Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Van der Vaart. :spit:

To get back on thread, I'll be impressed if we don't sell anyone in  January. I don't expect us to bring anyone in beyond extending loan deals etc.

And thats the way is should be, we have a good enough squad now, save the money for next season. IF we spendanything it should be on signing Simpson now if Man Ure will not extend his loan deal, and I do not think they will do that. It would be just like them giving him to us.

Skjelbred's coming over to watch us play Derby apparently.

Could it be because he's a fan and want to watch us play a game? Probably 99% true. Could it be because he's signing and will be available for the Plymouth game? Probably not even 1%.

But still, the timing of him coming to watch is interesting.

Could it be because he's a fan and want to watch us play a game? Probably 99% true. Could it be because he's signing and will be available for the Plymouth game? Probably not even 1%.

He was there watching the Watford game as well, right?

He was there watching the Watford game as well, right?

Aye, as far as I know.

I am really not interested in our club being used as a career experience for any Arsenal kids this season or next. At least with Simpson you get the feeling he is surplus & we have a decent chance of nabbing him from MUFC.

Looking at it from the other angle - we need good players to help push for our promotion. Whether they are kids or established players, whether they are purchase or temporary loans - any player that will help cement our promotion is most welcome.

Kid loans are actually very good options for us. We have temporary extra players on our finger tips without us needing to commit ourselves to securing them. If our promotion does not materialise (god forbid), we are not commited to them. If our promotion materialise, we can delay our purchasing spending to the next window.

The only disadvantage to us is that we are helping to develope our rival players. But lets face it we are not Arsenal's direct competitors.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Apparently Michael Johnson has done his cruiciate ligament in so is out for 9-12 months.

Thank god we never signed him, £8 mill was being mooted. Crazy talk.

Guest Heneage

Apparently Michael Johnson has done his cruiciate ligament in so is out for 9-12 months.

He's chucked his career away to be honest, he will still probably have enough to live out his days.

Do you really think that deal was ever going to happen? I think that Llambliar & MA were fucking around with 30 mins to go on deadline day. They must of known City were not going sell as JFK said they tried to get him as part of the Given deal. Also would he have passed a medical. Remember the same clowns put a late bid in Richardson as if SAFC were going to sell to us nevermind so late on TDD.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

He's chucked his career away to be honest, he will still probably have enough to live out his days.

He'll spend it all on drink. I heard he got in a scrap with a guy I used to go to school with who was a complete knob, Johnson battered him apparantly :lol: He looked a great prospect in those first few games at city, unbelievable waste. He could have got many millions.

Guest Heneage

It was desperation, he was a midfielder that was young and had potential and would be seen as an exciting young signing. In fact he was a fat player with lots of mental issues, that was nowhere near being ready for first team football.

He'll spend it all on drink. I heard he got in a scrap with a guy I used to go to school with who was a complete knob, Johnson battered him apparantly :lol: He looked a great prospect in those first few games at city, unbelievable waste. He could have got many millions.

He will no doubt join Eastenders & be Phil Mitchelll son from a stag party do Phil went to in Blackpool years ago