Xisco's back

Crumpy Gunt

Didn't Shearer supposedly look poor in training?

And several managers (including Shearer I think) have said that Shola is immense in training.

It just proves that the ability shown in training isn't everything

I can't understand people who say Xisco was never given a chance. I think coaching him day in and day out gives you some indication of how good or how bad he is.

Have to agree.

and then when he had the chance to make an impression by performing in the reserves he went out and produced some of the most woefull, inept lacadazical performances i have ever seen by anyone puttting on a Newcastle United shirt,  no desire or self respect in his performance letting him get bullied off 17-18 yr old defenders,  one of the worst players i've ever had the misfortune to watch.

Guest Stephen927

I can't understand people who say Xisco was never given a chance. I think coaching him day in and day out gives you some indication of how good or how bad he is.

Have to agree.

and then when he had the chance to make an impression by performing in the reserves he went out and produced some of the most woefull, inept lacadazical performances i have ever seen by anyone puttting on a Newcastle United shirt,  no desire or self respect in his performance letting him get bullied off 17-18 yr old defenders,  one of the worst players i've ever had the misfortune to watch.

And this, is why he never got a serious look in to the first team.

Have to agree.

And this, is why he never got a serious look in to the first team.

exactly but people stilll come on here say he should be given a chance!:-D

Guest Stephen927

It's the Luque situation all over again.

Once a player is out of the team, be it because he was dropped or injured, people seem to think he's a better option than those currently playing just because they haven't seen him play for a while.

Considering the managers we've had during Xisco's time I'm not sure I'd trust any of their judgments (except perhaps Keegan but to be fair, Xisco was one of the rumored transfers that went above Keegan's head so he was probably being quite spiteful).

Not according to Xisco himself.

You keep banging on about this as the article said at the time he was presented to Keegan & KK told him his plans.

But, according to The Sun, Xisco just wants to get on with the business of scoring for Newcastle.

He said: 'My dream move must not be tarnished by these rumours.

'When I flew in on Monday, the club presented me to Kevin Keegan. He talked to me in a bit of detail about his plans for the footballing development of the club.

I would imagine KK talked to all the incoming 1st team players joining club. I reckon Pellegrini at Real Madrid talks to players when they are joining Real Madrid but it is pretty much nailed on he didnt pick those signings.

Considering the managers we've had during Xisco's time I'm not sure I'd trust any of their judgments (except perhaps Keegan but to be fair, Xisco was one of the rumored transfers that went above Keegan's head so he was probably being quite spiteful).

You keep banging on about this as the article said at the time he was presented to Keegan & KK told him his plans.

But, according to The Sun, Xisco just wants to get on with the business of scoring for Newcastle.

'When I flew in on Monday, the club presented me to Kevin Keegan. He talked to me in a bit of detail about his plans for the footballing development of the club.

I would imagine KK talked to all the incoming 1st team players joining club. I reckon Pellegrini at Real Madrid talks to players when they are joining Real Madrid but it is pretty much nailed on he didnt pick those signings.

you'd think if he didn't want them he wouldn't talk them into coming.

Or have asked the club to sign them.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

You'd think if he didn't have an excellent case for constructive dismissal, it would have been sorted by now.

You'd think if he didn't have an excellent case for constructive dismissal, it would have been sorted by now.

not nececelery (sic). it's possible the club are dragging out to build its defence. as yet we just don't know.

He'd already signed when he met Keegan.

So the summary is that the players actually signed by Keegan (Bassong and Guthrie) turned out to be either excellent and sold at huge profit or a decent squad player and all the players signed by Vetere/Jiminez/Wise turned out to be fucking shit time wasters who want to get away as quickly as possible.

Who'd have thought.

He'd already signed when he met Keegan.

So the summary is that the players actually signed by Keegan (Bassong and Guthrie) turned out to be either excellent and sold at huge profit or a decent squad player and all the players signed by Vetere/Jiminez/Wise turned out to be f***ing s*** time wasters who want to get away as quickly as possible.

Who'd have thought.

both sides are claiming the credit for bassong.

anyhoo, i was just replying to the spences idea that keegan talked them into coming but had no say in who came.

Bassong who has never really spoken and has no reason to lie or Llambias who is a pathological bullshitter? - hmmm....

anyhoo, i was just replying to the spences idea that keegan talked them into coming but had no say in who came.

Fair enough - just saying I always thought it was a Xisco/Gonzalez combo that upset Keegan.

Bassong who has never really spoken and has no reason to lie or Llambias who is a pathological bullshitter? - hmmm....

Fair enough - just saying I always thought it was a Xisco/Gonzalez combo that upset Keegan.

at around the time of xisco/gonzalez there were lots of rumours from and about both sides of the argument. i'll believe one side when i get harder evidence.

Just had re-read over the classic KK wants Lampard, Henry & Beckham article written by Ashleys mate Rob Beasley. Once you get past the headline it makes interesting reading.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/article22169.ece

in what way.

(remember if you want to take some of it as gospel you have to accept it all.......you can;t just pick at the bits that fit your idea)

Just had re-read over the classic KK wants Lampard, Henry & Beckham article written by Ashleys mate Rob Beasley. Once you get past the headline it makes interesting reading.

in what way.

(remember if you want to take some of it as gospel you have to accept it all.......you can;t just pick at the bits that fit your idea)

It is just so fucking bizarre that what makes it interesting, this club is always way out there but that article makes us sound even more left field than we usually are.

I think there are elements of truth in it like the Rio bit but Beasley is going to add a bit of spin for his mate & the x-captain of the club he supports. Good read all the same.

"Kevin's suggestions? Jonathan Woodgate, Richard Dunne and Sami Hyppia! Now where's the resale value of any of those players?"

You can tell he's Ashley's mate :lol:

in what way.

It is just so f***ing bizarre that what makes it interesting, this club is always way out there but that article makes us sound even more left field than we usually are.

I think there are elements of truth in it like the Rio bit but Beasley is going to add a bit of spin for his mate & the x-captain of the club he supports. Good read all the same.

the problem with it is that the keegan bummers will use it as proof that keegan had no say whereas the anti-keegans willl use it as proof that keegan agreed to the structure and wanted unreasonable signings.

until it goes to court we'll never find out....even then it may be a bit opaque.

in what way.

It is just so f***ing bizarre that what makes it interesting, this club is always way out there but that article makes us sound even more left field than we usually are.

the problem with it is that the keegan bummers will use it as proof that keegan had no say whereas the anti-keegans willl use it as proof that keegan agreed to the structure and wanted unreasonable signings.

until it goes to court we'll never find out....even then it may be a bit opaque.

In terms of a measurement on the bumometer, Keegan often gets a ten (pneumatic drill) on this site. The court case outcome will be very interesting.

in what way.

In terms of a measurement on the bumometer, Keegan often gets a ten (pneumatic drill) on this site. The court case outcome will be very interesting.

if keegan is vindicated in court no douubt i'll be remembered not as a fence sitter but as a die hard ashleyite.

"Kevin's suggestions? Jonathan Woodgate, Richard Dunne and Sami Hyppia! Now where's the resale value of any of those players?"

You can tell he's Ashley's mate :lol:

Laughable really, all 3 would have been good signings and the defender we did get was massively overpriced and has less resale value than two of them anyway.