kilgallon is already fancied by Scottish giants Celtic and seems sure to move rather than quit Bramall Lane on a free next summer - with the Toon's negotiators keen to buy at £2 million-plus to leave them with a big profit on the Taylor deal.

I wouldn't mind but he's my wifes half-brother and personally I don't rate him.

wouldnt mind what?

mate of mine works for a national newspaper, and is always amazed how much people believe the papers sports departments..

usually its 3 or 4 people recycling internet rumours and nicking stories from other papers and blatently making up stuff to get hits and to fill columns..mind you I'm a natural cynic :)

(watch us sign this lad now!)

mate of mine works for a national newspaper, and is always amazed how much people believe the papers sports departments..

usually its 3 or 4 people recycling internet rumours and nicking stories from other papers and blatently making up stuff to get hits and to fill columns..mind you I'm a natural cynic :)

(watch us sign this lad now!)

Really? ffs..  :facepalm: