Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

I have a nasty feeling the two players are Simpson and Harewood.  :undecided:

Both are very good players in this league, how is it a nasty feeling?

Its not nasty as such. But in the position we are in, the future we may well have, and the current players we have, we want to buying buying players to start ahead of a weakness rather than be squad players.

Simpson fits into that bracket, Harewood doesn't.

Guest Heneage

Simpson is ok, but Harewood won't last 5 minutes if we go up.

Simpson is ok, but Harewood won't last 5 minutes if we go up.

Agree with that. Harewood might be ok for a Hull or Wolves but he's not a premier quality striker.

Yeah man, I do think he'd get 10 goals in this divison should he sign in January but in all honestly i'd stick with Harewood who's easily capable of that from January himself. Believe it or not Harewood's also better in open play than Beckford.

I'd rather we kept the exact same squad (inc loanees) and didnt spunk a penny away.

dont see the point in Killgallon, we dont need him this season, and no better than Colo for the Prem.

and what of when colo and taylor are injured (like what happened earlier this season and we were shit then) plus Killgallon can play lb too so cover for enrique too, not bad business if you ask me

Yeah man, I do think he'd get 10 goals in this divison should he sign in January but in all honestly i'd stick with Harewood who's easily capable of that from January himself. Believe it or Harewood's also better in open play than Beckford.

beckfords attitude is the problem id have with him seems to have ideas above wheres hes playing, we'd do well to steer clear imo

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Why would we want two central defenders?

We've seen that Kadar is decent

Really?

Always looked shaky when I've seen him play

He's been very good the last few times he has played. Doing well considering he's only started a handful of games. I'd be shaky as f*** if I had my first senior match at 18 infront of 46,000 odd people.

I must admit I haven't really seen him much, and the match he played from the start (Can't remember, was at SJP), people said he played well but we get aboput 20 seconds on The Football League show so I get no impression of him. The only time I remember he was shaky was when he came on for Simpson against Sheffield United or Preston (?) and almost led to us conceding straight away

Yeah man, I do think he'd get 10 goals in this divison should he sign in January but in all honestly i'd stick with Harewood who's easily capable of that from January himself. Believe it or Harewood's also better in open play than Beckford.

beckfords attitude is the problem id have with him seems to have ideas above wheres hes playing, we'd do well to steer clear imo

Personally I think he'd be fucking mint, regardless of the hype he comes with.

He's a terrible 'footballer' Beckford and all those who don't like Harewood will absolutely despise him.

His attitude isn't really a problem though, he gets a dog's abuse at Elland Road and generally turns the other cheek.

Guest Stephen927

The thing is signing Beckford in the Championship would probably be fine, but he would be completely useless in the Prem imo.

Simpson and a back up LB on permenant deals will do me till the summer, as well as a loan or two.

We already have a back up LB.

We have a CB that can play LB in Kadar.

and we have a CB in Kadar as back up.

I don't think we trust anyone of the other youngsters. . .

Its not nasty as such. But in the position we are in, the future we may well have, and the current players we have, we want to buying buying players to start ahead of a weakness rather than be squad players.

Simpson fits into that bracket, Harewood doesn't.

eh?

Guest Roger Kint

Would rather get Ukra than Beckford. Probably half the cost too.

The majority have never seen him play and he is a total unknown quantity in this country, you must have seem a lot of him to be so sure he can do the business here?