La Liga 09/10

Mr. Snrub

This has been expected for almost a year now:

Thierry Henry leaves Barcelona for New York Red Bulls

France striker Thierry Henry has signed for Major League Soccer side New York Red Bulls from Barcelona on a "multi-year contract".

The former Arsenal captain, 32, is expected to make his debut for Red Bulls in a friendly against Tottenham in the United States on 22 July.

Henry signed for Barcelona in 2007 and had one year remaining on his contract but the club agreed to let him leave.

Henry said: "This marks an exciting new chapter in my career and life."

More to follow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8820649.stm

sad

just give it up terry - if you love football that much drop your wages and go and play for a hometown or favourite team in France

:mackems:

Yeah, how disgusting of him, getting a big fat paycheque to live in New York City.  What a horrible little man.

Barça's accounts are being audited (regular procedure after a change in the presidency), and the results will be reported in a couple weeks or so, so we'll see exactly what our financial health is.

Our finacial vice-president says that we still have €50m for signings (taking into account sales and purchases so far), which probably rules Cesc out. But net spending figures like the ones in the past years are simply unsustainable.

This has been expected for almost a year now:

Thierry Henry leaves Barcelona for New York Red Bulls

France striker Thierry Henry has signed for Major League Soccer side New York Red Bulls from Barcelona on a "multi-year contract".

The former Arsenal captain, 32, is expected to make his debut for Red Bulls in a friendly against Tottenham in the United States on 22 July.

Henry signed for Barcelona in 2007 and had one year remaining on his contract but the club agreed to let him leave.

Henry said: "This marks an exciting new chapter in my career and life."

More to follow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8820649.stm

sad

just give it up terry - if you love football that much drop your wages and go and play for a hometown or favourite team in France

Henry is so finished he probably couldn't even cut it in Ligue 1 tbh.

He might aswell take a massive pay cheque and be a star in the MLS.

Guest neesy111

Barça's accounts are being audited (regular procedure after a change in the presidency), and the results will be reported in a couple weeks or so, so we'll see exactly what our financial health is.

Our finacial vice-president says that we still have €50m for signings (taking into account sales and purchases so far), which probably rules Cesc out. But net spending figures like the ones in the past years are simply unsustainable.

I hear madrid's finances aren't that good at the moment as well!

Seems to me La Liga has hit the point Serie A did 6-7 years ago

Guest neesy111

Apparently it's Barcelona v Valencia opening weekend.

Those were leaked yesterday, La Liga said they were fake.

Guess we'll find out soon....

Guest neesy111

Excellent, me and my mates have a very good holiday lined up.

Barcelona v Mallorca, Whiskey Live Festival & to see Regal Barcelona v LA Lakers!

Can't wait

Málaga's new Qatari owner has come out and said he intends to have Málaga playing the EL in two years and the CL in five.

He has replaced the manager with Jesualdo Ferreira from Porto, but hasn't really flashed the cash yet, though.

Would they be interested in a proven goalscorer with over a decade of Premiership experience? A player who has single-handedly scored more goals in European competition than his current club's fiercest rivals...

Can be their spearhead for a bargain €4mil

They will appeal, but given their predicament it's unlikely unless a regular tribunal overrules UEFA.

Today they have presented an ERE (I don't know the English equivalent), which is what companies in crisis do in order to seek permission from the authorities to fire employees without paying them in full in order to balance the books. Rumor is that a few players are affected.

If they don't go, Villarreal will net their spot.

Probably they would have had the same problems with UEFA, but if they made the group stages most surely not.

Their debt isn't stratospheric (60m), just that a lot of it is short term and they can't refinance.

There were rumours here that Nadal would cover some of their debts?

Probably they would have had the same problems with UEFA, but if they made the group stages most surely not.

Their debt isn't stratospheric (€60m), just that a lot of it is short term and they can't refinance.

There were rumours here that Nadal would cover some of their debts?

There was talk that he would become a shareholder and even enter the board, but I don't know if that's finalised or what amount is he supposed to put in.

Our new board revealed the results of the audit today. According to them we lost €77m last season, and we are €550m in debt. Apparently the main point of contention is that the Laporta board included some future revenue (TV, sponsorships, etc...) in the accounts of last year (and possibly the years before that).

Actually not as bad as I thought, as ludicrous as it may look. But hopefully Rosell will be more sane than Laporta.