Blackpool vs Newcastle United Pre-Match thread - 16/09/09 - 19:45 KO

ElDiablo

I know some will kick off but does anyone think we should blood some youngsters? Or maybe just even LuaLua actually.

We can't go all season with the same XI so the likes of LuaLua need some time to settle in.

Note- I don't mean Kadar, Vuckic etc etc. all at the same time.

Love how the games come thick and fast in this league. I'd take a draw here if i'm honest. Blackpool look a relatively solid unit this season and, i mean, i wouldn't be surprised if we're facing a wee bit of jet lag. Plymouth is the bigger game in my opinion; we really need to be winning that.

If we lose either of these upcoming ones then it makes a bit of a mockery of the hard work at Cardiff.

That said; we should win both of them. We probably will, but i'd take four points from these two.

Guest toonlass

We all know that Houghton will play:

Harper

Simpson     Taylor (s)          Colo              Enrique

Taylor ®     Nolan             Butt            Barton

Ranger          Lovenkrands

Harper

Should be more than enough to beat Blackpool.

Harper

Should be more than enough to beat Blackpool.

:kinnear:

I reckons Lovenkrands will probably start from the bench again (which is fair enough, i doubt he's match fit at all), and it'll be another 4-5-1.

We should give the 4-5-1 a rest IMO. I'd prefer to see any two from Ranger, Carroll and Lovenkrands start. There isn't really any need to play 5 midfielders, especially if you are still going to concede most of the posession like we did today.

Bartons massively underused out on the wing. His skill is through balls, admittedly last week he gave it away a bit. Today he played some nice balls down the line because thats about all that was on. We need our more creative players in the middle.

Bartons massively underused out on the wing. His skill is through balls, admittedly last week he gave it away a bit. Today he played some nice balls down the line because thats about all that was on. We need our more creative players in the middle.

Barton seemed to have a bet on how many times the ball went out of play, my guess is he bet it would go out a lot!