Xisco's back

Crumpy Gunt

That's £5.7m we'll never get back. Thanks again Dennis Wise.

I remember reading when Newcastle bought Xisco that fans of Deportivo La Coruña being annoyed that they'd sold him to us! I bet they don't feel that way now.

he was a good young player for them, we just f***ed him up like we have done to soo many young players

i.e. viana

Sorry but you're talking bollocks. One season (Xisco) at Newcastle doesn't permanently turn a good player into a bad one. As for Viana, he was over hyped. If he was any good he'd have done well somewhere after leaving us. He hasn't.

The problem with Viana, he was played out of position which did him no justice.

That's £5.7m we'll never get back. Thanks again Dennis Wise.

I remember reading when Newcastle bought Xisco that fans of Deportivo La Coruña being annoyed that they'd sold him to us! I bet they don't feel that way now.

he was a good young player for them, we just f***ed him up like we have done to soo many young players

i.e. viana

Sorry but you're talking bollocks. One season (Xisco) at Newcastle doesn't permanently turn a good player into a bad one. As for Viana, he was over hyped. If he was any good he'd have done well somewhere after leaving us. He hasn't.

The problem with Viana, he was played out of position which did him no justice.

Correct, needed to be sat in the middle making passes and keeping the team flowing.  SBR would never risk him in there tho.

Always went for the options of Jenas/Speed/Dyer? etc

Bassong, Xisco, ______ insert name for next traitor

Bassong a traitor? He was a brilliant piece of business IMO and it's the way we should be going in the future as well. I really don't mind that Seb left us as both kinda got what they wanted...

Bobby's decision to play Viana over Bowyer against Marseilles (in the centre) cost us dearly.

Actually Bellamy's injury against Villa and Woodgate's injury against Chelsea cost us dearly against Marseille.

Don't have any feelings of hatred for Xisco TBH, in fact i feel a touch sorry for him. We probably could have got alot more out of him than we did and i hope we can get as much money as possible for him in the summer.

Don't have any feelings of hatred for Xisco TBH, in fact i feel a touch sorry for him. We probably could have got alot more out of him than we did and i hope we can get as much money as possible for him in the summer.

Same, a young lad, brought in for 5M caught up in politics/not being allowed to play because of extra fee's, none of which has really been his fault.

Or just looked shit and not good enough to play whilst still picking up thousands of pounds every week, bless him. Hopefully those Africans can put on some sort of benefit gig for the little blighter  :weep:

Or just looked shit and not good enough to play whilst still picking up thousands of pounds every week, bless him. Hopefully those Africans can put on some sort of benefit gig for the little blighter  :weep:

:facepalm:

Exactly my thoughts when I read your comments about feeling sorry for the player who admitted he deliberately stopped playing when he chucked his toys out of the pram, as said, bless his little cotton socks :(

Exactly my thoughts when I read your comments about feeling sorry for the player who admitted he deliberately stopped playing when he chucked his toys out of the pram, as said, bless his little cotton socks :(

Why because he's rich means you are not allowed to feel sorry for him?

"bless his little cotton socks", clever shit are we?

If he had left on loan and proved the talent we had missed out on maybe I would believe the reason he hasn't played was because of this apparent clause and not because he was just a bit shit.

He hasn't.

Clever enough not to want to swap a £12m midfielder for a £1.5m midfielder anyway :pow:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Still confused as to why we signed him, he was hardly prolific in Spain. The majority of his goals came in the the lower leagues, which are probably on par with League1 - at best the Championship.

We should only sell him if we can get a good price. Otherwise he'll do as a backup choice for next season. If Hughton lets him know he's wanted and makes him feel a bit more loved, you never know, he might just get better.