England v Slovenia: 17.30

Keefaz

If a keeper touches the ball with his hands outside the area, is it a red card irrelative of the context? Like, even if there isn't an obvious goalscoring opportunity.

yes

No it isn't.

since when? BTW I'm basing this on seeing Tony Norman sent off for Sunderland for a simple catch, way back in the day

If a keeper touches the ball with his hands outside the area, is it a red card irrelative of the context? Like, even if there isn't an obvious goalscoring opportunity.

yes

No it isn't.

since when? I'm basing this on seeing Tony Norman sent off for Sunderland for a simple catch, way back in the day

I can remember Barnet's keeper doing the exact same thing when they played Manu in the cup a few years ago. In like the second minute. Totally innocuous situatioon but he still got sent off.

yes

No it isn't.

since when? BTW I'm basing this on seeing Tony Norman sent off for Sunderland for a simple catch, way back in the day

I refer you to: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3586054.stm

What is Glen Johnson doing? That's like the third time the left winger has got in behind him with acres of space. Luckily for Johnson the winger is pretty s***.

Because he's garbage?

Ryan Taylor would do a better job defensively.

4th time the winger gets in behind with Johnson looking clueless, this time Terry saves his arse.

yes

No it isn't.

Sounds like a different interpretation to me  :dontknow:

yes

No it isn't.

What do you mean?

What is Glen Johnson doing? That's like the third time the left winger has got in behind him with acres of space. Luckily for Johnson the winger is pretty s***.

Because he's garbage?

His club form would suggest otherwise tbh.

yes

No it isn't.

What do you mean?

Well what we have here is examples of both a yellow card and a red card given for the same offence. Who's to say which is right, unless you can produce a rule of course