Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

At the risk of repeating myself, with Shola likely to be injured for a lot of the remaining season, just look what we've got up front, it's absolutely terrible.

I understand the view that we haven't got much in the way of strikers but Shola isn't much better TBF (although i'd have him as first choice).

I'd probably play Lovenkrands for the pace.

At the risk of repeating myself, with Shola likely to be injured for a lot of the remaining season, just look what we've got up front, it's absolutely terrible.

you don't half repeat yourself. We know we need forwards that's why we tried to sign Beckford, Vaughan, Harewood and Moses

I hadn't actually realised Shola was out for that long. Urgh. He's the only player i have confidence in when it comes to him - with the ball, facing the goal.

He might be back for the next game tbf, but there's a good chance of further injuries this season knowing him.

you don't half repeat yourself. We know we need forwards that's why we tried to sign Beckford, Vaughan, Harewood and Moses

Do we? Last night i'm fairly sure I had a argument with a few blokes who laughed at my suggestion that this month couldn't be considered successful without a new striker.

Anyway, let's just hope we have one soon.

We're a day and a half away from the deadline closing. We've had a month to get a striker in and the f***ing idiots have failed again.

We can get loans in after monday, moron.

Well that's ok then.

Who gives a shit that we've dropped points again.

We're a day and a half away from the deadline closing. We've had a month to get a striker in and the f***ing idiots have failed again.

Serious, man? The window isn't over yet, first off. All indications are that we are interested in bringing in another players and our top target was snapped up by a Premiership side. Even if we don't sign a striker it hasn't been a failure.

Well that's ok then.

Who gives a s*** that we've dropped points again.

Regardless of of bringing in a striker or not, we should have won today. The two are not correlated.

Well that's ok then.

Who gives a shit that we've dropped points again.

We'd all prefer to sign 6 new players on the first day on the window but that's not realistic. There's a whole list of strikers who Hughton has missed out on through no fault of his own. So perhaps you will give him the next couple of weeks to rectify the situation.

We're a day and a half away from the deadline closing. We've had a month to get a striker in and the fucking idiots have failed again.

Aye the board should have held Ken Bates out of a window by his ankles and made him sell Beckford to us.

You'll be the first to moan if we buy a sub-standard striker on deadline day which is obviously a panic buy.

We've known for a long time that a striker is a priority, 4 weeks in and still 1 striker short from December is unacceptable in my book.

Thank god the footballing world doesn't run by your "footballing for dummies" then.

Guest Roger Kint

We've known for a long time that a striker is a priority, 4 weeks in and still 1 striker short from December is unacceptable in my book.

Thank god the footballing world doesn't run by your "footballing for dummies" then.

Well maybe it should because 4 average 1 goal in 4/5 strikers isnt going to do shit, we need a proper 20 goal a season striker(most of us know this from way back though dont worry)

What are you actually on about? Have you missed the last six games, or something? How do we not need a striker?

Harewood's left and the goals - largely - have dried up. No, he's not the only player who could score in our squad - but he's better than the likes of Carroll and Ranger infront of goal, and it relieves the pressure on people like Lovenkrands - who are decent, but never prolific.

Don't argue it with today's showing, by the way. Today was jsut ridiculous because Hughton didn't even attempt to make us anything like an attacking unit. In recent games gone by, we've frittered away points cos we've made chances only for them to be spurned over and over. Derby being the prime example.

A striker is vital and whilst it's poor show we haven't got one yet, we've had some dodgy luck. If Beckford hadn't scored at Old Trafford, he'd own the number 9 shirt now. If Harewood hadn't got injured, he'd be here now. If Moses wasn't such a big catch for the bigger clubs, he'd be here now.

A striker is not a priority ffs.  A central midfielder with some legs and an eye for a pass is, we could put Drogba and Torres up front and at the end of the day they still be feeding off fucking scraps. The strikers have to be in the perfect position every time for the useless cunts behind them to find them with a pass.

We could do with another striker certainly, but the team would be revolutionised by a decent player in the middle of the park. Look at the some of the fucking dross that have scored goals in the championship this season http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/top_scorers/default.stm, it's not like we're creating a bundle of chances and the strikers are missing them. We're lucky to carve out 2 or 3 decent chances a game and they all come from out wide. The lack of retention and movement/showing for the ball from the middle of midfield is a massive factor in not creating chances. We're constantly winging games by giving it to the wingers and hoping they'll pop it onto one of the striikers heads, more often than not, in the case of most teams, the defenders get something on it, the problem then is there's no cunt within 20 yards picking up the loose ball and the opposition can take the ball back every single time. It's happens again and again.