La Liga 09/10

Mr. Snrub

He was signed as a direct replacement for Dani Alves wasn't he?

Didn't stand a chance from the start really if that's the case. Now they have Stankevicius and have signed Dabo, so I think he's expendable now.

Interesting, five clubs involved in the relegation fight from our Second Division have asked La Liga to change its rules so teams are banned of fielding players from their reserve sides during the last 5 games of the season, unless forced by injury.

This comes after Numancia (midtable second division team) played with 8 boys from their reserve side and surrendered 3 points against relegation-threatened Real Unión.

Málaga about to be sold to a relative of the Emir of Qatar for €25m. They are currently owned by Fernando Sanz, who famously bought the club a few years ago while he was the team captain.

I have been to some Málaga forums and they are fantasizing about being the new Chelsea or ManCity... For some reason I don't think it will be the case...

Regarding promotion to our first division, it's pretty tight:

1) Real Sociedad 68

2) Levante 68

3) Betis 64

-----------------------

4) Cartagena 64

5) Hércules 61 (1 game in hand)

6) Villarreal B 60 (not eligible)

7) Elche 60

With 3 games remaining.

Pretty shambolic that we're still playing the regular season with the WC just two weeks away. Some of these teams have lost players. Our FA is just useless, useless.

And for our promotion to the second flight...

Ponferradina and Granada are already promoted, the remaining two spots for our second division will come out of these playoffs:

· Pontevedra - Alcorcón

· Universidad LPGC - Sant Andreu

· Ontinyent - Eibar

· Real Jaén - Barcelona Atlètic

I'm personally not in favor of B teams being eligible for promotion to our second division, very much prefer a real club get that slot. But I'll be rooting for Barça Atlètic naturally. Hopefully Sant Andreu makes it though. We need more Catalan teams in La Liga.

UEFA have denied Villarreal an Europa League spot. They finished 7th in the League and since Atlético and Sevilla (the cup finalists) are both already qualified for Europe, they asked the cup spot to go to the league.

Seems daft, who is the spot going to? Its how it normally happens in England.

UEFA have denied Villarreal an Europa League spot. They finished 7th in the League and since Atlético and Sevilla (the cup finalists) are both already qualified for Europe, they asked the cup spot to go to the league.

Atlético qualified via winning the Europa League and finished 11th, though. I guess that's the difference.

Regarding promotion to our first division, it's pretty tight:

1) Real Sociedad 68

2) Levante 68

3) Betis 64

-----------------------

4) Cartagena 64

5) Hércules 61 (1 game in hand)

6) Villarreal B 60 (not eligible)

7) Elche 60

With 3 games remaining.

Pretty shambolic that we're still playing the regular season with the WC just two weeks away. Some of these teams have lost players. Our FA is just useless, useless.

And for our promotion to the second flight...

Ponferradina and Granada are already promoted, the remaining two spots for our second division will come out of these playoffs:

· Pontevedra - Alcorcón

· Universidad LPGC - Sant Andreu

· Ontinyent - Eibar

· Real Jaén - Barcelona Atlètic

I'm personally not in favor of B teams being eligible for promotion to our second division, very much prefer a real club get that slot. But I'll be rooting for Barça Atlètic naturally. Hopefully Sant Andreu makes it though. We need more Catalan teams in La Liga.

Really hope Cartagena wins. It's really close to my dad's appartment in Spain. Would be cool to have a La liga outfit so close.

Atlético qualified via winning the Europa League and finished 11th, though. I guess that's the difference.

winners of Europa qualified anyway though I thought. Sure the media here said that

Barça Atlètic and Sant Andreu have qualified for the promotion playoff finals to our Second Division :)

Alcorcón and Ontinyent are the other two teams that qualified. Draw is tomorrow I think.

Sant Andreu and Barcelona Atlètic got paired, so that means a local derby and another Barcelona team in La Liga next season. Hope Sant Andreu wins since they are the real team although if Luís Enrique pulls it off for Barça B I won't be very pissed.

Barça Atlètic and Sant Andreu have qualified for the promotion playoff finals to our Second Division :)

Alcorcón and Ontinyent are the other two teams that qualified. Draw is tomorrow I think.

Sant Andreu and Barcelona Atlètic got paired, so that means a local derby and another Barcelona team in La Liga next season. Hope Sant Andreu wins since they are the real team although if Luís Enrique pulls it off for Barça B I won't be very pissed.

I was under the impression a club's A-side and B-side can't play in the same division?

Putting my Euro bets on for next season, going for a couple of longshots in Borrusia Dortmund, PSG and Napoli each way. Need a La Liga team to complete my bet.

I'm pretty confident no one's gonna break into the top 2 but i like the look of Bilbao at 22/1 to finish 3rd.

Obviously Valencia, Sevilla and Ath Madrid are expected to finish above them but do they have any chance at all? And how important is it that they keep Javi Martinez?

There's absolutely no chance that Bilbao will finish 3rd. They are an upper midtable team with an outside chance to make EL spots, and nothing else, due to their limited player pool. Javi Martínez has been the lynchpin of their midfield and is expected to progress more, but really it won't happen. They haven't finished 3rd since the 1980s...

Mallorca were another one i looked at who were a big price, but with their financial future uncertain i guess most of the players who helped them to a good finish this year will be leaving?

There don't seem to be many lively outsiders, teams like Villarreal, Depor and Espanyol seem to be getting weaker every year, Valencia are selling Villa and Silva and probably won't replace them, and it looks like Sevilla and A Madrid are nailed on for 3rd and 4th (depending on what Valencia do in the transfer market).

Shame how predictable its becoming, but still beats the EPL for overall quality

All teams not named Barcelona and Real Madrid (supposedly) are on the verge of financial collapse, so there's going to be no spending and much less catching up. Valencia and Atlético are pretty fucked. Sevilla are quite healthy and they are getting CL football again, but so far the transfer window isn't looking good with Luís Fabiano, Adriano, Navas... linked to moves out (again they always seem to replace those big players when they lose them).

So yes, it's going to be boring. We'll see what happens with the strife at the LFP between the big and the small teams though.

Quite an eventful day today. Sandro Rosell has - expectedly - won the FC Barcelona election. May God give him wisdom and silverware. Meanwhile, Real Sociedad and Levante have been promoted to first division. Looking forward seeing the txuri-urdin back where they belong :thup: Betis and Hércules will fight out the remaining spot, they are tied at 68 points with one game remaining and Hércules holds the head-to-head.

Quite an eventful day today. Sandro Rosell has - expectedly - won the FC Barcelona election. May God give him wisdom and silverware. Meanwhile, Real Sociedad and Levante have been promoted to first division. Looking forward seeing the txuri-urdin back where they belong :thup: Betis and Hércules will fight out the remaining spot, they are tied at 68 points with one game remaining and Hércules holds the head-to-head.

Yay, delighted Sociedad are back. That Nihat-Kovacevic partnership was when I first really started watching La Liga at all, they really should have won the league that year.