Blackpool 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 16/09/09 - post match reaction from page 23

Dave

I see the knee-jerk has already started.  The cycle never ends.

I see the Boo Boys are out in force at the minute . . .jesus wept man !!

Criticism is inevitable when the team has so many slow one paced plodders in it.

If you insist on playing a carthorse like Butt, you put some players with a  with a bit of pace with him , not put grandad Geremi on alongside him.  :nope:

Fuck it!

Hardly Houghtons fault we have the squad we do.  However, have to agree Butt should be nowhere near our team, however bad our squad is.

He has done very well with the resources he has, when did we last win 5 on the bounce?  Ages ago.

In some ways a result like this might actually do us some good, we were never going to go through the season without an away defeat... hence some of the reactions on here are a bit OTT IMO

Sounds like we should have settled for the draw. It was the type of game I would have taken a draw from, it had potential banana skin written all over it.

It's because we went into this game looking for a draw we are getting this result tbh.

Exactly

Nail on head. Lack of balls from Hughton and poor team selection and subs.

We're offside all of the time here. We've handed them the game.

Was only a matter of time before people turned on Hughton and saw that he simply isn't a manager.

I've always been against the idea of giving this excellent coach but unqualified manager the job on a permenant basis tbf.

I've never even contemplated us giving Hughton the position! There is no way he is a manager!

Was only a matter of time before people turned on Hughton and saw that he simply isn't a manager.

I've always been against the idea of giving this excellent coach but unqualified manager the job on a permenant basis tbf.

I've never even contemplated us giving Hughton the position! There is no way he is a manager!

manager of the month tbh

manager of the month tbh

You're right he's quality.

It's as if Hughton really didn't want to win this game.  If we went in 4-4-2 we would have held the ball better and created more chances.  Instead we've sat back on a 4-5-1 and allowed them to dictate play. 

Guthrie, R.Taylor or Barton made to leave and Butt and Nolan stay.  Nolan I can accept may produce something but keeping Butt on is awful.

manager of the month tbh

Our results have been lucky on the whole! Hughton up until this point has been lucky! This is going to hit us hard! He will continue to play Butt though!