Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Guest Heneage

I've heard he's good and City fans rave about him, can't honestly say I've watched him more than once and that was for his country against the Czechs.

Hugo Colace ended up at Barnsley? How did that happen? He was class for the Argentinian Youth teams!

yep, captain of the Argentinian U-23 team, then played in Brazil for Flamengo where he won the Brazilian title. Then ended up at Barnsley  :icon_scratch: .....still only 25. Not sure if he ever played alongside Colo or Gutierrez before.

http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10309~43747,00.html

Colo was having little chit-chat with Colace on the way off the pitch, whether they know each other or not I dunno.

Both him and de Silva looked good on the ball yesterday but never did much with it, from looking at the Barnsley forums they don't seem to rate either of them that highly.

Guest Heneage

Hugo Colace ended up at Barnsley? How did that happen? He was class for the Argentinian Youth teams!

yep, captain of the Argentinian U-23 team, then played in Brazil for Flamengo where he won the Brazilian title. Then ended up at Barnsley  :icon_scratch: .....still only 25. Not sure if he ever played alongside Colo or Gutierrez before.

http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10309~43747,00.html

Colo was having little chit-chat with Colace on the way off the pitch, whether they know each other or not I dunno.

Both him and de Silva looked good on the ball yesterday but never did much with it, from looking at the Barnsley forums they don't seem to rate either of them that highly.

Swapped shirts too I seem to remember.

From Sky Sports:

Kagisho Dikgacoi is looking to leave Fulham just four months after joining the club in a bid to save his World Cup dream.

The South African international has played just 73 minutes of football since arriving at Craven Cottage from Golden Arrows, in his native country, in August.

The midfielder was handed his first Premier League start against West Ham in October but was sent-off and has since slipped behind Danny Murphy, Jonathan Greening and Dickson Etuhu in the pecking order.

Cottagers manager Roy Hodgson has even preferred full-back Chris Baird in the holding midfield role this term and the 25-year-old is looking for a loan move in January to make sure he stays involved in the international set-up.

"It's a big worry that I haven't been playing. I should be a regular," he said in the News of the World.

"Even games for the reserves would benefit me a lot. But if there is a loan possibility, then I hope the club will let me go just so I can prepare myself for the World Cup."

I thought he was a cracking player before going to Fulham. Even though CM isn't a priority right now, is he worth a punt, perhaps?

Guest Heneage

From Sky Sports:

Kagisho Dikgacoi is looking to leave Fulham just four months after joining the club in a bid to save his World Cup dream.

The South African international has played just 73 minutes of football since arriving at Craven Cottage from Golden Arrows, in his native country, in August.

The midfielder was handed his first Premier League start against West Ham in October but was sent-off and has since slipped behind Danny Murphy, Jonathan Greening and Dickson Etuhu in the pecking order.

Cottagers manager Roy Hodgson has even preferred full-back Chris Baird in the holding midfield role this term and the 25-year-old is looking for a loan move in January to make sure he stays involved in the international set-up.

"It's a big worry that I haven't been playing. I should be a regular," he said in the News of the World.

"Even games for the reserves would benefit me a lot. But if there is a loan possibility, then I hope the club will let me go just so I can prepare myself for the World Cup."

I thought he was a cracking player before going to Fulham. Even though CM isn't a priority right now, is he worth a punt, perhaps?

Cheeky loan bid.

Re: Vladimir Weiss

There's gotta be someone atleast close to this guy in our own academy. I can't see the point in loaning other teams prospects.

Hughton seems to reckon because they're from a PL team then they'll be worth having over our own, that and he probably saw him score last week.

I remember him pushing the ref like, I couldn't believe he stayed on like. I guess the more the merrier.

Weiss looks top quality to me. I doubt you've got anyone as good in your academy, not many clubs across the country can say they have.

He's in the first XI for his national side even though he's only a kid and doesn't play regular football.

There's gotta be someone atleast close to this guy in our own academy. I can't see the point in loaning other teams prospects.

Hughton seems to reckon because they're from a PL team then they'll be worth having over our own, that and he probably saw him score last week.

I remember him pushing the ref like, I couldn't believe he stayed on like. I guess the more the merrier.

Weiss looks top quality to me. I doubt you've got anyone as good in your academy, not many clubs across the country can say they have.

He's in the first XI for his national side even though he's only a kid and doesn't play regular football.

Tamas Kadar plays for his country too.  As does / did Matty Pattison.

Guest Heneage

Tamas Kadar plays for his country too.  As does / did Matty Pattison.

Wrong.

Guest Roger Kint

Didnt think Kadar had played for the senior squad either :undecided:

He's been called up but he hasn't actually played.

Was what i thought yeah

X-Newcastle United striker JOHN ROBERTSON on Kris Boyd & his time at Newcaslte:

KRIS BOYD would be treated like a GOD by Newcastle fans.

I rate him up there with the best of finishers - and the Geordies sure love to worship a prolific No9.

Boyd's future is up in the air with his contract ending next summer.

And I believe Rangers have to do EVERYTHING they can to keep him within their restricted budget.

I discovered through SunSport that Newcastle are among the chasing pack for his signature.

I know the pressure on a Toon player following an unfortunately short eight-month spell at St James' Park in 1988.

And I'm happy to mark Boyd's card. If he headed to the north-east of England then he'd be going to a club similar in size and support.

In fact, the fans on Tyneside are even MORE passionate than the Old Firm fans.

Newcastle might be in the Coca-Cola Championship, but they are still in a position to offer Boyd the security and the wage that he and his advisors would expect if he were to leave Rangers.

That's the pluses. The big negative is that if he thought Glasgow was a goldfish bowl then he would be even more shocked by Newcastle.

It is a one-club city. EVERYBODY supports the Toon.

My main worry is it may be the wrong place off the park for him. There may be too many distractions for a young lad like Boyd.

In my time there I stayed in a wee place north of the city called Morpeth. It was fantastic.

But whenever I went into the city I felt my every move was monitored.

However, there is no better place to be if you are delivering for them and the team's going well.

Boyd, though, has become used to winning silverware with Rangers.

Newcastle? They haven't lifted a major trophy for 40 YEARS and that has to be a big consideration.

I was fortunate to meet Boyd at a football writers' player of the year dinner and I enjoyed his company.

He's a cracking lad and I can see a bit of myself in him and his attitude to the game at the age he is.

He's started to work on other aspects of his game - which I did, too, at a similar stage.

Eventually you realise that there's got to be more to your game than just scoring.

I don't care what anybody says, when you play up front you are judged by your strike rate. However, there is a need to contribute other qualities to the team.

At Newcastle if you give blood, sweat and tears for the cause then you will be ADORED.

If, though, the supporters see the opposite then they are not slow to turn on you.

It's a brilliant place to go to and a fantastic place to play at.

But with that fanaticism comes a major responsibility.

I look back at my spell there with no regrets.

I joined Newcastle in April and missed the deadline to play the final four or five games of the season.

It was a slow start. I had to make do with a few testimonials while there was also a major summer upheaval. Paul Gascoigne was among a few to leave while I was joined by Dave Beasant, Andy Thorn, John Hendrie and Mirandinha.

At that time of my life I felt I had to give it a go down south - and my ambition was to be a goal-scoring No9. As it happened, I got the No11 shirt.

I scored a few goals pre-season and started the campaign as a striker. Then I got a niggly injury - and for some reason got moved to wide left.

I discovered I needed a hernia operation and lost my place in the team. Not long after there was interest from Hearts, Dundee United, Celtic and Rangers in bringing me back to Scotland.

I was down in the dumps, feeling sorry for myself.

I knew it would be easier to come home and pick up my career again at Hearts.

But I would never have swapped my experience with Newcastle for the world.

It was absolutely fabulous. I was looked after wonderfully - the fans were superb.

Boyd's got an amazing record at Ibrox. He would be capable of following the line of magnificent Toon strikers - Alan Shearer, Andy Cole, Peter Beardsley, Micky Quinn, Malcolm Macdonald.

But I can't believe Rangers would let him go without a fight. The club means the same to him as Hearts do to me.

And it wouldn't surprise me at all - given how content he is at Ibrox - if Boyd ultimately stayed. The ball's in the club's court.

Mira, Robbo & Hendrie were f***ing small forwards & we signed a GK who used to kick it to Fash & Cork. It was a shambolic season.