La Liga 09/10

Mr. Snrub

One of Barça's vice-presidents has admitted to hiring a detective agency to follow and investigate other fellow board members for "their own safety".

Since we have elections at the end of the season, it's understood it might have been used to gather damning information about potential rivals for the presidency. People's already calling it "Barçagate".

Can't wait to get rid of the current board...

Really??! I'll admit I'm not familiar with the politics at Barca, but it seems as though things are going relatively well. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest prestonj1989

Really good game on at the moment. Sevilla 1 - 0 Real Madrid. Madrid very lucky to only be one goal down. Currently half time.

Athletic's forward Muniain became today the youngest player ever to score in La Liga with 16 years and 289 days. His goal was also worth a point for Bilbao  :clap:

How do Athletic survive in the modern age of football? No foreign players and they only recruit Spanish players of a certain region. I've said it before, but I'm amazed that they continue to thrive.

Athletic's forward Muniain became today the youngest player ever to score in La Liga with 16 years and 289 days. His goal was also worth a point for Bilbao  :clap:

How do Athletic survive in the modern age of football? No foreign players and they only recruit Spanish players of a certain region. I've said it before, but I'm amazed that they continue to thrive.

Well, they have mostly been a lower midtable team since the arrival of the modern era, when they used to be the third giant in the Spanish league. But I'm also chuffed to see them hanging on there, and managing the odd good run (playing in Europa League this season after making it to the Cup final). Basque country has always been one of the most fertile places for football in Spain (there aren't many basques in the Spanish NT right now, but they used to be the backbone of the team), so they do have talent available, their youth setup is great. They also take (deservedly) great pride on their selection rules, and I haven't met any Bilbao fan that wouldn't rather see his team relegated that signing a non-basque player.

I just checked and they are still third in the all-time La Liga table, although Valencia will probably overtake them this season.

By the way, the Real Madrid loving c*nts at Marca.com have started to post comprehensive video footage from the different La Liga games. Right now in their front page there is a reel with all the goals of the weekend  :thup:

(under "ANALISIS/LA BANDA DE LA LIGA")

• 2 weeks later...

Atlético are such a broken toy...

Xerez scored their first ever top flight win 2-1 against Villarreal, and the ref reported that Pirès called him "motherfucker" at the end of the game  :lol:

What the hell is up with Villareal? I see they are bottom of the table. I understand they lost their manager and are not the team they once were, but that is insane.