Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Guest Roger Kint

I'd sign Simpson & Kilgallon permanently (as long as the latter doesn't mean Taylor or Coloccini being sold), and extend Harewood's loan deal or another centre-forward.

Same here, may even stretch to another loan for the left hand side, either LB or LW cover just for a bit of depth. Sadly what we would do and what will happen...... ;D

Would rather get Ukra than Beckford. Probably half the cost too.

The majority have never seen him play and he is a total unknown quantity in this country, you must have seem a lot of him to be so sure he can do the business here?

A youngster from a major European club is more tempting than a £5m rated striker who's hardly scored a goal above League 1 and comes across as a bit of a cunt too.

I have seen Ukra play about 3 or 4 times.

Guest Roger Kint

The majority have never seen him play and he is a total unknown quantity in this country, you must have seem a lot of him to be so sure he can do the business here?

A youngster from a major European club is more tempting than a £5m rated striker who's hardly scored a goal above League 1 and comes across as a bit of a c*** too.

To be fair we have signed some prize duckeggs from 'major european clubs' so thats irrelevant

Beckford(while i agree he isnt the answer) hasnt scored above League 1 for a very simple reason.

Thats 3 or 4 times more that me(and i guess a lot here) what type of player is he?

Guest Stephen927

A youngster from a major European club is more tempting than a £5m rated striker who's hardly scored a goal above League 1 and comes across as a bit of a c*** too.

It's pretty laughable that the press link clubs with Beckford for a fee of £5m when last summer it was £2m and hes out of contract this summer.

Been saying it for 2 or 3 years now. Billy Sharp.

Sheff United want to sell him in January for £2m. Get him in.

Not sure about him. He has done really well at Scunny and now at Donny but you have to wonder why Sheffield United would not play a proven goalscorer at this level?

Guest Roger Kint

Other than 2 years in League 1 his goals record at Championship level is pretty shite, not a good signing for a team heading up from there is it?

Other than 2 years in League 1 his goals record at Championship level is pretty shite, not a good signing for a team heading up from there is it?

So apart from when he's been given an extended run in a team then?

He's a quality goalscorer, and would outscore all of our forwards quite easily.

Guest Roger Kint

Other than 2 years in League 1 his goals record at Championship level is pretty s****, not a good signing for a team heading up from there is it?

Take out his good last month and he has played 68 times scoring 13 goals in pretty much 2 seasons..........a player having a good few games in form, nothing more

Other than 2 years in League 1 his goals record at Championship level is pretty s****, not a good signing for a team heading up from there is it?

Take out his good last month and he has played 68 times scoring 13 goals in pretty much 2 seasons..........a player having a good few games in form, nothing more

Sustained run of games.

Same for all strikers, which I think you know.

A career ratio of a goal every 2 games too.

Guest Roger Kint

Sustained run of games.

Same for all strikers, which I think you know.

A career ratio of a goal every 2 games too.

The overwhelming majority of which was at League 1 level as i keep saying, at this level he is unimpressive :facepalm:

Yes, but what about potential transfers?

When I first read his post I thought of a joke with the same intention, but it doesn't get simpler or better than how you put it.  Well done. :clap:

It'd only be funny of they didn't keep getting linked in the papers tbh.

Newcastle are plotting a move for Rangers Kris Boyd as they ponder whether to extend Marlon Harewood’s loan deal.

Aston Villa striker Harewood, 30, has scored five goals for the Championship leaders since arriving in September.

But his loan agreement expires next week and Toon boss Chris Hughton has not disclosed his intentions, despite talks with Harewood.

Now Newcastle may move instead for Rangers forward Boyd, 26, who is up for sale as he is a free agent next summer.

But Harewood is still hoping to clinch a move to St James’ Park as his Villa contract expires next year.

Harewood’s agent Phil Sproson said: “Marlon has gradually built on every performance to get stronger and fitter and his confidence is now soaring.

“Marlon and I appreciate he had a slow start at Newcastle due to injury, a shortened pre-season and lack of first team football.

“But ideally he would like to stay at Newcastle until the summer at least.”

Harewood joined Aston Villa from West Ham in July 2007 for £4million but failed to establish himself.

He was a proven scorer in the Championship and Premier League for the Hammers with 56 goals in 170 appearances.

I'd take Boyd. He knows where the goal is.

Newcastle are plotting a move for Rangers Kris Boyd as they ponder whether to extend Marlon Harewood’s loan deal.

Aston Villa striker Harewood, 30, has scored five goals for the Championship leaders since arriving in September.

But his loan agreement expires next week and Toon boss Chris Hughton has not disclosed his intentions, despite talks with Harewood.

Now Newcastle may move instead for Rangers forward Boyd, 26, who is up for sale as he is a free agent next summer.

But Harewood is still hoping to clinch a move to St James’ Park as his Villa contract expires next year.

Harewood’s agent Phil Sproson said: “Marlon has gradually built on every performance to get stronger and fitter and his confidence is now soaring.

“Marlon and I appreciate he had a slow start at Newcastle due to injury, a shortened pre-season and lack of first team football.

“But ideally he would like to stay at Newcastle until the summer at least.”

Harewood joined Aston Villa from West Ham in July 2007 for £4million but failed to establish himself.

He was a proven scorer in the Championship and Premier League for the Hammers with 56 goals in 170 appearances.

I'd take Boyd. He knows where the goal is.

aye man, boyd would be a good buy, pick him up cheap aswell. whats happening with sol cambell any word on that?

When I first read his post I thought of a joke with the same intention, but it doesn't get simpler or better than how you put it.  Well done. :clap:

I think you're missing the joke - it's probably lost in translation.

The joke is that they're "transfers" that in your opinion are never going to happen, and hence aren't proper for a thread entitled "Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010". It's a bad one, though. Which is my point.

When I first read his post I thought of a joke with the same intention, but it doesn't get simpler or better than how you put it. Well done. :clap:

The joke is that they're "transfers" that in your opinion are never going to happen, and hence aren't proper for a thread entitled "Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010". It's a bad one, though. Which is my point.

The joke is that you want them!

Want = desire.

:lol: Explanation killed a good joke.

I think you should take cubaricho's advice, definitely lost in translation. :laugh: