'There, or thereabouts'

Keefaz

"steven taylor has nailed his colours to the mast and says he will remain at newcaslte despite relegation"

"dave, it was a great party last night, ill nail my colours to the mast and help you clean up"

Again, a nautical term from the days of sea-faring wars.

"steven taylor has nailed his colours to the mast and says he will remain at newcaslte despite relegation"

"dave, it was a great party last night, ill nail my colours to the mast and help you clean up"

rubbish..it's from the days of remote control boats at paddy freemans when you had to identify your frequency with little coloured flags on a board so you didn't conflict with the controls of another boat. i believe it also happens in the high revving world of remote controlled cars.(or at least it used to....and no i didn't have a boat, a friend did)

• 2 weeks later...

rubbish..it's from the days of remote control boats at paddy freemans when you had to identify your frequency with little coloured flags on a board so you didn't conflict with the controls of another boat. i believe it also happens in the high revving world of remote controlled cars.(or at least it used to....and no i didn't have a boat, a friend did)

Cool, Sir Walter Scott had a remote controlled boat 200 years ago :)