Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

and im pretty sure i saw Per Ciljan Skjelbred at the match today watching the match from the corporate area of milburn stand O0

From what I've heard, you've seen correct. Apparently he was over to watch as a "fan" though.

I read that he was punched out by some Trønder (the Norwegian equivalent of a Scot) on the piss the other night.

Wednesday night iirc.

Guest Heneage

Has Sebastian Larsson's contract been sorted out at Birmingham yet? Could be a cheeky little signing in the summer.

He's looked some player this year.

Just buy Danny Simpson, i'm happy with our squad at the moment and think we should give our own youngsters a chance, the only way i'd want us to sign a player is if its either a really good player that will make a huge improvment on the team or a youngster with the chance to devolp into a premierleague player in the future.

Just buy Danny Simpson, i'm happy with our squad at the moment and think we should give our own youngsters a chance, the only way i'd want us to sign a player is if its either a really good player that will make a huge improvment on the team or a youngster with the chance to devolp into a premierleague player in the future.

Unless we sign a 12-15 goal a season striker, centre-back, a midfielder who can create things and a right-winger as the bare minimum, then we'll be back where we are within a season.

Unless we sign a 12-15 goal a season striker, centre-back, a midfielder who can create things and a right-winger as the bare minimum, then we'll be back where we are within a season.

In January?

Simpson will do for me in January.

Wait until the summer to do our big business.

Not really for January, and obviously it's only based on highlights, but I'd be interested to see us make a bid for Lee Chung-Yong from Bolton. He's young and looks to me a really clever player. They'll be sacking their manager soon too.

Could do worse than get Basham on loan from Bolton as well. Can play in defence and midfield.

The same Basham we booted out of our academy in 2006? He's shit. About 6th choice in both midfield and defence for Bolton.

Lee won't be going anywhere on loan either. He's at worst first off the bench for them and has been starting until the last few weeks. Looks a good player though,

If Wolves go down we should make a crafty bid for Milijas, whenever I've seen them play he's been by far their best player. He would add some much needed creativity to the ranks.

Sick Mick was ranting how good he was yesterday.

Could do worse than get Basham on loan from Bolton as well. Can play in defence and midfield.

The same Basham we booted out of our academy in 2006? He's shit. About 6th choice in both midfield and defence for Bolton.

Lee won't be going anywhere on loan either. He's at worst first off the bench for them and has been starting until the last few weeks. Looks a good player though,

I wasn't on about a loan...

I wasn't on about a loan...

Oh, sorry. I've just got myself into a mindset where I only discuss loans when talking about signings. I don't even contemplate permanent signings!

A short scout report from Scandinavia:

sweden

Emir Bajrami is a young swedish left winger that could be a really good buy. Its always a bit of a gamble but this guy has been impressive in the league and in the swedish U-21 team.

I would also definately go for IFK Gothenburgs icelandic for centre back Ragnar Sigurdsson. He's a great young player. A rock in defence with good passing and shooting.

Tobias Hysen, the former Sunderland player was the top scorer in the league this season and could be a hit in the PL given the chance as a forward. Great pace, finds the net and mentally strong.

Denmark

FC Copenhagen has two great goalies. I'd try to buy swede Johan Wiland from them, he seems to be second choice and thats really a shame.

In Norway Skjeldbred and Huseklepp are interesting prospects.

Not really for January, and obviously it's only based on highlights, but I'd be interested to see us make a bid for Lee Chung-Yong from Bolton. He's young and looks to me a really clever player. They'll be sacking their manager soon too.

:thup:

quality. And I am just biased being Korean