Marlon Harewood

Dave

I remember a spell in a couple of weeks around that time when we faced Man Utd, Arsenal and Marseillie and drew with each team. Woodgate was outstanding in all games as Drogba, Van Nistelrooy and Henry were all extremely quiet in each game.

The Man U game was just after christmas

Daft thing was we kept a clean sheet at Old Trafford in January and at home to Arsenal in April and the only one in between was a fairly pointless return leg in Mallorca where we already led 4-1 and they played the reserves.

Another game where Woodgate was outstanding was away at Villa after O'Brien got sent off, although that was against a much shitter strike force.

Was it not that Villa game where he did his hamstring?

I remember a spell in a couple of weeks around that time when we faced Man Utd, Arsenal and Marseillie and drew with each team. Woodgate was outstanding in all games as Drogba, Van Nistelrooy and Henry were all extremely quiet in each game.

The Man U game was just after christmas

Daft thing was we kept a clean sheet at Old Trafford in January and at home to Arsenal in April and the only one in between was a fairly pointless return leg in Mallorca where we already led 4-1 and they played the reserves.

Another game where Woodgate was outstanding was away at Villa after O'Brien got sent off, although that was against a much shitter strike force.

Was it not that Villa game where he did his hamstring?

Bellamy done his hamstring in the Villa game.

I reckon the number 9 should be respected, call it meaningless but it's nice to have a little tradition.

We don't have to wear black and white stripes next season but there'd be uproar if we didn't.  :cheesy:

A nice little tradition? It's a load of mythical bullshit. We've had some absolute dross wear it over the years, just since we've had Andy Cole we've been spoilt in that respect.

Yes tradition, you are aware tradition can start at any time in history?  The number is always heavily associated with Newcastle anyway and its not surprising considering those who have wore it.

Best player I've seen in black and white wore number 8.

Guest Roger Kint

Didn't Taylor pick '27' because of Woodgate? I've warmed to the lad in the last 6 months but that's absolutely f***ing embarrassing

Bit of Albert as well maybe?

I reckon the number 9 should be respected, call it meaningless but it's nice to have a little tradition.

We don't have to wear black and white stripes next season but there'd be uproar if we didn't.  :cheesy:

A nice little tradition? It's a load of mythical bullshit. We've had some absolute dross wear it over the years, just since we've had Andy Cole we've been spoilt in that respect.

Yes tradition, you are aware tradition can start at any time in history?  The number is always heavily associated with Newcastle anyway and its not surprising considering those who have wore it.

Best player I've seen in black and white wore number 8.

damn right  :thup:

Woodgate was a legend. the only time I can remember him having a rough ride was when he was playing for Leeds against the toon. he came up against an inspired #9 shirt that day. Freshly laundered and crsiply ironed, the shirt was on fire that day, creasing this way and that, sending Woodgate into a flap with the fumes of Comfort pure ( 2 for 1 special deal at Asda).

Harewood no 10

NEWCASTLE United have completed the loan signing of Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood.

The 30-year-old, who will wear squad No.10, arrived at the club's North Tyneside headquarters this morning before putting the finishing touches to a three-month deal.

Harewood will train with his new team-mates today before travelling with the squad to Suffolk for this weekend's Championship clash against Ipswich Town.

The Londoner has netted 119 goals from 305 career starts, his most fruitful spell coming during a four-year stay at West Ham when he found the back of the net 56 times.

f***ing hell man, Woodgate is a drunken c*** of a human being who had 1 1/2 good seasons with us. You'd think he was Paulo f***ing Maldini with 15 years in black and white. Taylor shouldn't be trying to emulate anyone, make your own career without that stupid b****** as a template.

Had one and half good seasons?  He was only here for one and a half seasons and barring injuries was absolute quality, head and shoulders above everyone else.

Plus didn't Taylor chose the number because of Albert?

Didn't Taylor pick '27' because of Woodgate? I've warmed to the lad in the last 6 months but that's absolutely f***ing embarrassing

Bit of Albert as well maybe?

Fairly certain he chose it because of Albert. Remember reading an article on it somewhere after he'd been offered a different number but didn't want to switch because of the Albert influence.

Guest Roger Kint

If Marlon harewood starts ahead of Nile Ranger the management want shooting !  :angry:

Disagree.

Ranger will have his time, we need goals regularly tbh and Harewood is a better option at present.