Keegan's Latest Return To Football

Skirge

Guest The Libertine

There's some real bairns on here who think it's cool to criticise people who have done more for this club than you could dare imagine.

Keegan knew what was wrong and tried to do something about it - the powers that be ignored him and this is where we've ended up. What he said was right, what he predicted came true and yet the mongs still have a pop.

I bet the same people were those booing Robson and those who hero-worship Nile Ranger.

Grow up man.

:lol:

Are you actually capable of putting a response together without calling those that disagree with you? I'm grown up, I don't call someone a 'mong' just because they disagree with me.

The man is an absolute legend and has achieved more at this football club than some Newcastle managers can only dream of, doesn't mean I'm gonna roll over and hail the 'Messiah' because he abandoned us. He made mistakes, we all do. It's wrong to ignore his mistakes because of what he achieved.

Oh, and for the record, I was gutted when Robson left and I haven't jumped on the Ranger band wagon so that blows that theory straight out the water. Nice try.

well said.

Love him to bits but we'd still be in the premiership if he hadnt walked.

What price 'principles' eh?

Or if Ashley had actually ran the club properly with the 35 games we had remaining. ;)

Both to blame.

Another example of no middle ground.

I've always said Keegan should take part of the blame, but a very small part if that.

And many people would claim that you're showing disrespect to him by saying that ;)

Not me mate. Its when people start calling him a bottling cunt etc etc is when its disrepectful

There's some real bairns on here who think it's cool to criticise people who have done more for this club than you could dare imagine.

Keegan knew what was wrong and tried to do something about it - the powers that be ignored him and this is where we've ended up. What he said was right, what he predicted came true and yet the mongs still have a pop.

I bet the same people were those booing Robson and those who hero-worship Nile Ranger.

Grow up man.

Are you actually capable of putting a response together without calling those that disagree with you? I'm grown up, I don't call someone a 'mong' just because they disagree with me.

The man is an absolute legend and has achieved more at this football club than some Newcastle managers can only dream of, doesn't mean I'm gonna roll over and hail the 'Messiah' because he abandoned us. He made mistakes, we all do. It's wrong to ignore his mistakes because of what he achieved.

Oh, and for the record, I was gutted when Robson left and I haven't jumped on the Ranger band wagon so that blows that theory straight out the water. Nice try.

well said.

Some of the things said about KK are way over childish in the first place, provoking an arsey repsonse. 

It's disgraceful the amount of abuse that Keegan gets on here.

Agreed.

It's almost as bad as the blind faith some have in him that he could never, ever do anything wrong.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

its worse.

my faith is Blind where KK is concerned.

untill he does something equal but  negative ,as all the good things he did here.

Guest iliketoonarmy

Love him to bits but we'd still be in the premiership if he hadnt walked.

What price 'principles' eh?

Or if Ashley had actually ran the club properly with the 35 games we had remaining. ;)

Both to blame.

Another example of no middle ground.

I've always said Keegan should take part of the blame, but a very small part if that.

Agree. For me the blame goes 60% to Ashley, 10% Keegan, 10% Owen, 15% the rest of the players and 5% tha fans.

mental.

Ok, Howard Webb shares 2% of it.

Grow up man.

I say "grow up" because I refuse to believe that anyone who was here during Keegans first and/or second spells at the club could ever say some of the things that are said on here about Keegan. It's not only disrespectful but also childish.

You say he 'abandoned' us. Tell me what his alternative was? He evidently had spent months where people had been ripping the piss out of him behind the scenes while he faced the media. Players were signed that he had no idea about, and it was KK who had to talk about them to the press. People were appointed above his head and he had to make out that he was happy with it. He wanted players in positions where they were quite obviously required, and didn't get them, instead getting nomarks on massive wages who clearly weren't up to playing in the Premiership.

What was he supposed to do after all that? Bend over and let the club do what the fuck they wanted to him?

Everyone has a breaking point. I think it's remarkable he lasted as long as he did.

Grow up man.

I say "grow up" because I refuse to believe that anyone who was here during Keegans first and/or second spells at the club could ever say some of the things that are said on here about Keegan. It's not only disrespectful but also childish.

You say he 'abandoned' us. Tell me what his alternative was? He evidently had spent months where people had been ripping the piss out of him behind the scenes while he faced the media. Players were signed that he had no idea about, and it was KK who had to talk about them to the press. People were appointed above his head and he had to make out that he was happy with it. He wanted players in positions where they were quite obviously required, and didn't get them, instead getting nomarks on massive wages who clearly weren't up to playing in the Premiership.

What was he supposed to do after all that? Bend over and let the club do what the fuck they wanted to him?

Everyone has a breaking point. I think it's remarkable he lasted as long as he did.

Larv it.

What was he supposed to do after all that? Bend over and let the club do what the f*** they wanted to him?

Well said mate.

The Keegan-bashing by some of our support boils my piss.

Grow up man.

well said.

Some of the things said about KK are way over childish in the first place, provoking an arsey repsonse.  

Exactly, the genuine piss-taking out of him & smugness is cringe-worthy.

Guest Brummiemag

What was he supposed to do after all that? Bend over and let the club do what the f*** they wanted to him?

Well said mate.

Spot on.

I'm confident that the people on this forum who slag Keegan off, represent a tiny minority of newcastle fans

I'll add nmy support to those like bowlingcrofty, who show respect to an individual who has no more for our club than any other person in modern times.

No one said the man was perfect, but if you think he betrayed us by leaving when he did then please just stop and take one look at the incompetence that was operating above him.

Well said mate.

Exactly. What a disgrace I am, how dare I slag Keegan off saying something like that?

Guest Roger Kint

Getting back to the actual topic, does it seem like Kev is going to be a permanent panellist on ESPN ?

Only if ESPN back him and show some ambition.

Havent they already brought in Ian Wright behind his back?

Love how people just spout emotional bollocks then people line up to 'love the post'.

"People were ripping the piss out of him behind his back"? On what basis is this statement made?

"Players were being signed behind his back"? Thought everyone had been telling me that Bassong, Guthrie etc were his signings and he approved Jonas, Colo etc. A big thing has been made of how Bassong was Keegan's signing.

"People were appointed above his head"? He is on record saying he knew about Dennis Wise before he joined and was fine by that.

"He wanted players in positions that he couldnt get"? :lol: Aye, it was a fucking left-back if you remember because he didnt rate Enrique, the best player on our books for some.

But aye, thats a fucking great post, even if every single point made in it is shit.

He left because of club politics and because once there was a dispute between Keegan and Wise, Ashley left the decision to Lambias. End of fucking story.

Guest Roger Kint

Love how people just spout emotional bollocks then people line up to 'love the post'.

"People were ripping the piss out of him behind his back"? On what basis is this statement made?

"Players were being signed behind his back"? Thought everyone had been telling me that Bassong, Guthrie etc were his signings and he approved Jonas, Colo etc. A big thing has been made of how Bassong was Keegan's signing.

"People were appointed above his head"? He is on record saying he knew about Dennis Wise before he joined and was fine by that.

"He wanted players in positions that he couldnt get"? :lol: Aye, it was a f***ing left-back if you remember because he didnt rate Enrique, the best player on our books for some.

But aye, thats a f***ing great post, even if every single point made in it is s***.

He left because of club politics and because once there was a dispute between Keegan and Wise, Ashley left the decision to Lambias. End of f***ing story.

Tin hat time ;D

Guest The Libertine

"He wanted players in positions that he couldnt get"? :lol: Aye, it was a fucking left-back if you remember because he didnt rate Enrique, the best player on our books for some.

But aye, thats a fucking great post, even if every single point made in it is shit.

He left because of club politics and because once there was a dispute between Keegan and Wise, Ashley left the decision to Lambias. End of fucking story.

you'll regret talking sense. its all downhill from here.

Damn Keegan-bashers.