Peterborough vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Thread - CC - 22/09/09 - 7:45 KO

Crumpy Gunt

Guest toonlass

Krul

R Taylor  Colo  Taylor  Kadar

Geremi    Smith  Guthrie LuaLua 

Ranger  Loven

I would only play Geremi cos we don't really have anyone else.

I think the definites to start this one will be Krul, Kadar, Butt, Lua-Lua, Lovenkrands and Ranger. Oh and Enrique because there's nobody else. Probably put Coloccini in and rest Taylor, if Simpson's fucked it'll have to be R Taylor at right back, then I'd put Barton in with Butt mainly because he doesn't deserve a rest. Be amazed if Geremi can move tomorrow if he managed 90 today, but him or Guthrie on the right.

The Carling Cup is nothing to us, meanwhile the league is absolutely everything - and there's a monster fixture pile-up which our threadbare squad is gonna struggle to cope with. I wouldn't complain if we fielded the entire Under-18 team. Apart from Lovenkrands and Carroll... be good to keep their match fitness on the go.

Would love to see Ferguson at left back, and Kadar in the middle. Hope Vuckic can get a start, and a couple of youngsters coming of the bench, like Donaldson, Baheng and the young Aussie.

Aye fk it changed my mind, we cannot risk injury, we need league form not cup runs.

-----------------Krul

Rtay------Zurab--------Tozer------Kadar

Lov-------Butt---------Vuckic--------Lua

----------------Danquah

----------------Ranger

BENCH

Harper

Colo

Lough

Barton

Inman

Ferguson

Baheng

Guest toonlass

I think its one of those games that you would like to see us win for the confidence of the lads, but to be honest, in the long run probably isn't the most important game of our season.

Bit strange that we haven't postponed the reserve game on Monday bearing in mind most of the reserve team will be on duty at Peterborough.

If i was picking the team i'd go for a bit of a new line up and play the following,  play the 4-2-3-1 formation that Liverpool use

KRUL

GEREMI    COLO    SIMPSON  KADAR

BUTT    BARTON or DONALDSON

LUA LUA      VUKCIC        BAHENG

LOVENKRANDS

subs Harper, Tozer, Tavernier, Inman, Nolan, Guthrie & Ranger

Can't see Hughton doing it tho, but think that team would work well,  Butt & Barton to sit and protect and let the youth and energy of the 3 young lads to support lovenkrands.

Since when does Butt protect? What does Butt have to do before people realise he's the key to staying in this division, long term?

It's a cup match, who honestly gives a fuck if he plays? He has to sometime.

Since when does Butt protect? What does Butt have to do before people realise he's the key to staying in this division, long term?

have we played better when he's been out ?

At least we're winning when he's out.

Krul

Taylor Taylor Kadar Enrique (have we got another LB?)

Geremi Butt Vuckic LuaLua

Ranger Donaldson

Krul

Ranger Donaldson

the performances should prove that it's not "because" he's out though.

Krul

Ranger Donaldson

the performances should prove that it's not "because" he's out though.

Didn't see the game yesterday or the one on Wednesday, so I can't really comment on them, but it's a fact that Butt is a woeful player and I would imagine that he brings the rest of team down when he's playing.

From listening to the radio on Wednesday, it sounded like they had a lot of shots from the area which Butt should have been protecting, something that any other team hasn't been able to do while Smith's been playing.

its a cup game, i'd much prefer Butt playing than risking Smith, Guthrie and Nolan before Ipswich.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul

R.Taylor    Taylor    Tozer      Kadar

Lua Lua    Barton    Vuckic      Geremi

Ranger    Lovenkrands

Give Lovenkrands a cup game to get his match fitness up.

Subs- Harper, Coloccini, Enrique, Butt, Geremi, Donaldson, Carroll