The Not-so-Untouchable Nicky Butt

Decky

ask Keegan and Allardyce. Keegan had Owen arriving late in the box so that pretty much nullified Barton's chances. He was playing a bit like Gattuso under Keegan tbh, covering out wide then dropping inside when we had the ball.

Under Allardyce, fuck knows. The entire team seemed withdrawn and lacking fluidity

ask Keegan and Allardyce. Keegan had Owen arriving late in the box so that pretty much nullified Barton's chances. He was playing a bit like Gattuso under Keegan tbh, covering out wide then dropping inside when we had the ball.

Under Allardyce, fuck knows. The entire team seemed withdrawn and lacking fluidity

During that brief run under KK was the only time Barton's looked any good for us. Sort of a left hand sided centre mid, same position but opposite side to Geremi.

What effect does Butt have on the players around him. From my understanding he isn't a popular person in and around the training ground. In a way after being told this it makes sense how he might bring the worst out of players around him. I genuinely couldn't see a performance like that coming v Blackpool - it was grade A shite. It was a stark reminder of the shite played in the last 10/12 games of last season.

What effect does Butt have on the players around him. From my understanding he isn't a popular person in and around the training ground. In a way after being told this it makes sense how he might bring the worst out of players around him. I genuinely couldn't see a performance like that coming v Blackpool - it was grade A s****. It was a stark reminder of the s**** played in the last 10/12 games of last season.

did you blink and miss the Cardiff game? It was all the warning we needed

What effect does Butt have on the players around him. From my understanding he isn't a popular person in and around the training ground. In a way after being told this it makes sense how he might bring the worst out of players around him. I genuinely couldn't see a performance like that coming v Blackpool - it was grade A shite. It was a stark reminder of the shite played in the last 10/12 games of last season.

The question also needs to be asked why is it that Alan Smith looks better in that position despite being a striker by trade? Even Fergie ditched Butt a decade ago and played Smith there instead.

Under Allardyce, f*** knows. The entire team seemed withdrawn and lacking fluidity

but with butt there in a middle 3 there was still plenty of scope for getting forward. i pointed out a few times last season the ammount of times butt was looking round for one of his other midfielders to make a move forward,when they didn't he had to. i know butt has been poor yet barton gets free of any stick when playing as bad.

Get real guys! Do you really think that Hughton is going to drop Butt? No fucking way...he's the first name on the team sheet! How is it actually possible that this clown was signed by SBR?

Why it can't be that the team is picked according to players form for once instead of always relying on their reputation! It's been proven about million times that Butt shouldn't be nowhere near the starting eleven. I really woulnd't mind seeing Barton, Nolan, Guthrie and co dropped because they're just not performing at their best(even average) level they're capable of. No matter who we're playing it's a certain 4-5-1 now as Hughton got a few results with it...

Shearer at least got some balls to drop players who didn't perform! Give a chance for Lua Lua and Vuckic...even if they don't chance the game it's like putting money in the bank considering the future. Well...can they do any worse than the current group of lads in the midfield at the moment?

Get real guys! Do you really think that Hughton is going to drop Butt? No fucking way...he's the first name on the team sheet! How is it actually possible that this clown was signed by SBR?

Why it can't be that the team is picked according to players form for once instead of always relying on their reputation! It's been proven about million times that Butt shouldn't be nowhere near the starting eleven. I really woulnd't mind seeing Barton, Nolan, Guthrie and co dropped because they're just not performing at their best(even average) level they're capable of. No matter who we're playing it's a certain 4-5-1 now as Hughton got a few results with it...

Shearer at least got some balls to drop players who didn't perform! Give a chance for Lua Lua and Vuckic...even if they don't chance the game it's like putting money in the bank considering the future. Well...can they do any worse than the current group of lads in the midfield at the moment?

He wasn't who Bobby wanted to sign. Freddie Shepard transfer, says as much in Bobby's book.

Smith, Butt and Nolan in the same midfield. :thup:

It's not good is it. I said in the match thread, having not seen it I don't actually know how it worked, but when Geremi, Butt and Nolan were on the pitch together I just can't imagine there being enough pace or energy to ever break the opposition down.

Guest Roger Kint

Get real guys! Do you really think that Hughton is going to drop Butt? No f***ing way...he's the first name on the team sheet! How is it actually possible that this clown was signed by SBR?

He wasn't who Bobby wanted to sign. Freddie Shepard transfer, says as much in Bobby's book.

I agree with you regarding Butt however SBR did sign Bassedas, Cordone, Cort and Quinn(among others) as well so Beezeri's comment is pretty silly. Everyone makes mistakes, even the greats, SBR seemed to be over trusting his people like Wadsworth.

Get real guys! Do you really think that Hughton is going to drop Butt? No f***ing way...he's the first name on the team sheet! How is it actually possible that this clown was signed by SBR?

I agree with you regarding Butt however SBR did sign Bassedas, Cordone, Cort and Quinn(among others) as well so Beezeri's comment is pretty silly. Everyone makes mistakes, even the greats, SBR seemed to be over trusting his people like Wadsworth.

Bobbys book actually says that he wanted one of Sean Davis, Van Bommel, Carrick or Butt.

Shepherd wouldn't pay 2.5m for Carrick as he was out of contract in the summer and Dyer recommended Butt to Robson as he was 'a good passer'. Bobby was happy with the signing.

Bobbys book actually says that he wanted one of Sean Davis, Van Bommel, Carrick or Butt.

Shepherd wouldn't pay 2.5m for Carrick as he was out of contract in the summer and Dyer recommended Butt to Robson as he was 'a good passer'. Bobby was happy with the signing.

Jesus Christ. I thought he was just thick, but was Dyer actually going out of his way to destroy SBR?