Xisco's back

Crumpy Gunt

Agree with Village Idiot - none of those players were impossible for us. Even Lampard, who was approaching the final year of his contract and was apparently looking to leave to get the bumper pay deal he wanted, may have been a possbility.

One of the maddest posts ever in internet history :mackems:

:lol:

It's mad now, sure, but at the time Lampard was in the final year of his contract with Chelsea stalling on a new deal, whilst we on the other hand had a billionaire owner in charge who was supposedly willing to pump money into landing a major star player or two. If we had done what Man City did regarding Robinho (or what we did with Owen from Real), and offered Lampard £200k per week or more, would he honestly have said "no"?

Without doubt.

Kaka was on the verge of a move to Man City. He's easily better than Lampard, recently the best player in the world, has a higher profile worldwide, and was considering a move to a mid table club with a sitting duck in Mark Hughes in charge.

Money talks. Lampard is greedy. It was a possibility, even if a remote one, and hence I don't think Keegan including the player on a wishlist is a sign of madness.

what an absolute load of nonsense

Not really, but without meaning to be disrespectful (it's your opinion after all) then you've stated you believe Lampard to be better than Xavi, despite Xavi outclassing him in every single meaningful encounter so far, so I'd expect this from you.

Kaka has put in high quality performances in the CL and at international level in big games. Not consistently enough given his talent and he can go missing at times, but he's at least shown his class at that level. Lampard on the other hand has done nothing other than look like a plodder at those same levels in similar big games.

yeah, he went missing in the champions league final didn't he. How about last season's quarter final?

Lampard wont shine if conservative tactics are being employed, but he's still done well in those situations imo.

I hate agreeing with Ronaldo, but I think Lampard is quite underrated by English football supporters. He's up there with the best CMs in Europe, imo. I also think he was excellent vs Croatia, but didn't get many props at all.

I hate agreeing with Ronaldo, but I think Lampard is quite underrated by English football supporters. He's up there with the best CMs in Europe, imo. I also think he was excellent vs Croatia, but didn't get many props at all.

He's absolutely superb. Don't think he's as good as Kaka, but he's brilliant.

Lampard's a brilliant finisher and he scores golas in big matches which should never be under-estimated. The reason he doesn't get more praise is that he's like a lot of English midfielders, very efficient and effective but doesn't have the touch of creative magic that thrills people. Rooney and Gascoigne have it, lampard and Gerrard don't. Obviously they've got other qualities though, so it's not a criticism.

Agree with Village Idiot - none of those players were impossible for us. Even Lampard, who was approaching the final year of his contract and was apparently looking to leave to get the bumper pay deal he wanted, may have been a possbility.

One of the maddest posts ever in internet history :mackems:

:lol:

It's mad now, sure, but at the time Lampard was in the final year of his contract with Chelsea stalling on a new deal, whilst we on the other hand had a billionaire owner in charge who was supposedly willing to pump money into landing a major star player or two. If we had done what Man City did regarding Robinho (or what we did with Owen from Real), and offered Lampard £200k per week or more, would he honestly have said "no"?

Without doubt.

Kaka was on the verge of a move to Man City. He's easily better than Lampard, recently the best player in the world, has a higher profile worldwide, and was considering a move to a mid table club with a sitting duck in Mark Hughes in charge.

Money talks. Lampard is greedy. It was a possibility, even if a remote one, and hence I don't think Keegan including the player on a wishlist is a sign of madness.

you will have to find one reason why keegan,with the club having hocked everything,having about 65% of turnover going on wages would find the money ? also remembering that the only placed it was mentioned was in a news of the world piece purporting to be from inside the club lambasting keegan for even thinking of the likes of lampsrd and henry and intimating that he knew the financial constraints ?

There are two sides to this "madness of King Kev" coin, and I'm not saying for certain that the NOTW article and the scenario it refers to is false in it's entirety just because it tries to slander Keegan. What you refer to is one possibility, that Keegan put those players on his list despite knowing that the club did not have the funds to sign them. Bear in mind that the NOTW article did not use a named source, so it could just as easily be creative journalism as it could be Ashley/Llambias releasing information through the back door.

At the same time, earlier on in the year we had articles released where Ashley was supposedly looking to sign one or two world class, big money players to raise the profile of NUFC. I can't find any of them, mainly because I can't be bothered to search, but I remember those artciles as I'm sure do others. If (that word you hate :D) Keegan was brought in under the circumstance that such signings were feasible if the options were there, i.e. if Ashley was willing to fund or stretch the budget for a world class big name or two, then going back to the Keegan madness jibe, it'd be quite clear that having Lampard, Henry and Ronaldinho on a wishlist is far from ridiculous. If (again) he did hand such a list to Llambias, and those three were on that list, I hardly consider it to be Keegan being absolutely bonkers. Strange things often happen in football, and they tend to happen because someone takes advantage of a situation and forces an issue. We did it for example with Owen and Madrid/Liverpool. So Keegan merely wanting his chairman to look into the situation is hardly a sign of madness for me. As stated earlier, maybe this isn't what happened? I'm only referring to possibilities here based on what we do know (for example, Kamil Zayatte), and at this point in time I'm siding with Keegan on this issue.

How many people have watched Kaka week in, week out? He's great but nowhere near as good as has been perpetuated by the mainstream media

The Milan fans have & they seemed to have rated him pretty highly.

as do I

I don't think he was ever the world's best player though

How many people have watched Kaka week in, week out? He's great but nowhere near as good as has been perpetuated by the mainstream media

I watch Kaka week in week out, and to be honest i also watch Lampard week in week out.

Kaka usually plays a freerole behind the striker and is the best in the world at this.

Hes got an enormous amount of pace, great shot, unbelievable vision and he creates so much out of nothing its not even funny.

Lampard to me is one of the best in the world, but Gerrard is a better midfielder and i would even argue that Cesc is a better midfielder.

But there's no doubt that Kaka is a better player, but that doesnt mean Lampard isn't one of the best. I would argue that only Messi is better than Kaka at the moment.

as do I

The thing with Kaka I think he has to be one of them you watch you every week as he does not do the stuff that gets highlights like Ronaldo  & Messi.

as do I

The thing with Kaka I think he has to be one of them you watch you every week as he does not do the stuff that gets highlights like Ronaldo  & Messi.

courtesy of Sky Bet Player I watched him for most games last season, he's damn good but in the premiership I'd rather have Lampard

Truth be said Kaká has been ace so far in the two Real league games. He seems to be in great form for Brazil too. I confess to never having watched him much while at Milan, but so far looks like the hype is justified.

Amusing  that in a thread about Xisco we end up talking about Kaká and Lampard.

I watch Kaka week in week out, and to be honest i also watch Lampard week in week out.

Kaka usually plays a freerole behind the striker and is the best in the world at this.

Hes got an enormous amount of pace, great shot, unbelievable vision and he creates so much out of nothing its not even funny.

Lampard to me is one of the best in the world, but Gerrard is a better midfielder and i would even argue that Cesc is a better midfielder.

But there's no doubt that Kaka is a better player, but that doesnt mean Lampard isn't one of the best. I would argue that only Messi is better than Kaka at the moment.

this is probably the most confusing post i have ever read on any forum!

It's like a fucking riddle

It's like a f***ing riddle

Thats what i was thinking considring i went into this thread wanting to see what Xisco did today.

• 7 months later...
Xisco to have no place in Hughton’s plan

CHRIS Hughton says on-loan Spanish striker Xisco has no place in his Newcastle United Premier League plans – and he will let him leave in the summer.

The former Spain Under-21 forward is out on loan at Racing Santander, where he has scored twice in 19 games, but is set to return to St James’ Park at the end of the season.

The £5.7million man has struggled for form back in the Primera Liga and United will have to write off most of the money they spent on the striker – but that is something Hughton is prepared to do if it means the striker is off the books.

Xisco was one of the controversial Dennis Wise signings that pushed Kevin Keegan over the edge as United boss, and the 23-year-old has barely played in black and white since. “He’s a player we were prepared to let go a year ago I don’t see too much has changed since then,” said Hughton.

“We’ve spoken to him during the season and we’d have to speak to him at the end of the season, see how he’s enjoyed his spell there whether he still wants to remain in Spain, but I don’t see too much having changed there.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/04/24/xisco-to-have-no-place-in-hughton-s-plan-61634-26307026/

I guess CH has saw his shite games for Racing as well.

Guest neesy111

That's £5.7m we'll never get back. Thanks again Dennis Wise.

I remember reading when Newcastle bought Xisco that fans of Deportivo La Coruña being annoyed that they'd sold him to us! I bet they don't feel that way now.

he was a good young player for them, we just fucked him up like we have done to soo many young players

i.e. viana

I remember reading when Newcastle bought Xisco that fans of Deportivo La Coruña being annoyed that they'd sold him to us! I bet they don't feel that way now.

he was a good young player for them, we just fucked him up like we have done to soo many young players

i.e. viana

Sorry but you're talking bollocks. One season (Xisco) at Newcastle doesn't permanently turn a good player into a bad one. As for Viana, he was over hyped. If he was any good he'd have done well somewhere after leaving us. He hasn't.

he was a good young player for them, we just f***ed him up like we have done to soo many young players

i.e. viana

Sorry but you're talking bollocks. One season (Xisco) at Newcastle doesn't permanently turn a good player into a bad one. As for Viana, he was over hyped. If he was any good he'd have done well somewhere after leaving us. He hasn't.

Yeah, is Viana still getting loaned out to random portuguese teams?