Xisco's back

Crumpy Gunt

The lad was quality in Spain, looked like a natural goal scorer

BOLLOCKS!!!

He did okay in the lower level & his last season of  La Liga was not that good. He did well in a 1 week spell where he scored 5 goals in two games. I watch a fair amount of La Liga I cant recall seeing him or him being talked up on the midweek show admittingly SKY coverage is mainly Barca & R.Madrid led.

http://en.worldsoccerstats.com/player/1542

The lad was quality in Spain, looked like a natural goal scorer

BOLLOCKS!!!

He did okay in the lower level & his last season of  La Liga was not that good. He did well in a 1 week spell where he scored 5 goals in two games. I watch a fair amount of La Liga I cant recall seeing him or him being talked up on the midweek show admittingly SKY coverage is mainly Barca & R.Madrid led.

http://en.worldsoccerstats.com/player/1542

:lol:

Fair enough, I can only comment on the games I've watched. Admittedly you've probably watched more.

Also Cajun I wasn't aware he wasn't putting the effort in for the reserves. Guess I should do my research before I go sticking up for him.

He's young and spanish, therefore he must have a bad attitude.

Not really, he's young and didn't put the effort in when played in the reserves/feigned injury to get a move away.

Difference.

He's young and spanish, therefore he must have a bad attitude.

Not really, he's young and didn't put the effort in when played in the reserves/feigned injury to get a move away.

Difference.

Where's your evidence he didn't put the effort in. All players who fail to make it are just lazy?

The people who watch the reserves regulary, the fact he admitted he stopped playing to get a move, the rumours he has done similar things to get out of reserve games this season.

Oh but it's because he is young and foreign, I mean I hated Bassong, Enrique etc....

Guest Heneage

Do you judge all players on 7 games like? I'm not saying he was good or bad, but we hardly saw the lad play, I don't think we could make any real judgements.

So we played a few games for us looked poor, played in the reserves and looked poor/couldn't be arsed, went on loan and looked poor and the same rumours about not being arsed in the reserves pop up.

All that on top of him admitting he stopped playing for us.

Any different to your dislike of Ranger? Infact I would say this one has a lot more substance.

I'm not believing any Tabloid article attributing quotes to a player. Sorry. As for looking poor, was the team much better?How many of his 7 games were starts? He scored goals for the reserves, and also had gone from first team to, being deemed a reserve player who got no look in at the first team, would that not piss you off? Knowing that you've had 7 games to make an impression in a poor side with a constant changing manager, only to be deemed shit and know you had no chance of getting a chance anytime soon.

That's before you factor in that not all players are like that, some players just need some sort of confidence from their employers, they need to feel wanted, is it right? No, but it's the way it is, it's called man management.

Ranger annoys me because he's pissing chances up the wall and represents the type of player that got this club into so much trouble with the papers.

The people who watch the reserves regulary, the fact he admitted he stopped playing to get a move, the rumours he has done similar things to get out of reserve games this season.

Oh but it's because he is young and foreign, I mean I hated Bassong, Enrique etc....

1. People who watched the reseves regularly- Not you then? Therefore you are just speculating.

2. He admitted he stopped playing to get a move- Aye but when? before or after the Keegan saga? and this has no relevance on his laziness whilst on the pitch. In fact it could be seen as a desire to play more often.

3. Rumours.. Come on man, try harder.

If he did indeed say that.. i really can't understand how anyone can justify it. 

You can't justify someone refusing to play.

However, you can feel sorry for all parties that it got to that stage in the first place.

My arguement is that Xisco's failure was, in part, down to the management and not just some "lazy" spanish player.

1. People who watched the reseves regularly- Not you then? Therefore you are just speculating.

2. He admitted he stopped playing to get a move- Aye but when? before or after the Keegan saga? and this has no relevance on his laziness whilst on the pitch. In fact it could be seen as a desire to play more often.

I trust those who post on here and watch the reserves. You watched him much then?

Why is it so hard to accept he simply wasn't good enough? Been pulling up trees this season proving the club wrong?

We are a TEAM, we aren't a fucking creche to help develop one young player. If you are good enough you get games you will (Bassong), if you aren't you work your arse off to improve and get a chance especially if you are earning thousands of pounds a week to do it.

By what the people who were going to see him were constantly saying, he wasn't looking bothered in the reserves and far from impressing. If he isn't impressing in the reserves why the hell should he be getting first team chances?

Jesus wept lads! If you got over this "young foreigner turns wonderkid" fantasy you might realise the team should come first. I knew they should have made "Goal" an 18 :lol:  :facepalm:

I trust those who post on here and watch the reserves. You watched him much then?

Why is it so hard to accept he simply wasn't good enough? Been pulling up trees this season proving the club wrong?

We are a TEAM, we aren't a fucking creche to help develop one young player. If you are good enough you get games you will (Bassong), if you aren't you work your arse off to improve and get a chance especially if you are earning thousands of pounds a week to do it.

By what the people who were going to see him were constantly saying, he wasn't looking bothered in the reserves and far from impressing. If he isn't impressing in the reserves why the hell should he be getting first team chances?

Jesus wept lads! If you got over this "young foreigner turns wonderkid" fantasy you might realise the team should come first. I knew they should have made "Goal" an 18 :lol:  :facepalm:

Ah patronising comments, the sign of someone struggling for an arguement. I'll keep my dignity, cheers.

So i take it you are not going to answer any of my comments?

I can't say whether he was lazy or not because i didn't see him in any reserve games but then again i'm not the one making the claims now am i? How DO YOU know he was lazy, since you never saw him?

I've also never said he was good, did i? Have a look, i merely stated that he was fucked about from day 1 and that i felt "a touch" sorry for him.

IF he reffused to play, then he shouldn't be here but that's no judgement of his ability.

If the easy going CH is not willing to have him back that says a fucking lot.

It doesn't say alot at all TBH. There's three probable reasons why he isn't soming back;

1. Money- Wages off the bill and potential transfer fee.

2. Ability- Didn't prove it over here and was "indifferent" over there.

3. Burned his bridges- IF he has refused to play, there's no way, realistically, he can come back and work with the same people.

Ah patronising comments, the sign of someone struggling for an arguement. I'll keep my dignity, cheers.

So i take it you are not going to answer any of my comments?

I can't say whether he was lazy or not because i didn't see him in any reserve games but then again i'm not the one making the claims now am i? How DO YOU know he was lazy, since you never saw him?

I've also never said he was good, did i? Have a look, i merely stated that he was fucked about from day 1 and that i felt "a touch" sorry for him.

IF he reffused to play, then he shouldn't be here but that's no judgement of his ability.

Why do you feel sorry for him if you have no idea what went on?

As Thespense says, if Hughton isn't going to give the lad who is? How many managers did he play under again?

I don't know what world you guys live in where the team are struggling, we are losing games, we have this talented striker in reserve but numerous managers decide just not to play him :lol:

If you want to know how one of the young lads is getting on in the youth/reserve teams you will be the first to ask one of the regular watchers but if there opinion isn't what you want it to be you will completely dismiss it?

From someone who actually saw him for the reserves, sounds like he was really busting a gut to get his chance. Poor Xisco  :weep:

I can't understand people who say Xisco was never given a chance. I think coaching him day in and day out gives you some indication of how good or how bad he is.

Have to agree.

and then when he had the chance to make an impression by performing in the reserves he went out and produced some of the most woefull, inept lacadazical performances i have ever seen by anyone puttting on a Newcastle United shirt,  no desire or self respect in his performance letting him get bullied off 17-18 yr old defenders,  one of the worst players i've ever had the misfortune to watch.

Night  :pow:

If the easy going CH is not willing to have him back that says a f***ing lot.

It doesn't say alot at all TBH. There's three probable reasons why he isn't soming back;

1. Money- Wages off the bill and potential transfer fee.

2. Ability- Didn't prove it over here and was "indifferent" over there.

3. Burned his bridges- IF he has refused to play, there's no way, realistically, he can come back and work with the same people.

Of course it does it wreaks of the points 2 & 3 that you have put.

Cajun-

Why do you feel sorry for him if you have no idea what went on?- None of us know what went on, in this specific circumstance. However, we all know what happened after that with the complete mis-management of the club. Why can't i give the lad that benefit of the doubt, in that he didn't get a real crack of the whip in the first team.

As Thespense says, if Hughton isn't going to give the lad who is? How many managers did he play under again?- As above, there are loads of reasons why he won't come back and why he was always going to be shipped out in the first place.

I don't know what world you guys live in where the team are struggling, we are losing games, we have this talented striker in reserve but numerous managers decide just not to play him.- An unfair and unjust world? Bare in mind that Shearer, Allardyce and Keegan (i think) all didn't rate Enrique.

If you want to know how one of the young lads is getting on in the youth/reserve teams you will be the first to ask one of the regular watchers but if there opinion isn't what you want it to be you will completely dismiss it? No regular has told me that he looked lazy, if you would like to find the post i would read them though (not taking the piss). There are plenty of players in the past who have looked lazy, when in actual fact they have been disillusioned and unconfident.

From someone who actually saw him for the reserves, sounds like he was really busting a gut to get his chance. Poor Xisco  :weep:

I can't understand people who say Xisco was never given a chance. I think coaching him day in and day out gives you some indication of how good or how bad he is.

Have to agree.

and then when he had the chance to make an impression by performing in the reserves he went out and produced some of the most woefull, inept lacadazical performances i have ever seen by anyone puttting on a Newcastle United shirt,  no desire or self respect in his performance letting him get bullied off 17-18 yr old defenders,  one of the worst players i've ever had the misfortune to watch.

Night  :pow:

Respected, regulars?  :lol: