Cardiff City 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/09/09 - post match reaction from p19

Dave

Giving away the ball endlessly after scoring. Complete change in mentality, we should be bossing possession still.

Ranger clearly needs help, Nolans nowhere, Bartons been poor again. Get lovenkrands on & put Barton more Central.

I want to see Vuckic on.

What do we introduce when we keep giving the ball away when we need someone to pass it around and take off the pressure? Ah yes, a kid who's never played a league game before  :rolleyes:

Well you never know he may just do a bit better than Barton at the moment.

:lol:

Even if he was on the bench, just :lol:

Fuck I thought he was on the bench  :lol:

Most well organised defence for years.

Maybe - but wouldn't survive v. prem team though.

Regardless - heading in the right direction though.

Giving away the ball endlessly after scoring. Complete change in mentality, we should be bossing possession still.

Ranger clearly needs help, Nolans nowhere, Bartons been poor again. Get lovenkrands on & put Barton more Central.

Too much change could have a disastrous effect

Guest ItalianMagpie

We're doing well, I think everybody will have problems with our midfield :snod:

Perhaps a bit too relaxed after the lead, I hope we're going to try and score the second cause this is a big chance to win a direct clash with promotion contenders.

We need to start keeping the ball. Playing the long pass to Ranger is resulting in loss of possession all the time. Need to start playing through the midfield and getting Barton, Guthrie and Nolan involved. On the counter attack we really should murder this lot.

Made up for Coloccini like, well done son  :clap:

I want to see Vuckic on.

What do we introduce when we keep giving the ball away when we need someone to pass it around and take off the pressure? Ah yes, a kid who's never played a league game before  :rolleyes:

Well you never know he may just do a bit better than Barton at the moment.

This Vuckic stuff is getting unbelievable. The kid might be a good prospect, but it's far too early for him and when we have seen him (Albeit for a couple of minutes) against Leicester he didn't look too great.

you're right, that was one of the worst performances i've ever seen, dock his pay, send the c*** home

Our usual tactics I see, go 1-0 and not bother attacking.  :rolleyes:

Still waiting for Barton to do anything in a Newcastle shirt as well.

Didn't see him under Keegan then.

Aye he played OK when the likes of Owen, Martins and Viduka were on fire.

He's still done nowt in the bloody second tier.  I'd be chuffed if he did but I don't see the point in defending him when he doesn't.

This Vuckic stuff is getting unbelievable. The kid might be a good prospect, but it's far too early for him and when we have seen him (Albeit for a couple of minutes) against Leicester he didn't look too great.

We're not allowed to judge a player after one game, but we are allowed to hail a player who hasn't even played properly for us yet.

We're doing well, I think everybody will have problems with our midfield :snod:

Perhaps a bit too relaxed after the lead, I hope we're going to try and score the second cause this is a big chance to win a direct clash with promotion contenders.

If we could win this, it would worry the rest, definately.

If we could get an early 2nd after the break, that could clinch it, and settle nerves.

We're not allowed to judge a player after one game, but we are allowed to hail a player who hasn't even played properly for us yet.

To be honest, I reckon he might have been a better choice than Donaldson for the bench today given the other players we've got in the team/bench, but its not the end of the world that he isn't.

Our usual tactics I see, go 1-0 and not bother attacking.  :rolleyes:

Still waiting for Barton to do anything in a Newcastle shirt as well.

Didn't see him under Keegan then.

Aye he played OK when the likes of Owen, Martins and Viduka were on fire.

He's still done nowt in the bloody second tier.  I'd be chuffed if he did but I don't see the point in defending him when he doesn't.

I know, he's been gash again today but i do think he gives it away when trying to be creative and i know he has the potential to be better. I'm confident it will come this season.

Not yet like, thats clear.

The first 15 mins were great, but after that we seemed to get careless really.

What I think we need to do is just come ut, play simple passing balls, keep ahold of it. In time Cardiff will tire and willallow gaps to show, then we will be able do more overlapping runs, run at them, maybe bring on lovenkrands to gain more pace. Really we also need to stop the silly fouls aswell.

We seem to be able to stop Cardiff from playing the way they like to at times, and I have seen that if we concentrate more, then we are the better team in all areas.

I have that feeling that this is going to be a long 45 mins though.

We need to start keeping the ball. Playing the long pass to Ranger is resulting in loss of possession all the time. Need to start playing through the midfield and getting Barton, Guthrie and Nolan involved. On the counter attack we really should murder this lot.

Made up for Coloccini like, well done son  :clap:

Motm for us so far.

Very poor after the goal, but I guess it was all the pent-up tension about this being our "toughest test" getting released. I'm sure we'll be ready to go at it again after the break.

Great header from Colo. That things going to stay with me in my head for the next four months :thup:

Oh, and message to Hughton: It's Loven time!

Taken the foot off the gas after the goal, really need to up it again or they will equalise. The midfield has been shite with the ball, Nolan and Barton the worst of the lot, Ryan Taylor needs to get forward more, never seems to be anywhere when we have the ball on that side. Not bad overall, but would like one of Barton or hopefully Nolan come off for Lovenkrands and have him play off Ranger with Guthrie pushed back into midfield.

This Vuckic stuff is hilarious. :lol:

It's perfectly simple. We can say that Vuckic is a better prospect than playing Barton, but we can't say that Ranger should have more confidence in his shot because he hasn't played enough.